Weddings!

739 posts / 0 new
Last post

You got me. Wink

[size=7]Except the zits and shop assistant bit. I haven't gotten that far up the career-ladder yet. [/size]

[b]the first pic looks amazing of the stage :)[/b]

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

"Alisha" wrote:
[b]the first pic looks amazing of the stage :)[/b]

Shukren Smile - my wedding isnt going to be so opulent

Very pretty pictures Mashallah. Worthy of being printed in Asian Bride magazine.

Personally, I'd be more than happy getting married in my tiny back garden.

Wow thats beautiful, my cuz had somethin very similar to that....sis is gona go for that type of stage too.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Very pretty pictures Mashallah. Worthy of being printed in Asian Bride magazine.

Personally, I'd be more than happy getting married in my tiny back garden.

I agree with the simple wedding, a marriage is between the man, wife and Allah swt but with Asians seems to involve everyone as well. :roll:

Make sure it’s not a garden in London, you don’t get allot of backyard space in the capital.

we've got a sixty foot garden it should be lawned soon, you're welcome to use ours MS Wink

Most asians live crammed in a 3 bedroomed terraced house. All my guji mates have very modest weddings in their homes. Usually all the men go to one cousins house women go to the brides house. Call me boring but i like it like that. Less hassle for those organising. You get homecooked food, which is always better than those provided by caterers...least that's what i think Wink

"yashmaki" wrote:
we've got a sixty foot garden it should be lawned soon, you're welcome to use ours MS Wink

Sounds like a trap me Lol , does MS have to mow the lawn? :shock:

ahahah, no it won't have grown much it'll be new. Her guests can stamp the turf into place. enough room for a marqee nice spring wedding Smile

Lol-my back garden is tiny. But if I was to keep the kids in the garden, the women in the back room, the men in the front room and my mates in my bedroom…it should be more than enough room for 50-80 people (I hope). :?

It’s true that that’s how Guji’s have their weddings… simplicity is the best.

(*_Khamzat the the hall looks very posh and cool!! Blum 3

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"MuslimSister" wrote:

It’s true that that’s how Guji’s have their weddings… simplicity is the best.

That's true. Smile

I still have fond memories of the smaller type weddings compare to the large bollywood themed ones. To be honest my brother didn’t want to make a fuss about his wedding but was “people in the background” pushing him to have a lavish wedding.

"Mez" wrote:
(*_Khamzat the the hall looks very posh and cool!!

Posh........ lol. I’d prefer to say it looks regal, nah images can be deceiving- the wedding main cost was the hall

Ripon and Shumi cannot be accused of lack of extravagance.

both my eldest siblings had lavish weddings. They were pushed into it, but had they made a big enough fuss it would have been downgraded with a lot of attitude, but even so they would have got their way right?

My sisters wedding bills cost ten years to pay off. I remember when my big brothers wedding came around they were still paying my sisters bills. So i don't feel sorry for these kids, or parents. Speak up or pay up for the rest of your life Dirol

Live within your means, if you can afford a big bash that's great. if you can't then ditch the airs and graces of a princess, and be content with a small function.

That’s true...I’m sure if kids kicked up a big enough fuss they could easily get their parents to NOT fork out thousands and thousands of pounds over unnecessary expenditure.

Maybe the kids can diplomatically suggest that such money would be much better used for a deposit in a new flat, a car or furniture or whatever.

It’s not about affording it or not…the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said that there are blessings in small, simple weddings. Marriage is hard work as it is…wouldn’t one want to start their marriage with as many blessings as they can get?

my ideal wedding wud be similar to the pic posted above Dirol

but the lighting would be WAY better

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
my ideal wedding wud be similar to the pic posted above Dirol

but the lighting would be WAY better

Then marry a pious Bengali brother!

Wink

"(*_Khamzat" wrote:

Then marry a pious Bengali brother!

Wink

why?

are the big on good lighting/spotlights etc in weddings?

btw pious ppl wouldnt be so OTT (I heard)

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

why?

are the big on good lighting/spotlights etc in weddings?

btw pious ppl wouldnt be so OTT (I heard)

When one’s a doctor and his wife to be is a producer for BBC Cambridge, and the only daughter, it’s only natural a big fuss is brewed.

And Yes- Bengalis are very big on weddings. The ones that can afford it.

But not me.

Paki's are the same (guji's are the tight ones :twisted: )

a successful or beloved son/daugher is not usually even a reason to splash out

parents push flashy weddings for show-and daughters just usually wish to be a princess for the day Dirol

"*DUST*" wrote:
Shazan did u guys have to hire someone seperately to do up the stage?

Yes- would you like to name of the staging company? They also provided the catering.

P.S I edited your quote and used a capital "S" for Shazan Smile

"(*_Khamzat" wrote:
Yes- would you like to name of the staging company? They also provided the catering.

go on then. do they have a website by any chance?

"(*_Khamzat" wrote:
P.S I edited your quote and used a capital "S" for Shazan Smile

lol oops, sorry [i][b][size=15]S[/size][/b][/i]hazan. Blum 3

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
do they have a website by any chance?

No website, only a telephone number, unless you want me to paste a random Wedding staging websites from the Muslim Directory?

lol, my name is Khamzat not Shazan

"(*_Khamzat" wrote:
No website, only a telephone number, unless you want me to paste a random Wedding staging websites from the Muslim Directory?

lol no no, i was just referring to the people who did the stage at your bros wedding, a name and phone no. should suffice.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Bengalis always go ott with weddings whether they can afford it or not. money is no objection to them as long as loans are available they seem to think they're loaded, til the bills start catching up :roll:

Pakistanis are the same from what i've seen.

You get exceptions but these two groups of ppl seem too extravagant for their own good.

Ott weddings but they can barely pay the rent on their 3 bedroom homes one word comes to mind...won't say it though

"*DUST*" wrote:

lol no no, i was just referring to the people who did the stage at your bros wedding, a name and phone no. should suffice.

I’ve delegated the question to my mother she’s we find out soon Insha’Allah and then I’ll pass it on to you, if I remember correctly, the staging company have a catalogue- you could ask for a copy, when I give you the number

"yashmaki" wrote:
Bengalis always go ott with weddings whether they can afford it or not. money is no objection to them as long as loans are available they seem to think they're loaded, til the bills start catching up :roll:

Definitely Muslim need to sort out their priorities. And taking out a loan (a riba based loan) could even make the marriage invalid from what my uncle told me. [b]clarification anyone? [/b]

True- the reasons why some South Asian Muslim like opting for a lavish wedding are because of bollywood in my opinion. My eldest brother and middle sister had a modest wedding

salaam nothing wrong with big

i want a big wedding, i want a big house too, i also want a big family lol
i like big things lol wink

lol i've resigned to my great big wedding now. The price tag is absurd but it's her biggest big day and it really is making her happy.

But she's surprised visited me so my attention is needed elsewhere

Adios!

Pages