Weddings!

739 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
. he never said its islamic, nor can you prove its unislamic.

thank you brother Darth

yes seraph i am a bit old fashioned. every1 has their own likes and dislikes , so long as i m not hurting any1 or making it an obligation i dont see what the big deal is.

Like in our MP culture women when dressing up literally drip in gold with loads of jewellery on, i think its something to do with the fact that we were so poor before and now have so much money relaitively that we dont know what to do with it. But does it hurt any1 that i want my wife to be to wear loads of jewellery, does it hurt any1 that i want her to tie flowers in her hair, wear mehndi on her hand and be feminine as possible? no so it shouldnt be an issue for others to get worked up abt.

Btw in SOME things i am old-fashioned, or too paki-cultural but other htings i m not in. Eg all those shrines and festivals of saints i dont agree with, so even though the harmless cultural practices i like, i dont support the innovations!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I never ignored ur post even once

so DONT ascribe what alter ego used to do to me

ADVOCATING DEPRESSION SHOWS UNGRATEFULNESS TO BLESSINGS FROM GOD

A MARRAIGE IS A BLESSING FROM GOD

WHY THE HELL SHOULD A BRIDE ACT AS IF SHE IS DEPRESSED/SAD AND UNGRATEFUL

GOD DOES NOT LIKE THOSE WHO ARE UNGRATEFUL-THIS IS QURANIC TEACHINGS

HOW MANY TIMES MUST I REPEAT MYSELF

and Keep ur cultural crap to urself

its obvious that ur a backwards/cultural/sexist Paki

but ur entitled to ur freaky cultural practices

its a free world

Fatwa's don't exist on common sense stuff-everyone knows that

its of no surpirse that ur weirdo beliefs are dismissed by most people

i hve had enough of reading ur posts on this topic lady.

You still havent proved it is haraam for her to be shy or look sad.

You obviously have issues with pakistan. I m sorry for that. Btw are you from the sect who do death anniversaries for your saints, eat plates of halwa and do so-called milad sessions, and leave food at graves?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

who's arguing about being "shy"

u seeing stuff that aint there?

no one's had an issue with that

we're agueing over u ADVOCATING being sad/depressed

I've never attended a grave in my life/nor have I celebrated anyones death anniversery and I LOVE khajar (carrot) halwa-I'm gonna get mum to make it tonight

and I do attend Milads

so whats ur point? hats that got to do with ur fetish for depressed brides?

pls maintain some decency in language and refrain from words such as fetish they are crude and uncalled for

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I never ignored ur post even once

so DONT ascribe what alter ego used to do to me

ADVOCATING DEPRESSION SHOWS UNGRATEFULNESS TO BLESSINGS FROM GOD

A MARRAIGE IS A BLESSING FROM GOD

WHY THE HELL SHOULD A BRIDE ACT AS IF SHE IS DEPRESSED/SAD AND UNGRATEFUL

GOD DOES NOT LIKE THOSE WHO ARE UNGRATEFUL-THIS IS QURANIC TEACHINGS

HOW MANY TIMES MUST I REPEAT MYSELF

and Keep ur cultural crap to urself

its obvious that ur a backwards/cultural/sexist Paki

but ur entitled to ur freaky cultural practices

its a free world

Fatwa's don't exist on common sense stuff-everyone knows that

its of no surpirse that ur weirdo beliefs are dismissed by most people

You tell him.... but he wont listen, or agree... or vice versa, so best to call it a day...
we've all had our say...before tempers get out of control

Lol!

Dont worry my temper isnt going anywhere, rather I am amused. Thank you for providing me with som light relief Forum.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
Lol!

Dont worry my temper isnt going anywhere, rather I am amused. Thank you for providing me with som light relief Forum.

you're amused easily arent you Biggrin

well wen dealing with jokers i think amusement is the expected response!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
well wen dealing with jokers i think amusement is the expected response!

Well that and waiting for some1 to tell an knock knock joke.

Back in BLACK

"naj" wrote:
"Hay-DUH" wrote:
LOL, medievalist.....i urge you to return to the realms you came from, you are clearly not from this era.

i agree on keeping things simple, and i liked the way the wedding MuslimSis went was conducted....especially the nasheeds.

why must you look sad on your wedding day? to most people its a day off happiness!! get with the times lad.

no harm in having a little fun as long as nothing Haraam is done....i dont like the whole sing n dance myself, but in a womens only zone i'd just about allow it (one-off occasion).

Medieval, no1 will remember your wedding day!!

totally agree....your wedding days the biggest turn in your life u must enjoy the day coz it a one in a life time mission

she disagreed with med

:shock: :shock: :shock:

lol...couldnt help findin this thread.....sad marriage days lol

Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

LOL

man this thread was hot Dirol

but hang on a min-

she dont believe in depressed brides-he does

how is that gonna work :!:

Lol - its what i will forever remember him for

maybe thats why it didnt work

i thought she gettin married 2 sum1 else..... :?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I re read this entire thread-

it was fascinating-

if I was getting married-I'd prob cry for a month prior to the wedding Cray 2

but on the wedding day its important for the bride to look happy and not cry and ruin her make up-I will be happy on my wedding day as I'd only ever marry the man I want to be with

so whats there not to be happy about-

I'd only cry on my wedding day if I was being forced-which would never in a million years happen

I think according to indopak culture, wat Med is saying is considered the norm.

I remember wen my cuzn was getn married, she sed on her wedding day she gna b happy n not cry etc, n v had a lil bet too (between guys n girls in the family) n it looked astho she asmost won it, n she didnt cry, .....Until...

wen the bride goes to the car n shes gna go to her new house etc. She started crying n sobbing. Evryone asked her a few weeks later, n she sed she cudnt help but cry cuz she knew she wudnt c her family in ages, altho she wasnt moving too far. She thought about how she'd miss her mum n evrythin her mum duz for her, n how her life was bout to change...

I remember another cuzns wedding (female again) she didnt cry the whole wedding day, n wen everyone starts crying she was laffing and joking, and after seeing all this the aunty jee's had a field day with it sayin modern girls r this that the other, n they hav no feelings etc.

So basically if ladies dunt cry on ther wedding day, the aunty jee's think they r abnormal

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

salaam

wats with the rice throwing thats sooo haraam,and its totally cultural i find it really annoying when brides do that at weddings. i mean its Rizak from Allah they throw it then ppl walk all over it shock i dont get the significance of it any way, any 1 know y they do it!!!

Salaam

"Saadia Khan" wrote:
salaam wats with the rice throwing thats sooo haraam,and its totally cultural i find it really annoying when brides do that at weddings. i mean its Rizak from Allah they throw it then ppl walk all over it :shock: i dont get the significance of it any way, any 1 know y they do it!!!

As far as I know, it represents the fact that in the bride's father's house there will be one less person, therefore there will be more barkat in the food' ie it will increase.

Considering what the ritual represents, it makes me sick that its still carried out.

Wasalaam

every bride cries at the rukhsati time - not because shes sad/unhappy but because leaving your parents home in which u have spent all your life growing up with mum, dad, bro, sis etc is a very emotional thing ta have ta go through....but once shes left then its all jolly crackers Biggrin its just that moment innit lol

regarding the rice throwing - i soooo dont understand that apparently iv heard that the brides bro's stand behind her and she throws it on them so that their blessed in their marriage or whatever :shock: stupid baseless traditions

"razor" wrote:

I remember another cuzns wedding (female again) she didnt cry the whole wedding day, n wen everyone starts crying she was laffing and joking, and after seeing all this the aunty jee's had a field day with it sayin modern girls r this that the other, n they hav no feelings etc.

So basically if ladies dunt cry on ther wedding day, the aunty jee's think they r abnormal

I can understand being upset at the Ruksati. I can understand crying for months before the wedding takes place.

But the mentality stated above is something that I can't understand. I strongly dislike the "modern girl" accusation. People ascribe it at the most minor things.

"Fatima" wrote:

As far as I know, it represents the fact that in the bride's father's house there will be one less person, therefore there will be more barkat in the food' ie it will increase.

Considering what the ritual represents, it makes me sick that its still carried out.

I didnt know that that was the message behind it. If thats true, then its SO wrong.

I like the English confetti thing though.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I like the English confetti thing though.

yeh thats nice - did that on halas wedding

salaam

id prefer real flower petals, especially roses lol roll

"Saadia Khan" wrote:
salaam

id prefer real flower petals, especially roses lol :roll:

we had petals 2 - the fake ones :roll: looked just as good though Lol

Call me cold hearted but i didn't really full blown cry during my wedding. I sobbed a bit in the car but as i left the house i wasn't in fits of tears as is the norm. I;d like to point out in the asian culture girls are expected to express sadness in dramatic effect to please the audience, lest the god forbid think she's "happily" being wed. I guess it's a sign of being i duno not girly enuff or ungrateful to one's parents by refusing to express sadness at parting with the family and home.

So some girls genuinely bawl their eyes out and even faint. Whilst others just put on the water works for good effect. And others like me who have always found it difficult to cry in public shed the most tears in private. So yeah i cried once i reached hubbys home and it hit me that i was married and that things would never be the same again.

But i'm in the same town as my family, literally a short walk away so maybe that was one reason i held it together so well.

"yashmaki" wrote:
Call me cold hearted but i didn't really full blown cry during my wedding. I sobbed a bit in the car but as i left the house i wasn't in fits of tears as is the norm. I;d like to point out in the asian culture girls are expected to express sadness in dramatic effect to please the audience, lest the god forbid think she's "happily" being wed. I guess it's a sign of being i duno not girly enuff or ungrateful to one's parents by refusing to express sadness at parting with the family and home.

So some girls genuinely bawl their eyes out and even faint. Whilst others just put on the water works for good effect. And others like me who have always found it difficult to cry in public shed the most tears in private. So yeah i cried once i reached hubbys home and it hit me that i was married and that things would never be the same again.

But i'm in the same town as my family, literally a short walk away so maybe that was one reason i held it together so well.

Im like you, i cant cry in public, people must thought of me as heartless when i didnt bawl my eyes out at my Dads funeral but thats just not me! My elder sister cried so much at her rukhsati she literally cried buckets, but i knw when i get married i wont cry as much if not at all

One of my cousins didnt cry at all at her rukhsati and maybe some elders talked, i dont know, but i dont understand the big deal if a bride decides nnot too cry

Some of my married cousins have said that on the wedding day they are naturally upset coz they are leaving their parental home, their life is changing forever etc etc and thats why they appear upset but then on the Walima they are the most happiest brides about!

I dont think a depressed bride looks that good but at the same time an over jolly bride doesnt look either, a shy happy bride IMO looks nice!

"yashmaki" wrote:
So yeah i cried once i reached hubbys home and it hit ried and that things would never be the same again.

(song) Things will never be the same again yeh yeh!!! Biggrin

Sorry had to do that could not help myself?

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Saadia Khan" wrote:
salaam

picky women :roll: :roll: Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder on Holiday" wrote:
"Saadia Khan" wrote:
salaam

picky women :roll: :roll: Blum 3

[color=indigo]lollzzz[/color] Lol Lol

'LiFe iS a TeSt...Be SuRe 2 PaSs iT'

go around asking if anyones got a cold. If you get a bklank stare ask them do they have the sniffles.

I notice the crying has to be helped on its way. Just remind people. Find a victim, and its contagious!

:twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages