Weddings!

739 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Seraph" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

the brides look wow in those magazines

yep.. wow... thats the word that comes to mind.

Gigady, gagady, gig

lol hmmmm and may i ask why do u have the asian "bride" magazine, i am getin worried now!!

"angel" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

the brides look wow in those magazines

yep.. wow... thats the word that comes to mind.

Gigady, gagady, gig

lol hmmmm and may i ask why do u have the asian "bride" magazine, i am getin worried now!!

lol, nothing like that. My mom gets it sometimes coz shes really into sewing and looks at the latest fashion designs or trends. I just happen to be there Biggrin

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

lol, nothing like that. My mom gets it sometimes coz shes really into sewing and looks at the latest fashion designs or trends. I just happen to be there Biggrin

Or it could be cuz she wants to get your wifey to be a gorgus stunnin dress from there..sorry couldn't resist cuz its such a touchy subject for you, so it seems...i wonder who does those gals make-up, any idea seraph lol

"angel" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

Or it could be cuz she wants to get your wifey to be a gorgus stunnin dress from there..sorry couldn't resist cuz its such a touchy subject for you, so it seems...i wonder who does those gals make-up, any idea seraph lol

How should i know who does the make-up.

If i had to guess id say its some salon and they put the makeup on the models as a way of advertising how good they are. Sorry no names... dont really look at it in that much detail.

Wifey-2-B dont need a stunning dress she looks super-fine as it is.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

How should i know who does the make-up.

If i had to guess id say its some salon and they put the makeup on the models as a way of advertising how good they are. Sorry no names... dont really look at it in that much detail.

Wifey-2-B dont need a stunning dress she looks super-fine as it is.

awwww that is sooooooo sweet..

seraph i was being sarky, i didnt expect you to know!

"angel" wrote:

awwww that is sooooooo sweet..

seraph i was being sarky, i didnt expect you to know!

But then he had to slip in that little comment about his wifey-2-b.

"angel" wrote:
...the brides look wow in those magazines

u do know that all the models have been airbrushed

I've noticed that when the interview celebrities such as Meera Syal-even they look v v pretty in the mag

when in real life they're just standard

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

u do know that all the models have been airbrushed

Whats an airbrush?

Irfan i had to say something, she was degrading my fiancée; nobody gets to do that.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

Irfan i had to say something, she was degrading my fiancée; nobody gets to do that.

omg where the hell did i degrade your fiancee?? i just said your mum was lookin for a stunnin dress for your finacee, now where in that comment does it degrade your girl? Here's a point for you to note EVERY girl wants to look stunnin for her wedin day and EVERY girl wants a stunnin dress to wear! I am sure your finacee is pretty..but you really should read the post properly b4 you make accusations..

He's started being over-protective already.

Aahh, that's nice.

"irfan" wrote:

Aahh, that's nice.

nice? not when you go blind an accuse others of degradin your finacee when a person makes a comment which no where near implies that..

"angel" wrote:
"irfan" wrote:

Aahh, that's nice.

nice? not when you go blind an accuse others of degradin your finacee when a person makes a comment which no where near implies that..

what do expect from a boy who reads girls mags

course he's gonna read stuff that aint there

"angel" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

omg where the hell did i degrade your fiancee?? i just said your mum was lookin for a stunnin dress for your finacee, now where in that comment does it degrade your girl? Here's a point for you to note EVERY girl wants to look stunnin for her wedin day and EVERY girl wants a stunnin dress to wear! I am sure your finacee is pretty..but you really should read the post properly b4 you make accusations..

:roll: now your taking my posts a bit far.

By degrading i only meant that you implyd she needed a stunnin dress to look stunnin, which she dont.

Irfan, im not over-protective... well maybe a little, but i recon i have a right to be.

LilSis behave.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

:roll: now your taking my posts a bit far.

By degrading i only meant that you implyd she needed a stunnin dress to look stunnin, which she dont.

i didnt say that and nowhere near implied that, i havnt seen your girl so i cant judge..

Implied you did, but not intentionally...

so i forgive you.

Dirol

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

so i forgive you.

Dirol

excuse me! i am waitin for my apology, i was pretty offended by your remark you went into defence mode when it wasnt necessary..

I didnt imply intentionally, your right and its intentions that count..still waitin.

"angel" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

so i forgive you.

Dirol

excuse me! i am waitin for my apology, i was pretty offended by your remark you went into defence mode when it wasnt necessary..

I didnt imply intentionally, your right and its intentions that count..still waitin.

I apologise for hurting your feelings, that was not my intention.

we cool?

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

I apologise for hurting your feelings, that was not my intention.

we cool?

yeah and your forgiven Wink

"Seraph" wrote:

Irfan, im not over-protective... well maybe a little, but i recon i have a right to be.

Ofcourse.

Just come back from my cuz bruvs wedding... aahh man i'm absolutely exhausted. Getting to these halls etc is a mission in itself, if they're not community centres hidden away in the 'dodgy' end of town they're restuarants or hotels out in the middle of no-where.

The bride's literally been crying non-stop for the last 3 days since the mendhi. Her mothers a bit of a weirdo (she has the strangest dress sense: she'll dress up as if she's the same age as her daughter :roll: ).
The funny part is the grooms the butt of every joke. At one point someone told him to feed the bride a spoon of Rasmali for a picture, soon after every1's saying he's now under her thumb lol. Lol
They did the whole shabang when it came to rassams. The dodgy milk, the stealing the grooms shoes, the grooms younger brother sitting on the brides lap till they cough up money. It was funny watching it. Then theres the games they play...

Unfortunately they also did quite a few things wrong IMO. Mixed guys and girls in the same hall, guys and girls dancing... hhmm :? not cool. But i guess no1 else thinks about these things anymore; they're will be like 50 guys the most, and then a gazillion women. So i suppose theres little point in getting a separate room for the guys.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
The dodgy milk, the stealing the grooms shoes, the grooms younger brother sitting on the brides lap till they cough up money. .

:shock: :shock:

(how old was the grooms brother?)

and what did they do with the dodgy milk?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:
The dodgy milk, the stealing the grooms shoes, the grooms younger brother sitting on the brides lap till they cough up money. .

:shock: :shock:

(how old was the grooms brother?)

and what did they do with the dodgy milk?

He was like a chubby 14 year old... poor girl.

The girls side usually make the groom drink a glass of milk. They do all sorts to it e.g. sometimes its gone off, sometimes the stick lumps of cotton wool in the milk which he then coughs up as soon as he drinks it. Its all for a laugh really and a way to get the groom to cough up some money (i thnk he paid her £60 for the milk and £100 for the getting his shoes back).
Ofcourse being from the guys side we had to try and limit his loss, so we made the bride drink the milk first b4 he drank from it.

Back in BLACK

The milk has almonds and pistachios and nuts in it. It's so that the groom gets some lead in his pencil.

I couldn't believe it either.

"irfan" wrote:
The milk has almonds and pistachios and nuts in it. It's so that the groom gets some lead in his pencil.

I couldn't believe it either.

this thread is getting more and more shocking

i love asian weddings-but if this is the kind of rubbish that goes on i may be forced to make my family have a "white wedding" for me or just sumin in the registry office

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

P.S IMO guys who love to dance are batty

loooooooooooooooooooooool!

I thought i was the only 1 who thought that.

Become obedient to the Chief, Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam, so ALL chiefs become obedient to you.

All these customs are baseless innovation and shoudl be shunned.

Intermingling, lavish spending, music, dancing (in ALL cases), music bring the curse of ALLAH upon the attendees.

Customs such as the devar sitting on his sis-in-laws lap is extremely wrong, there is meant to be prudah between ghayr mahram ppl.

Now that i expressed my disapproval . . .

what is with the chicken going round the girls hed?!! never seen that in our end of pak. What if the chicken had a sudden need for natural evacuation? can we expect the bride to tolerate chicken droppings on her wedding day!!

One thing i do find extremely strange is this . . .

At the time of nikah the bride will be dressed in simple clothing with her face covered by her scarf. She will whisper her consent to her sister/friend/mother. But once she is married on comes the make up and party clothes and she sits barefaced for all men to see?!

Its just a show

My grandmother tells me that when she was younger and lived in karachi then purdah was much more common in the cities. She goes the bride would gett all dressed up but wud have a red veil hiding her face. She goes she was still decorated and the veil had gold and stuff on it but her face was hidden. She goes whn jst women present they wud lift her veil over her hed and have it restin on her hed but then when they had to move about she would lower the veil again so her face is closed.

Y cant ppl still do that?

Become obedient to the Chief, Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam, so ALL chiefs become obedient to you.

salaam

the reason why ppl dont do that anymore is that not everyone believes in the view of wearing a viel-niqaab- is fardh; most ppl view it as optional.

if its a lady only event then even hijab is not needed, but if some men wil be around as in all weddings nowadays then hijab is compulsory, but niqab is optional; if some believe niqab is fardh then that is their belief and that should not be enforced on all.

wasalaam

"AbdusSalamBiharwi" wrote:
But once she is married on comes the make up and party clothes and she sits barefaced for all men to see?!

Its just a show

Niqab is not Fard-if u think it is then thats ur opinion but if the bride is not a deoband then u have no right to condemn her

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Niqab is not Fard-if u think it is then thats ur opinion but if the bride is not a deoband then u have no right to condemn her

1. I dont wish to discuss the legal status of veiling.

2. I didnt mention anything about deoband or salafi or barelwi so whats that got to do with anything?

3. My point was if she is gonna show her face then y does she hide it at nikah time and infact this is across the board in pakistani weddings. Dosent matter whether the girl veils at other times, at nikah time she has her face completely hidden, y?

Whats the point of acting bashful when its just done as a ritual?

Pages