Horseriding!

"*DUST*" wrote:

and MuslimSis hows it comin along? Wink hav u gotten around to visiting that stable? Smile

Lol-No not yet...been a bit busy and I'm STILL trying to get someone to come with me....but no ones intrested.

Do you go on your own?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

and MuslimSis hows it comin along? Wink hav u gotten around to visiting that stable? Smile

Lol-No not yet...been a bit busy and I'm STILL trying to get someone to come with me....but no ones intrested.

Do you go on your own?

well i havent yet started in a stable here (in England) Sad but yeh i'd go on my own for lessons (when i was on holiday). oh actually my bros and i would have our lessons one after another so we'd go together and mess about till it it was our turn. Smile

isnt ur lilsis interested? Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

Lol-No way. She isn't an active girl at all. She spent five years in high school getting me to forge notes for her so that she could get out of PE.

But when I get a bit more free time I will DEF go and check it out..

Does it start with "trotting" and then do you move onto riding the horse?

"*DUST*" wrote:
(guys are too scared!:lol:)

!@??!@

I've got 3 horses!!!

What the hell! I've been riding since I was walking!

I've broken my leg, an ankle and sprained my arm - but no fear here!

Guys are too scared - gimme a break..

And where did this "forum girls are into it" come from - as far as I know you're the [i]only[/i] girl that ever indicated an interest in equestrian sports - and that's just one word in your profile!

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

Lol-No way. She isn't an active girl at all. She spent five years in high school getting me to forge notes for her so that she could get out of PE.

aww thats a pity re: lilsis. [size=7]u shud drag her along to atleast watch ur lesson tho...[/size] Wink

yeh there are four paces at which one can ride a horse: walk, trot, canter and gallop.

the first is really straightforward, its easy to keep ur balance, ul learn it fairly quickly. trot is more complicated, it took me two lessons to get used to it. canter is not as bad as the trot, but still takes atleast one lesson to get used to. by the time u get to the gallop u should be used to keeping ur balance, and its really fun! Biggrin

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

lol i've never actually taken lessons since my father showed me how to ride but it starts out just getting to know the horse - horses are creatures and creatures can be tempermental.

Take me for example - i'm a creature and i'm often tempermental. I don't think anybody here would want to ride me when i'm angry.

...okay that just sounds wrong

bad example.

Anyway you would have to know some of the basic controlling mechanisms of the horse and what they do to the horse (that way you don't hurt it when you are riding).

Then I imagine they put you on it and just have you walk around - a normal 4 beat walk as you get a little more comfortable over time you they wlil probably let you increase that to a trot and then a light canter.

The hardest thing when you start is keeping your back straight - no SLOUCHING!

Otherwise you will destroy your spine

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
(guys are too scared!:lol:)

!@??!@

I've got 3 horses!!!

What the hell! I've been riding since I was walking!

I've broken my leg, an ankle and sprained my arm - but no fear here!

Guys are too scared - gimme a break..

And where did this "forum girls are into it" come from - as far as I know you're the [i]only[/i] girl that ever indicated an interest in equestrian sports - and that's just one word in your profile!

lol. yeh i know, uv mentioned playing polo, so i thought of adding 'with the exception of Dave' in the brackets, but left it - knew u were sure to post if i took the mick. Blum 3

u havent seen the entertainment thread i linked - yashmaki has always been interested in it, and hopes to learn soon, and looks like MuslimSis is gonna start too! Biggrin

"*DUST*" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

aww thats a pity re: lilsis. [size=7]u shud drag her along to atleast watch ur lesson tho...[/size] Wink

yeh there are four paces at which one can ride a horse: walk, trot, canter and gallop.

the first is really straightforward, its easy to keep ur balance, ul learn it fairly quickly. trot is more complicated, it took me two lessons to get used to it. canter is not as bad as the trot, but still takes atleast one lesson to get used to. by the time u get to the gallop u should be used to keeping ur balance, and its really fun! Biggrin

hehhhehhe then ask do to some show jumping

"*DUST*" wrote:
lol. yeh i know, uv mentioned playing polo, so i thought of adding 'with the exception of Dave' in the brackets, but left it - knew u were sure to post if i took the mick. Blum 3

So basically this was a trap...

FORTUNATELY I KNEW IT ALL ALONG AND YOU FELL INTO MY PLOY.

Making me the forum genius - still.

lol mentioned playing polo?! I'm obsessed with it. I tried to start a team together in High School but basically got laughed out of Student Council for suggesting they buy us horses. So all I was left with was a name and no team - had to get some friends together that owned horses and create one. We had the strangest looking team - a thoroughbred, a morgan, and what basically amounted to a mustang, the other players weren't all that good so I joined a local military academy's team.

That embarassing situation earned me the irritating nickname "Andoverpolo" all through high school - and thus my email, aim, and occasional screenname.

"*DUST*" wrote:
u havent seen the entertainment thread i linked - yashmaki has always been interested in it, and hopes to learn soon, and looks like MuslimSis is gonna start too! Biggrin

There is an entertainment thread?!

And I think you're the most active girl on the forum - you keep making these strange asides to interesting experiences for me to exploit.

Now I can tell forumites youre a cowgirl ninja!

hehhhehhhehhehhehhehe

"Don Karnage" wrote:
hehhhehhe then ask do to some show jumping
lol. wel i got to the cavaletti Smile before i had to leave... Sad

"Don Karnage" wrote:
There is an entertainment thread?!
yea, u stil havent clicked on the link have u?! ...

"Don Karnage" wrote:
And I think you're the most active girl on the forum - you keep making these strange asides to interesting experiences for me to exploit.

Now I can tell forumites youre a cowgirl ninja!

hehhhehhhehhehhehhehe

:roll: ...coz if u had ud know that yashmaki has also done some really cool stuff, and we're equally adventurous. Biggrin

"*DUST*" wrote:
how long did you say you were doing this?

"*DUST*" wrote:

Mr. Hamilton has no official comment at this time.

"*DUST*" wrote:
:roll: ...coz if u had ud know that yashmaki has also done some really cool stuff, and we're equally adventurous. Biggrin

Mr. Hamilton does not have any further comment at this time.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
how long did you say you were doing this?

a month. Sad

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

Mr. Hamilton has no official comment at this time.

"*DUST*" wrote:

Mr. Hamilton does not have any further comment at this time.

:roll:

"*DUST*" wrote:

a month. Sad

I suppose that's quick but not inhumanly fast - for some reason I thought you said 2 days before :shock:

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

a month. Sad

I suppose that's quick but not inhumanly fast - for some reason I thought you said 2 days before :shock:

gosh no r u kidding me. who goes on holiday for 2 days? Fool

"*DUST*" wrote:

...me :?

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

lol. wel i suppose thats ok if its a visit to another state in the US but i meant going abroad to another country. i guess the shortest hol i've had was 4 days in Cairo.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

lol. wel i suppose thats ok if its a visit to another state in the US but i meant going abroad to another country. i guess the shortest hol i've had was 4 days in Cairo.

Oh... right.

Well traveling is a different story.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

well i did.... Smile

nothing wrong with that.

Oh Dave 4got to ask; how was NY?
U said you may go around xmas time?

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

well i did.... Smile

nothing wrong with that.

yeh course nothing wrong with it, its hectic yet fun, but only thing is u dont get to explore the place fully.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

well i did.... Smile

nothing wrong with that.

yeh course nothing wrong with it, its hectic yet fun, but only thing is u dont get to explore the place fully.

True... but im too busy to go on a real holiday for weeks on end.... hav other responsibilities you know. :roll:

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

well i did.... Smile

nothing wrong with that.

Splendid! But very cold - I spent the better part of my vacation there - got to see a couple broadway shows, got engaged, basically did all the stuff I love about NYC.

I don't understand why my family left it...

hahaha they wouldn't let me into the Hamilton club!

"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol, u shud hav pretended to be the great grandson of the founder of the club. [b]And shouted
DAMN IT I OWN THIS STUPID CLUB.... U BETTER LET ME IN OR I'LL FIRE YOUR ASS! :evil: [/b]
At which point they may call the police or crumble and let you in. Its a 50/50% chance... i like those odds.

Did you get to go shopping? Macys? Or Bloomingdales? Ice skating at Rockafellas (i think thats what its called)

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol, u shud hav pretended to be the great grandson of the founder of the club. [b]And shouted
DAMN IT I OWN THIS STUPID CLUB.... U BETTER LET ME IN OR I'LL FIRE YOUR ASS! :evil: [/b]
At which point they may call the police or crumble and let you in. Its a 50/50% chance... i like those odds.

lol I more or less am. They named it after Alexander Hamilton and i'm his only direct descendant of this generation.

So I figured i'd get an exception!

Snobs.

"Seraphim" wrote:
Did you get to go shopping? Macys? Or Bloomingdales? Ice skating at Rockafellas (i think thats what its called)

Not a big shopping person but I did get a coulpe new suits - I don't have the patience for that anymore, I can't hold still that long.

Annette went shopping CRAZY - she insisted she needed a whole new wardrobe because she didn't have anything that matched her engagement ring.

...am I missing something here or do people generally not notice rings?

lol skating in central park - the rockefeller center is where I proposed, they have a gigantic christmas tree.

"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol skating in central park - the rockefeller center is where I proposed, they have a gigantic christmas tree.

cool....
[size=6]
did she say yes?
[/size]

Did u get down on one knee?

Was everyone staring at you?

Did u go for a cheese burger afters?

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

cool....
[size=6]
did she say yes?
[/size]

[size=7]yes[/size]

Yes I did

Yes they were (and they clapped and cheered - it's a nyc tradition)

lol and lets not talk about after

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

cool....
[size=6]
did she say yes?
[/size]

:shock: where hav u been seraph?! we've been discussing that^ on the Wedding and No topic threads for ages!

"*DUST*" wrote:

:shock: where hav u been seraph?! we've been discussing that^ on the Wedding and No topic threads for ages!

I generally dont pay much attention to the no topic thread.... :? wich in this case was my mistake.

Dave: Good on you mate! Throw a wallabe on the barby!

Back in BLACK

"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol I more or less am. They named it after Alexander Hamilton and i'm his only direct descendant of this generation.

So I figured i'd get an exception!

Snobs.

Alexander Hamilton. Way to go Dave!

Greatest president the US never had?

Perhaps they would prefer Horseriding Dave?

But riding in on a tiger... now that would be impressive.

Back in BLACK

Pages