Horseriding!

120 posts / 0 new
Last post

i think its loyds,by the way horses are beautiful dat one

My forefathers were Horse - riders, they had to save the world on their horse, but in this day and age, i can only do my forefathers works (i.e. save the world etc) in My Bat-Car, AKA Bat-Mobil

Im too busy saving the world to be concerned with horse or entertainment etc. No rest for the wicked, saving the world is like having 2 full time jobs.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

cant imagine looks amazing....in my dreams ..

aasiyah what breed of horse you've ridden on then ?

What kind is that?

looks like a thoroughbred

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
yep, no women at all not even lil girls.

I'm placing my money on "in spite of"

yeh 'course! Biggrin

Med there's a first time for everything... dont worry i'll come in an Afghani Burqa. :twisted:

well good luck. Just expect to get comments from virtually every man there- even in a burqa.

But good idea. You should don the afghan burqa in UK, start the counterinvasion. hehehe

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Don Karnage" wrote:
What kind is that?

looks like a thoroughbred

black arabian horse

lol that's a slow counterinvasion.

Hey Med do you ride?

Anybody else here play polo btw?

It's a Persian sport apparently

I dont ride. Cant afford riding in UK, but in pakistan I have ridden. Not too well and not for a long but yeh.

InshaALLAH one day I will do it properly. In UK have to follow regulation. My uncle is a wkd horserider, he doesnt even need a saddle. Wen was lil saw him riding a horse just like that, had a rein. Looked wicked.

polo they play in a place called gilgit and chitral in pakistan. They are parts of princley state of kashmir.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
I dont ride. Cant afford riding in UK, but in pakistan I have ridden. Not too well and not for a long but yeh.

InshaALLAH one day I will do it properly. In UK have to follow regulation. My uncle is a wkd horserider, he doesnt even need a saddle. Wen was lil saw him riding a horse just like that, had a rein. Looked wicked.

polo they play in a place called gilgit and chitral in pakistan. They are parts of princley state of kashmir.

Somebody else mentioned it's expensive in the UK - a couple people actually.

What on earth are they charging there?!

It's best to do it when you can commit some time to it though - so waiting isnt a bad idea.

lol wouldn't recommend going without a saddle at first though.

"naj" wrote:

thats a good question - which i never got around to asking my teacher! Sad it was dark brown with a little white diamond-shaped patch on its forehead - adorable. Smile [size=7]i've got a pic of it, but posting tht up wud mean destroying my anonymity...[/size] Sad

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

thats a good question - which i never got around to asking my teacher! Sad it was dark brown with a little white diamond-shaped patch on its forehead - adorable. Smile [size=7]i've got a pic of it, but posting tht up wud mean destroying my anonymity...[/size] Sad

[size=7]stick with anonymity[/size]

[size=7]...not that i wouldn't want to see your horse - its just safer this way[/size]

Sounds like it could be a Morgan though - esp the diamond, my polo horse looks identical (they are the best polo horses imo)

did it look like this:

[img]

"Don Karnage" wrote:

no1 sed its expensive, and i've answered that question 3 times now! Blum 3 it costs, on average, £13 for a private lesson. the max is £25 but thats just a rip-off.

It's best to do it when you can commit some time to it though - so waiting isnt a bad idea.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
lol wouldn't recommend going without a saddle at first though.

oooo, bareback riding! now that sounds like fun! Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Bareback is difficult and very painful to get the hang of - I still prefer a saddle

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Sounds like it could be a Morgan though - esp the diamond, my polo horse looks identical (they are the best polo horses imo)

did it look like this:

hmm, similar, but no not exactly like that.

edit: i googled it and looked at other pics - yeh i think ur right, it mustv been a morgan. Smile i ges it didnt luk too similar to urs coz its mane was nowhere near as big and its diamond was perfectly diamond-shaped, no squidges. Wink

but look wot i found whilst googling:
[img]
awww. Biggrin

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Bareback is difficult and very painful to get the hang of - I still prefer a saddle

lol yeh i can imagine it must be awfully painful... learning to trot on a saddled horse is bad enuf... Lol but its also a challenge!! Biggrin

"*DUST*" wrote:

hmm, similar, but no not exactly like that.

edit: i googled it and looked at other pics - yeh i think ur right, it mustv been a morgan. Smile i ges it didnt luk too similar to urs coz its mane was nowhere near as big and its diamond was perfectly diamond-shaped, no squidges. Wink

but look wot i found whilst googling:
[img]
awww. Biggrin

lol well that's not actually [i]mine[/i] but I figured - Morgans are [i]really[/i] friendly, gentle and responsive to humans - especially children. They are very graceful too and they are smallish (well... mid range) and agile, they are perfect for learning on.

My father put me on his thoroughbred when I first learned how to ride :shock:

That was a damaging experience...

lol that's a really cute picture

"Don Karnage" wrote:
lol well that's not actually [i]mine[/i] but I figured -
lol yea i meant the pic [i]u provided[/i]... Blum 3

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Morgans are [i]really[/i] friendly, gentle and responsive to humans - especially children. They are very graceful too and they are smallish (well... mid range) and agile, they are perfect for learning on.
hmm makes sense.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
My father put me on his thoroughbred when I first learned how to ride :shock:

That was a damaging experience...

ouch :shock:

"*DUST*" wrote:
lol yea i meant the pic [i]u provided[/i]... Blum 3

Oh... right :roll: *smacks forehead*

"*DUST*" wrote:
hmm makes sense.

Yes...

"*DUST*" wrote:
ouch :shock:

Several times yes

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

no1 sed its expensive, and i've answered that question 3 times now! Blum 3 it costs, on average, £13 for a private lesson. the max is £25 but thats just a rip-off.

the rates have changed since i last rode!! :shock: u were right, it is expensive here! Sad i am paying £27 per private (half hour) lesson, and thats 'cheap' considering other places are charging £32!! :shock:

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol yeh i can imagine it must be awfully painful... learning to trot on a saddled horse is bad enuf... Lol but its also a challenge!! Biggrin

question: u have any tips on trotting with your hands free i.e without holding on to anything? with one hand free i can get into the rhythm of the trot really easily, but when it comes to both hands i feel like i'm about to fall off. :?

[deleted by admin]

reason - from now please use proper handle. do not twist. Lets hope you understand.

"Omrow" wrote:
[deleted by admin]

reason - from now please use proper handle. do not twist. Lets hope you understand.

i was expecting some dum.b comment from omro when i wrote that last post. :roll:

"*DUST*" wrote:
the rates have changed since i last rode!! :shock: u were right, it is expensive here! Sad i am paying £27 per private (half hour) lesson, and thats 'cheap' considering other places are charging £32!! :shock:

That's highway robbery! I bet they override the horses too.

"*DUST*" wrote:
question: u have any tips on trotting with your hands free i.e without holding on to anything? with one hand free i can get into the rhythm of the trot really easily, but when it comes to both hands i feel like i'm about to fall off. :?

It just comes naturally as your balance improves - watch that you don't overcompensate and dig your heels into the horse though because they hate it.

I think the only real trick I practiced was for polo when you practice swinging - they used to have us stand on really small boxes then try to stay on while we practiced - difficult! But it really helped me keep my balance during matches.

Except for that one time...

Sorry for fishing this thread out but I need to ask a few questions.

Aasiyah you have horseriding lessons innit? How much should I expect to pay per hour?

I spoke to a lady on a horse a few days back and she goes that I can get lessons in our ends for 15 pound an hour but apparently that place aint very good and she goes I can have proper good lessons for 25 pound an hour. Does that seem right price?

My parents want me to go to her house on a horse so gotta get some riding lessons - dont want the dulha raja to fall off the horse on his way to his bride, do we now Wink .

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

it dont take a genius to ride a horse :roll:

u looking to gallop to her house?

anyone can ride a horse-its easier then riding a bike

I'm always riding horses whenever I visit pakiland in clifton beach-ask ur wifey to be where that is

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I'm always riding horses whenever I visit pakiland in clifton beach-ask ur wifey to be where that is

well done at riding a horse without being a genius. :twisted:

I already know clifton and other places in karachi but thanks for the suggestion.

We havent spoken to each other.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

lol anybody can learn to ride a horse, but you do have to learn - thus the reason he's asking for lessons.

Haven't gone riding in a while myself... just don't seem to have the time anymore.

aye, u prob gona need lessons....after all, you have to come riding in like a knight ready to rescue a damsel in distress

but horses and stuff?

now where were those hundreds of posts regarding weddings as simple events, with nothing fancy, not too many people, low key, a day of sadness for the wife....are you still planning on making her cry on the day? :twisted:

its funny how people say something, and when they actually experience it, they say something else :roll:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Med" wrote:
Sorry for fishing this thread out but I need to ask a few questions.

Aasiyah you have horseriding lessons innit? How much should I expect to pay per hour?

I spoke to a lady on a horse a few days back and she goes that I can get lessons in our ends for 15 pound an hour but apparently that place aint very good and she goes I can have proper good lessons for 25 pound an hour. Does that seem right price?

My parents want me to go to her house on a horse so gotta get some riding lessons - dont want the dulha raja to fall off the horse on his way to his bride, do we now Wink .

lol. Med those prices sound about right - the £15 lesson is probably a group lesson, so it wont just be you and the riding instructor, but one or two other students as well, and it's an hour long. the £25 lesson sounds like a private lesson (just you and the instructor) but it can't be an hour long - private lessons usually last for half an hour.

Pages