Weddings!

739 posts / 0 new
Last post

Being "shy" and being "depressed/sad" are two different things.

Normally when I get shy I can't control my giggles. :oops:

i gets ya.

but watch an ancient pakistani wedding video....i think you get what he means. his medieval prefrences derive from culture and not religion. like he said, his grannies and aunts like it that way, and i can respect that. as long as his wife to be is happy then no qualms

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
can someone OTHER then the medievilist give me a Fatwa on women dancing in front of OTHER women in weddings

Wedding is a SOLEMN occasion.

And, in case you didnt know, let me break it to you:

Dancing is NOT a sign of solemnity.

God !!

Omrow

WHY ARE WEDDINGS A SOLEMN OCCASION!!!!!!

Why the hell do u people advocate being sad

the bride would ONLY be sad if she aint happy with the mouse she is getting married to

why do u people wish for brides to be depressed

do you guys not WANT the bride to be happy that she's getting married to you?

:evil:

I was watching a programme last night on channel two called "World weddings"

they normally follow a culture and do a documentary on their wedding

I've seen a gypsy style wedding in the past

last night they followed a kurdish man getting maried in a very backwards village

according to customs after the wedding the bride is not allowed to show any happiness for a month-for one month she must "grieve" for the family that she has left behind

this programme reminded me of some of the weirdo's on this forum :roll:

the above post reminded me of some of the intolerant to other cultures people on this forum

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
the above post reminded me of some of the intolerant to other cultures people on this forum

so I'm intolerent to cultures that CONTRADICT the teachings of Islam

big deal- :roll:

please provide evidence that it is anti islamic.

I thought u ppl were of the opinion that if it is not explicitly mentioned as forbidden then its allowed like ur death festivals, birthdays, dancing at ewddings?

suddenly, even though its not written anywhere ''thou shalt not have a sad looking bride at her wedding'' it is still contradictory to islam.

amazing how ppl are selective in their choices of what is permitted and what not.

we arent letting our personal preference dictate religion are we?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSister" wrote:

We are told to that we should “rejoice” in the “favour and mercy of Allah”.

And who wouldn’t agree that a marriage is a “favour and mercy” from Allah (swt).

We are also told to manifest gratefulness on all the blessings that Allah (swt) has bestowed upon us…Allah (swt) does not like those who are ungrateful.

Therefore to advocate depression on the brides wedding day contradicts the teachings of Islam.

the above are quranic teachings

just because she looks sad doesnt mean she is being ungrateful.

please provide a scholars fatwa that looking sad is forbidden.

othrewise put up with it. dont start issuing ur own fatawa plz

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

yeh whenever dad gives me a present instead of looking happy I look sad-

that shows how "grateful" I am for it

just appply a bit of common sense to this debate

smiling=being gratful and happy

being sad=being unhappy and ungrateful

:roll:

I can see why women in some cultures would look sad on their wedding days.

1, They are about to leave their parents' home.

2, They are going to become slaves of their in-laws.

3, They will probably suffer domestic violence.

4, They will be confined to their homes.

5, They are going to have to produce and bring up dozens of children.

et etc

i m GRATEFUL for ur educating me, just once more provide a Muftis fatwa saying her looking sad is forbidden and contradictory to islam. Please dont go 'pulling an AS'

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

dont need a Mufti to tell me that when your HAPPY u SMILE

when u are UNHAPPY ur look sad

when u are GRATEFUL u look happy

when u are UNGRATEFUL u look sad/depressed

Mufti provide Islamic rulings

they dont teach u common sense :roll:

"irfghan" wrote:

et etc

I agree with u

May God keep us away from such backwards cultures and practices

please keep ur funny remarks to urself!

Provide me wth a fatwa saying that she cant look sad at her wedding. y cant u answer my qsn.

trying to ''pull an AS?''

i want a fatwa saying she cant look sad and that it contradicts islam

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:

et etc

I agree with u

May God keep us away from such backwards cultures and practices

yeah, i dunno why Medieval wants Muslim women to look sad and shy on their wedding day? Crazy! If it is cultural , that doesnt mean its right. But here in the UK we dont have to follow a paki-cultur eof being sad..... yes be sad when bride has to leave her family...but not before that...enjoy the greatest day of her life!
Medieval is this just your view or view of your scholars and your madrassah?

get a life u backwards boy

if u get ur kicks outta desiring a depressed and sad bride then so be it

I pray that ur bride will be depressed on her wedding day-just the way u want

advocate sadness and depression-its ur life

but I believe BASED on quranic verses that ORDER us to "rejoice" on Gods "mercy and blessings"-it is WRONG to advocate depression for brides

dont need a Mufti to state the obvious :roll:

"Medievalist" wrote:

I'm pretty sure there's no such fatwa.

But marriage is supposed to be a good thing. Getting married fulfills a religious duty. Weddings are supposed to be happy occasions.

Looking sad and depressed goes against the spirit of doing something good, fulfilling a duty, being happy.

"irfghan" wrote:
"Medievalist" wrote:

thats cos we dont need Fatwa's to state the obvious-stuff that is SUPPOSED to be common sense

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

As i have mentioned before this is a PERSONAL PREFERENCE. I have explicitly mentioned that she doesnt HAVE to look sad so plz get with my earlier posts.

My point is I want MuslimSisLilSis to provide a fatwa or something of similar weight to prove that her looking sad is contradictory to islam. Its a simple request. y is she pulling an AS.

My stance: she can look happy, she can look sad nothing rong with it. My PREFERENCE is she looks shy.

Muslims Sis lIL Sis: plz provide fatwa that says she is forbidden to look sad. simple qsn.

as far as im concerned im the one whose being open here cos i say she can look how she likes, the other ones got issues with her looking sad. so editor dont attack me without reading my posts cos its seems to me that u ppl are out to get me. I say she can look how she likes and thats called OPENENESS and u picking on me not her!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:
"Medievalist" wrote:

thats cos we dont need Fatwa's to state the obvious-stuff that is SUPPOSED to be common sense

read the post :roll:

advocating sadness=advocating ungratfulness

and being shy and despressed are two diff things-but I cant get u a fatwa on this common sense theory :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

but I believe BASED on quranic verses that ORDER us to "rejoice" on Gods "mercy and blessings"-it is WRONG to advocate depression for brides

dont need a Mufti to state the obvious :roll:

Lol! How the tides have changed.

i didnt ask for ur own fatwa MuftiaMuslimSisLilSis! though i thank u for it.

Pls provide a scholars verdict that she cant look sad. U have declared something to be anti islamic or contradictory to islam, now provide ur proof; its a simple request.

Your ppl permit death anniversaries, shrines, milad, birthdays etc ALL on the basis that u think they are not explicitly forbidden hence allowed. Now y is her looking sad anydifferent?

Pls just answer the my request. Or u cud put an end to ALL this and say like i do: she can look happy, or sad, or mad, or bad, but my (muslimsislilsis) prefer her to look happy.

the matter wud be closed but u are being narrowminded and im afraid i detect a hint of stubborness here.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:

As i have mentioned before this is a PERSONAL PREFERENCE. I have explicitly mentioned that she doesnt HAVE to look sad so plz get with my earlier posts.

My point is I want MuslimSisLilSis to provide a fatwa or something of similar weight to prove that her looking sad is contradictory to islam. Its a simple request. y is she pulling an AS.

My stance: she can look happy, she can look sad nothing rong with it. My PREFERENCE is she looks shy.

Muslims Sis lIL Sis: plz provide fatwa that says she is forbidden to look sad. simple qsn.

as far as im concerned im the one whose being open here cos i say she can look how she likes, the other ones got issues with her looking sad. so editor dont attack me without reading my posts cos its seems to me that u ppl are out to get me. I say she can look how she likes and thats called OPENENESS and u picking on me not her!

why is it your PREFERENCE that women look sad?
why is it not your PREFERENCE that women look happy, just like men be happy on the wedding day?

asking littlesis for a fatwa is a bit daft isnt it. She feels offended by your view so is having her say...giving her PREFERENCE. i disagree with your view but i'm not asking you for a fatwa.

[quote="TheRevivalEditor
why is it not your PREFERENCE that women look happy, just like men be happy on the wedding day?

asking littlesis for a fatwa is a bit daft isnt it. She feels offended by your view so is having her say...giving her PREFERENCE. i disagree with your view but i'm not asking you for a fatwa.[/quote]

why do some prefer brown bread and not white? why do some prefer meat to veg? why do some prefer coke to pepsi? Oh the qsns are endless.

Why is asking for a fatwa daft? plz explain. She can be offended, she can disagree, thats not my contention. What I am asking is for her to prove that for the bride to look sad is contradictory to the teachings of islam. She stated before that it contradicts islam, so she is no longer leaving it in the field of preference she has brought its legality into qsn. She must provide evidence that it is contradictory and i dont mean her own opinion, unless she is ghayr muqallid in which case her own opinon is her fatwa. But if she is muqallid she must atleast provide one scholarly opinion to say that it if unislamic for the bride to look sad.

Editor it amazes me that you don read my posts fully, or deliberately misunderstand them. She brought religion into it, she must back it up as u lot say. Y is she pulling an AS, i think AS wud be pleased!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

meaningless discussion..but i will leave it between you and littlesis

and by the way , who is "you lot". you use that alot. go on..just say it....

Lol You lot is not my lot!

Its you people. The people of the other.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
Lol You lot is not my lot!

Its you people. The people of the other.

...the dark side :twisted:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

yes, ally Darth Hayder. Lord Sith sends his regards.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

lol.

seriously tho LilSis and Ed, you got medievalist misunderstood. he clearly said its his personal prefrence, and every one is entitled to it. he never said its islamic, nor can you prove its unislamic.

whilst i dont agree with him, some people prefer to stick to ancient cultural methods. nothing wrong unless it contradicts Islam

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Without resorting to mind probing id say he prefers if the woman looks not sad but really humble at her wedding. He just seems to be a lil too cultural and ... well i dont wanna say "old-Fashioned"... but i will say it Old-Fashioned.

Back in BLACK

Pages