Horseriding!

120 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
question: u have any tips on trotting with your hands free i.e without holding on to anything? with one hand free i can get into the rhythm of the trot really easily, but when it comes to both hands i feel like i'm about to fall off. :?

It just comes naturally as your balance improves - watch that you don't overcompensate and dig your heels into the horse though because they hate it.

you were right! i can ride standing up now. Smile

in my last lesson my riding instructor gave me the whip, she was teaching me how to maintain control over the horse and make sure it knows you're in charge (otherwise it can (literally) take you for a ride, lol). but i felt so bad using the whip, i've never liked the way people hit animals with whips and i was hoping i would never have to use one but the whole lesson was about where to hit the horse, when to hit it, etc. :? Sad

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Sirus" wrote:

now where were those hundreds of posts regarding weddings as simple events, with nothing fancy, not too many people, low key, a day of sadness for the wife....are you still planning on making her cry on the day? :twisted:

its funny how people say something, and when they actually experience it, they say something else :roll:

My brother - criticise the new approach not the old because the old one was correct and more in line with sunnah. Infact in a hadeeth Sayyidina Rasulullahi salallahu alayhi wa sallam stated to the effect that that nikah which is done in the simplest manner has the most barakah.

Alhamdulillah - even then my marriage is quite simple. I've point blank refused mehndi, and dholki and mangni etc. I've forbidden my in-laws from gifting me watches and salami and whatever else.
And I've told the family it has to be segregated, that she has to have her face concealed etc.

Actually - I still think simplest nikah is the best as per Prophetic teaching - and alhamdulillah I am going for as simple as I can manage. I say my piece and fulfill my duty - I have not been made responsible for the actions of others - ask your ulama abt it bruv they'll tell u the same thing- i hope :twisted:

And its none of your business what my wife-2-b is like :evil: . But I have to admit - how can she be expected to be sad when she's marrying Med. What can I say - Im THE man. Dirol

"*DUST*" wrote:

lol. Med those prices sound about right - the £15 lesson is probably a group lesson, so it wont just be you and the riding instructor, but one or two other students as well, and it's an hour long. the £25 lesson sounds like a private lesson (just you and the instructor) but it can't be an hour long - private lessons usually last for half an hour.

JazakALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
And I've told the family it has to be segregated, that she has to have her face concealed etc.
it's one or the other - the whole point of having it segregated is so that the bride and other girls can de-hijaab.

"Med" wrote:
JazakALLAH.
baarakallahu feek.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Not really. When moving around from one part of the house to another she will be veiled. Plus even though it'll be segregated some man always wanders into the ladies section :roll: .

My family are ok with it. Tbh they just happy that Im getting married and the way I did it has made them over the moon so they trying to keep me as sweet as possible. Biggrin

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Not really. When moving around from one part of the house to another she will be veiled. Plus even though it'll be segregated some man always wanders into the ladies section :roll: .
yeh i know, stupid nosy men. :roll: well keep a guard at the door, problem solved.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
question: u have any tips on trotting with your hands free i.e without holding on to anything? with one hand free i can get into the rhythm of the trot really easily, but when it comes to both hands i feel like i'm about to fall off. :?

It just comes naturally as your balance improves - watch that you don't overcompensate and dig your heels into the horse though because they hate it.

you were right! i can ride standing up now. Smile

in my last lesson my riding instructor gave me the whip, she was teaching me how to maintain control over the horse and make sure it knows you're in charge (otherwise it can (literally) take you for a ride, lol). but i felt so bad using the whip, i've never liked the way people hit animals with whips and i was hoping i would never have to use one but the whole lesson was about where to hit the horse, when to hit it, etc. :? Sad

Well whips are useful when you are riding horses that don't know you very well or you are just breaking them in (or if they are moody/irrascible like my thoro), but they aren't always a necessity and honestly they don't hurt the horse (so long as you know where to hit them). It's no big deal and you'll probably not rely on it too much. About the only time I use a whip is with my thoroughbred which who is a pretty damned evil creature - totally uncontrollable, or one of my morgans for polo games since you are constantly changing directions and really need fast responses from the horse. But since I don't play anymore it's not really a big deal there either...

Don't pay it too much attention, they'll love you all the same

"Don Karnage" wrote:
honestly they don't hurt the horse (so long as you know where to hit them).
hmm yeh thats wot my instructor was saying - "they're thick-skinned". before i got the whip i was taught to kick the horse on its side when it's being lazy, now that's gotta be uncomfy for the poor thing. (maybe she saw that my 'kicks' were just feeble taps and so she gave the whip instead). :oops:

"Sirus" wrote:

now where were those hundreds of posts regarding weddings as simple events, with nothing fancy, not too many people, low key, a day of sadness for the wife....are you still planning on making her cry on the day? :twisted:

ur mistaken Siris

nothing is more simpler then talking horse riding lessons just to arrive at wifey to be's home decked up on some horse

who knows-maybe its even the sunnah

:roll: :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

mashaALLAH excellent comment. Horseriding, archery, swimming and wrestling are amongst the sunnah physical activities.

mashaALLAH you have matured LilSis. well done. Blum 3

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
honestly they don't hurt the horse (so long as you know where to hit them).
hmm yeh thats wot my instructor was saying - "they're thick-skinned". before i got the whip i was taught to kick the horse on its side when it's being lazy, now that's gotta be uncomfy for the poor thing. (maybe she saw that my 'kicks' were just feeble taps and so she gave the whip instead). :oops:

lol well they certainly don't like it - that's why it ges their attention. But most people start out with kicks just because new riders (little kids especially) can get a little carried away with whips...

"Med" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

mashaALLAH excellent comment. Horseriding, archery, swimming and wrestling are amongst the sunnah physical activities.

mashaALLAH you have matured LilSis. well done. Blum 3

so taking horse riding lessons just so u can collect wifey to be on some horse on ur wedding day is part of the Prophetic Sunnah?

is this how the Prophet (pbuh) collected Hadrt Khatijah?

Astagfirullah Med-u've gotton worse

Your being silly LilSis.

Actually Sayyidina Rasulullahi salallahu alayhi wa sallam seated Ummul Mu'mineen Safiyyah bint Huyay radhiyallahu anha on the back of His Mubarak Mount.

May ALLAH forgive you Lol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Hey I hear a rumor Muslims aren't allowed to hunt - is that true?

May God forgive u Med for ur double standards

and may He give us ALL the ability to practise what we preach and NOT be hypocritical self-rightous freaks full of double standards

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
May God forgive u Med for ur double standards

and may He give us ALL the ability to practise what we preach and NOT be hypocritical self-rightous freaks full of double standards

ameen. thumma ameen. :oops:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Don Karnage" wrote:

Well Muslims aren't allowed to shoot an animal and eat it.

They are supposed to cut the neck (jagular vein) so the animal dies quickly without any unnecessary pain.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Well Muslims aren't allowed to shoot an animal and eat it.

They are supposed to cut the neck (jagular vein) so the animal dies quickly without any unnecessary pain.

Sounds messy - so there isn't anything about the sport, just about dietary restrictions and such.

Good to know...

"Don Karnage" wrote:

hunting is a vicious inhumane sport that people do for fun

its more then understandable why muslims are forbidden to hunt for sport

we cant kill for no reason

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

hunting is a vicious inhumane sport that people do for fun

its more then understandable why muslims are forbidden to hunt for sport

we cant kill for no reason

Well it's not THAT bad... kind of a father son bonding thing; besides without hunters the world would be taken over by deer (that's a true fact ya know).

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Well it's not THAT bad... kind of a father son bonding thing; besides without hunters the world would be taken over by deer (that's a true fact ya know).

Well a father and son can do other things which are just as fun without killing any animals....like camping in the woods.

We can try and run a breeding programme of lions and tigers....that should sort them deers out who are planning to take over the world Lol

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Well a father and son can do other things which are just as fun without killing any animals....like camping in the woods.

We can try and run a breeding programme of lions and tigers....that should sort them deers out who are planning to take over the world Lol

lol camping is such a middle america thing - can't stand it. I do like tigers though...

"Don Karnage" wrote:
I do like tigers though...

Eating them or playing with them?

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
I do like tigers though...

Eating them or playing with them?

...are those my only two options?

We can hunt for food - Im pretty sure on this.

But I think there are some restrictions.

We can hunt with hunting birds and say the name of ALLAH when releasing the bird and among the conditions is that the bird doesnt eat of the flesh of the hunted animal because then it doesnt become a tool used for US but is rather the bird hunting for itself and we just feeding off the carrion of its prey.

Perhaps others can give more info but we ARE allowed to hunt - but not just for fun.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Med and LilSis please end your petty squabbles, it's getting annoying.

hunting for food is allowed as far as i know. my dad's been hunting in the states, with some of his friends. the veal he brought back was delicious, but very chewy.

"*DUST*" wrote:

hunting for food is allowed as far as i know. my dad's been hunting in the states, with some of his friends. the veal he brought back was delicious, but very chewy.

lol a veal hunter eh? Gotta watch out that's some pretty dangerous hunting...

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

lol a veal hunter eh? Gotta watch out that's some pretty dangerous hunting...

yeh i guess. especially considering they can't shoot it dead (has to be slaughtered islamically). i dunno how exactly they go about it, should ask my dad some time.

"*DUST*" wrote:

Ji Ustada. Blum 3

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages