exams

512 posts / 0 new
Last post

Now that we are discussing gender bias....my gender/culture bias exam is next week.

I've got to eat rice but I'll be back.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
If the results were based from female participants, doesn't it mean that the findings may not apply to males?

And it does not mean that they apply to females other than the test subjects. or that even the conclusions are valid.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"Muslim Bro" wrote:
If the results were based from female participants, doesn't it mean that the findings may not apply to males?

And it does not mean that they apply to females other than the test subjects. or that even the conclusions are valid.

...unless the sample is big enough (worldwide study using millions of participants).

If u wanna do a research nowadays you have to get a license from the home office and I doubt that they'll give one for a study on sleep deprivation.

The US army uses sleep deprivation as a technique for torture.

[color=magenta]exactly two months till results for AS/A levels come out i cant wait two months its too long its killing me just waiting hope every1 does great inshaAllah, im just so confused in wht to drop next year i dont thnk i can handle four subjects for A2, [/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Uni results will be released at the end of this month... after the strike they may have been delayed depending on which uni u ppl attend (if u attend a uni).

Back in BLACK

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]im just so confused in wht to drop next year i dont thnk i can handle four subjects for A2, [/color]

Don't do four subjects, best to do three.

Unless you wanna do a course in uni which requires 4 A/B's.

[color=magenta]i know its best for me to do three but i dont knw wht to drop i go to each of my teachers n my politics, psychology, biology n chemistry teachers are like dont you dare drop my subject i just dont knw, every1 gives me different advice, but i really love all my subjects im so confused[/color] Cray 2

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

well thanx for the advice
anway ive decided to take, biology, chemistry, phycology and textiles at A level.

smile and be happy!!!

I’m the queen of procrastination.

For the past few days each time I’ve sat down with my books open, I’ve suddenly remembered to file my nails, phone up people I haven’t contacted in ages, spent 15min in front of the mirror trying out new ways to apply eyeliner, I’ve remembered that I haven’t weighed my self in months, at one point I even went out to buy almonds cos apparently almonds makes one cleverer….all to put off studying for a boring 5hour exam on Monday…

[color=magenta]good luck for your exam then, five hours?thts mad u have any break in between?[/color]

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I’m the queen of procrastination.

For the past few days each time I’ve sat down with my books open, I’ve suddenly remembered to file my nails, phone up people I haven’t contacted in ages, spent 15min in front of the mirror trying out new ways to apply eyeliner, I’ve remembered that I haven’t weighed my self in months, at one point I even went out to buy almonds cos apparently almonds makes one cleverer….all to put off studying for a boring 5hour exam on Monday…

lol i thot i was bad! Good luck i am sure you will do great inshallah.

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]i go to each of my teachers n my politics, psychology, biology n chemistry teachers are like dont you dare drop my subject[/color] Cray 2

So your teachers are threatening you....

Best you wait till the exam results come out then you will have a better understanding on what subject to drop.

Pick a course for uni.

See what you need.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[color=magenta]i fink il have to base it purely on my exam results im stil not sure if i wna do law or medicine, medicine requires chemistry plus another science subject for A-levels n law it just requires AAB in any subject so the two subjects i should drop would be politics n psychology but those are the two subjects which i love attnding n participating in so guess i wait for results day n se then,[/color]

if you consider writing as one of your strengths, go for law.....if your more the logical type, do the sciences

coz in law, you jus have to write a load of rubbish...be an expert at waffling Biggrin

I personally think its more interesting than the sciences coz.....you cant really relate molecular structure or whatever they teach you, to daily life

and in law, immigration is the best.....you find out how so many asians get here everyday Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]so the two subjects i should drop would be politics n psychology[/color]

Yeah wait till the exam results come out.
If you get the same grades for both subjects then dropping politics would be good unless you like writing 60 mark essay questions.

"Sirus" wrote:
and in law, immigration is the best.....you find out how so many asians get here everyday Lol

lol I've got so many stories....

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]good luck for your exam then, five hours?thts mad u have any break in between?[/color]

Yeh I should have a 15min break in between...I have an three hour maths exam and a two hour English exam.

I've given up on revision...its way too hot to revise. I spent the whole day procrastinating today by spending 5hours cleaning my car. Revision bores me.

[color=magenta]opps i meant to be saying il either drop psycho or polz not both, but yeah waiting till exams, well u see im a girl wiv many interests i love my science n my law n my footie but i guess its haunting me nw[/color]

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I've given up on revision...its way too hot to revise. I spent the whole day procrastinating today by spending 5hours cleaning my car. Revision bores me.

:shock: I wasn't expecting that from you.

You should be encouraging us younger lots.

I've been revising all day for the past two weeks (even at night sometimes) and I still think I haven't revised enough.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
I've been revising all day for the past two weeks (even at night sometimes) and I still think I haven't revised enough.

I am sorry to say that in my opinion, you are either a worrier or do not know how to revise.

Neither is positive.

I've got 6 exams this month. I've finished 1 and got 5 left. So I revise for 1 exam and when that's finished I start revising for the other exam.

I'm not revising all day for the past two weeks for only 1 exam silly.

But how do you manage that?

Revision has never been my strong point. Just did not seem to get the hang of it.

To be honest I never revised for my gcse's and I thought I could pass it easily but did quite badly. So I learnt from that mistake.

My parents (especially my dad) really wants me to go into uni and get a degree.

I also want to get a degree and the only way I can do that is to pass my A2 exams. I think I'm revising like mad because of the fear of dissapointing my parents and also the fear of not going into uni.

So I'm just going to revise as much as I can and inshaallah pass my exams.

Inshallah you will.

I advise you to pick up past papers, and work through them. Answer the questions fully, writing the answers down. Look in books if necessary to answer the questions.

Just looking at what you have studied will just confuse.

Always look at weighting of question. I presume for essay type questions there will be one mark per point.

Work smart, not hard.

Thanks bro.

I've got past exam questions for the past 4 years lol.

What I'm doing is writing down the main theories and studies down and reading them so many times to memorize it so at least on the exam day I'll remember the main points.

I used that technique for last weeks exam and I think I did great....I remembered everything.

Yeah it's one mark for one point (15 marks A01 and 15 marks A02).

Bullet point help here.

Remember to give yourself some bullet point before you answer the question.

It works two fold:

1. Reminds you if you forget something.
2. If you run out of time, it is a sneaky way of possibly squeazing in some points. The examiner will have a look, and realise you were working methodically, but ran out of time. So may (or may not) award marks for the bullet point that have not been expanded on yet.

Ahhaa, that's a clever idea.

Thanks for the tip. I ran out of time in last weeks exam and instead of doing bullet points I started writing a whole paragraph out and couldn't finish writing it.

I'll remember to use that on wednesday.

I am good at exams. :twisted:

However I abused that, allowing myself to become extremely arrogant and lazy.

I still am. I think I have a chance in an exam after say half an hour revision with the relevant materials present, even if I have not touched the subject before.

You reminded me of a story I read somewhere.

There was a girl (niqabi) who had an exam and she hadn't revised so guess what she done.

She told her dad to go into the exam and do it for her but he got caught after the teachers noticed 'her' bodily features and voice.

rotfl!

Not that I believe it.

But that is funny.

Pages