Weddings!

739 posts / 0 new
Last post

i get the first seats :twisted: haha

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"*Sponi*" wrote:
[b][color=violet]lol, another annoying thing aboutweedingsssss i hate is whne you just sit down to eat and the next thing you no the camera man is in your face!!! now that really does peev me of!!![/color][/b]

[color=violet][/color]i cant stand weddings myself especially if they are strangers and u jus stand there wen u dont kno no1 its soooo annoying Sad

the only the only nisha not Nasha

Nisha, the trick is to go up to someone you don't know with your hand outstretched and say "Nisha". And then they will say "Aisha" or whatever their name is and if you don't like them smile and think of a distraction and try it on someone else until you find someone to enjoy the day with. They might say "sorry?" and you can say "Nisha, it's my name, I'm introducing myself" and get stuff back on track. Good conversation might begin "are you a friend of Shaz?" (the bride, or the groom) or "I've never been here before, it's a great place for a wedding" or even "I don't really know people here, can you introduce me to some people?" which is great for them if they don't like you. If anyone is rude consider them rude and politely make conversation elsewhere.

Shame you can't drink alcohol.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

I hate weddings!!!! But I have to agree that the brides in the mags look awesome.....It makes you want to buy the outfits!!! (Yeh I love shopping!)

"Happy are those who find fault with themselves instead of finding fault with others"

"saffy786" wrote:
I hate weddings!!!! But I have to agree that the brides in the mags look awesome.....It makes you want to buy the outfits!!! (Yeh I love shopping!)

at my wedding ...........couple of years ago, I had a GORGEOUS LENGA,,,,,and I've never worn it again. Me wanna wear it at my brother's wedding(inshallah), but by the time we get to it,that lenga may not even be IN anymore!! ((I know. I'll just buy another one! Wink ))

live and let live!!!!!!!

Sis nothing goes out of fashion! Trus me, nowadays all the old stuff from years back is coming into fashion. Also it depends how you wear it. It all depends on you to make the dress look good. I'm sure you will look stunning in it even if it is a few years old!!! Wink

"Happy are those who find fault with themselves instead of finding fault with others"

"The Great 100" wrote:
Nisha, the trick is to go up to someone you don't know with your hand outstretched and say "Nisha". And then they will say "Aisha" or whatever their name is and if you don't like them smile and think of a distraction and try it on someone else until you find someone to enjoy the day with. They might say "sorry?" and you can say "Nisha, it's my name, I'm introducing myself" and get stuff back on track. Good conversation might begin "are you a friend of Shaz?" (the bride, or the groom) or "I've never been here before, it's a great place for a wedding" or even "I don't really know people here, can you introduce me to some people?" which is great for them if they don't like you. If anyone is rude consider them rude and politely make conversation elsewhere.

Shame you can't drink alcohol.

[color=violet]well thanx 4 the advice Smile [/color]

the only the only nisha not Nasha

MS/lilsis how did your uncles wedding go?

All you peeps who say you dont like weddings should turn up to some strangers wedding and see what you can get away with.

Then we'll see if you still hate weddings.

Back in BLACK

"Angel" wrote:
MS/lilsis how did your uncles wedding go?

Yeh, it was good...the bride never covered her head, yes very scandelous (this is becoming the norm nowadays)... I made three trips to the bathroom cos I felt my sari unravel Biggrin it was an intresting mix of Asian and Arab culture...my dad had a kick off with the MPAC boys.... we had to hire some cars cos we were short and didnt want to come to the wedding hall as we usually travel - packed liked sardines, (we have way too many kids in my family).

It wasnt a typical wedding...but it we had fun.

i like weddings in pakistan better, way more adventerous! espacially the bit were the bride sits in that mini hut thing and the guys pick it up! my ideal transport!

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

i luv weddings dere sik

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

but the boring bit is where they all start crying. and when they eat for hours

yeh but wen it comes to boys we go out and have a laugh

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

yeah, and it's not fair that i can't go out and do that! everytime i even walk 2 milimetres out of the room, all these people gather around me asking where i'm going! and then they don't let me go!

yeah i know lol its funny u just get croweded around and ur like wtf i am i suppose to do lol they dont even let u go toilet

cousin of mine is getting married to an convert this sunday

the east meets west wedding this weekend should be intresting

although i am NOT looking forward to the five hour road trip there and back this sunday

:evil:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
cousin of mine is getting married to an convert this sunday

the east meets west wedding this weekend should be intresting

salam MSLS, i would VERY much appreciate ur feedback on this, and also a few pointers about what u think would improve it etc.

JZK

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I went to a wedding last week and it was the first wedding that didn't have a barrier in between the men and women

a barrier does stop them eyeing up the opposite sex when they're sitting down.

Also if anyone is thinking of having live singing (nasheeds) then don't coz it sounds so much better if you just play a cd on in the background on low volume.

its 1st tym im involved in wedding preperations, so bloody different to just attending sum1s wedding, eating, and going home!!

shopping - you lose count of how many trips, sometimes its like 10 for one item/clothing etc

so much to sort out. So little time. Its very close now, really cant wait

Need help

any1 know gud places to hire car from? (5-Series/M3/Merc/Audi - that type, no limo's)

and any1 know any gud music for weddings? Nothing on-top, jus a blend of calm, happy, chilled, fun music

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Did somebody mentions weddings?

I haven't been to a wedding for.. ooh let me think... a decade. :oops:

What am I missing out on?

"Noor" wrote:
hayder u getin married Wink

Lol. No....not yet!

Thanks 100man, i'll check them out...i have an AsianLife mag next to me with loads more, gonna run thru em all.

I havnt been to a wedding in ages either, i stopped attending....even close family friends and neighbours one last week....couldnt be bothered!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Went to a wedding about 3 weeks ago i thik in rochdale.
Normally the seating and eating area for men and women is separate but at this wedding it was shared. I personally thik it is better to have it shared coz that way you can sit with your fam. The atmosphere was really friendly and relaxed. Plus they had entertainment for the little kids so they dont get bored and pester their mums.
erm the music was crap like per usual some really cheesy bollywood songs.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Sirus" wrote:

any1 know gud places to hire car from? (5-Series/M3/Merc/Audi - that type, no limo's)

My cousins have actually set up their own car hire business and rent out cars for just £99 a day. Cars include Range Rovers, BMW M3's, S-class Mercs amongst other top of the range cars. So just pm if you need details.

"Naz" wrote:
I personally thik it is better to have it shared coz that way you can sit with your fam.

I disagree.

The boys can sit with their dads and the girls can sit with their mums. At a wedding everyone is looking their best and you know what's likely to happen.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:
I personally thik it is better to have it shared coz that way you can sit with your fam.

I disagree.

The boys can sit with their dads and the girls can sit with their mums. At a wedding everyone is looking their best and you know what's likely to happen.

no i have to disagree with your point. Your gonna be related to one another so theres no chance ppl are gonna be eyein each other up for fear of being grassed on Lol

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

got a wedding to attend 2moro

im dreading it

its all the way in Bolton

and its a crappy weather

my loverly suit is gonna get so creased up and trampy by the time we get there Cray 2

Hope you enjoy the wedding.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

Pages