Weddings!

739 posts / 0 new
Last post

oh man... weddings

i'm going to be poor

"Don Karnage" wrote:
oh man... weddings

i'm going to be poor

Why didnt u just opt for the simple wedding?

Back in BLACK

Mostly I want to make her happy - she's been waiting for this her whole life, I understand that.

But also I passed a financial mark a while back that makes changing course no longer financially sound.

I have a very simple job, keep her happy for the rest of her life.

Or Esteban will kill me.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Mostly I want to make her happy - she's been waiting for this her whole life, I understand that.

But also I passed a financial mark a while back that makes changing course no longer financially sound.

Or Esteban will kill me.

hhmm i see ur point.

if it was me i'd create a time-machine and go back in time to stop myself from budgeting wrongly... but thats just me. Not somthing for everyone.

I can imagine you keep loosening your tie everytime they add something new to the list (lol uv prob got some ridiculious things like ice-sculptures and swans a gazillion flowers).

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Or Esteban will kill me.

hhmm i see ur point.

if it was me i'd create a time-machine and go back in time to stop myself from budgeting wrongly... but thats just me. Not somthing for everyone.

I can imagine you keep loosening your tie everytime they add something new to the list (lol uv prob got some ridiculious things like ice-sculptures and swans a gazillion flowers).

Yea you really hit the nail on the head - it was my mistake in budgeting very early on, and as with most things financial you don't feel the effects until a couple miles down the road.

...what's wrong with ice sculptures and flowers? - Ironically they are the least of my expenses right now.

Food and entertainment seem to be the big two right now, I suppose more broadly decorating is the most expensive - which does include ice sculptures, flowers and lighting.

Also the backup option is expensive... we're trying to have the reception outside at our place in MV, but if it rains it's going to have to move inside which requires decorating there too, and setting up a spot for the considerable entertainment.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
looks like Dave's wedding will make front page in the next OK mag

What's OK? - and I told my parents flat out no press, i'm really irritated she invited all her friends and if the whole purpose was to get into the socialite section of the Boston Globe I will never forgive her.

lol you're overlooked the small problem that i'm not a celebrity...

well

if u carry on rubbing shoulders with the rich n famous

who knows :twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
well

if u carry on rubbing shoulders with the rich n famous

who knows :twisted:

lol rich and famous?!

Okay rich sure... but famous?! a couple congressmen some senators and a girl from a sleazy television show about teenagers in california does not constutite rubbing shoulders with "the famous"

lol i'm famousish in charleston and boston - does that count?

its totally slipped my mind at the moment

since I only read ASIAN BRIDE magazine

but I'm sure there must be a english US wedding magazine that shoots picures of the most eloborate extravagent weddings as well-of ordinary people

lol that's what security is for.

I don't know what you know of Marthas Vineyard... but the press rarely gets into the city or the private properties... it's just off limits.

I made it clear to her that this is a private wedding - she understands. I'm not my parents, as tradition there will be a Banns which will be posted in the paper - and there probably will be some report in the globe - but no pictures or anything.

private wedding?

how many hundreds of people have u invited?

u know how foto's have an annoying tendency of slipping into the hands of tabloids

Briteny and JLO etc all tried to have "private" weddings too Wink

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
private wedding?

how many hundreds of people have u invited?

u know how foto's have an annoying tendency of slipping into the hands of tabloids

Briteny and JLO etc all tried to have "private" weddings too Wink

lol now over 700.

And people snuck out pictures of Jlo and Britney's weddings because people actually wanted to see them. As engrained in bostonian and charlestonian society as my family may be - I highly doubt people are drooling to see our wedding.

U'd be surpirsed how many people are dying to see snobby dave and his snobby wedding pictures

I'm one of them

so don't be too shocked at deceit and betrayal from some of ur guests :twisted:

lol well it's going to be kinda dark if it's outside at night so the pictures might not work out so well.

Crazy - so far we are going to have 3 official dances, a slow dance, a waltz and a fast dance - probably swing.

Fitting... it's three times the wedding

"yashmaki" wrote:
coz i get nervous around strangers lol. I won;t know anyone there cept the bride. I'll be ok i guess i'm a grown gal.

Yeah i'm thinking some nice earings, don't wana part with them but i doubt i'll wear them..or a ring.

what u gonna wear gal

thats usually the first thing that comes to my mind when i get a wedding invite

I duno i'm not fussed and since you know what... i'd rather keep it on. I'll wear a nice trouser suit just to feel the part, but i'm not gona remove my jilbab or headscarf, too much hassle. Yeah i know i'm a spoilt sport!

I'll wear some make up, and jewellery so my friend ain't ashamed to say she knows me looool.

Its National Marriage Week by the way!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

is it better get you married fast then, i think i know a few decent kashmiri gals!

lol....i dont do kashmiri folks Blum 3

anyone hear about the radio station in Birmingham that hooked two random people up over radio, and the 1st time they met was on the wedding day

theyve jus got married, and the radio show has provided them with a honeymoon to Bermuda, a house to live in for a year, and a car

and you know when they say...'if anyone knows why these two shouldnt be married, speak now or forever hold your silence' .... they stopped a priest from entering coz he was against the marriage, deeming it immoral

and the last time a radio station did this, the marriage lasted 3 months....and the bride ran away with the radio show host Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Lol Hayder, do you get [i]all [/i]your news from the Metro?

He Probably Does!! Blum 3

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Beast" wrote:
Lol Hayder, do you get [i]all [/i]your news from the Metro?

Lol its the only paper i enjoy reading :oops:

plus its free and theres nothing else to do on a bus journey to uni or back....and the time it takes me to read the full paper (including skipping boring/irrelevant stuff), is exactly the length of the journey between home and manchester

so yeah, i do - occasiobnally the bbc too Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I always read the news on sky Active never read the newspaper caus I do not have the time!!

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Fresh Prince" wrote:
Lol its the only paper i enjoy reading :oops:

plus its free and theres nothing else to do on a bus journey to uni or back....and the time it takes me to read the full paper (including skipping boring/irrelevant stuff), is exactly the length of the journey between home and manchester

There's a word for you kinda people:

[b]metrocentric[/b] - a world view formed by limiting one's contact with current affairs to free newspapers

[url= 2003 dictionary[/url]

and you forgot to mention, it was "(Suggested by reader Paul Torpey)"

:roll:

[i]You [/i]people?! :o

and accordin to that same link, you are a poxy moron Smile Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,