MICS MONTHLY CAMP

157 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Hayder on Holiday" wrote:
So are you both coming again? Smile

yeh I am Insha'Allah

"Hayder" wrote:
Muslim_K -- wat did u make of my brothers Tala al Badru/ Qaseedah/ As subhu bada?

was that your brother...thats really good Masha'Allah - got a nice voice

aye it was

Kool....get more people to come as well next tym, tell em how good it was Biggrin

oh yeahhhhhhhh.....why did all the girls eat the Cadbury Mini Rolls....i took a few wen no1 was lookin...and thawt i would save some for the girls....went next mornin to the kitchen....all gone....wont be so nice next time on my midnight kitchen raid :evil:

and why do girls insist on no meat in the food? :evil:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

would you like.....

NOODLES? Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

aye it was

Kool....get more people to come as well next tym, tell em how good it was Biggrin

yeh Insha'Allah got a few more sisters that are interested ta come next time

"Hayder" wrote:
oh yeahhhhhhhh.....why did all the girls eat the Cadbury Mini Rolls....i took a few wen no1 was lookin...and thawt i would save some for the girls....went next mornin to the kitchen....all gone....wont be so nice next time on my midnight kitchen raid :evil:

lol i dint get 1 but i saw my sis with a mini roll... :roll: lovely aunty insisted that we take them so no can do Lol and btw it was the brothers who ate all the chocolate....i dint even realise we had any until u took it :!: and just 4 the record no sisters had coke so that was purely a revenge tactic from the brothers :evil:

"Hayder" wrote:
and why do girls insist on no meat in the food? :evil:

we dont insist it...just dint feel like having meat again so daal came in mind but i ended up having the lamb n veg anyway Lol

those who attended the 1st session did u guys hand in the revelation essay?

and does any1 have a list of all the books we were recommended ta read or buy? i dint get all of them down on paper - was kinda slow with the notes :oops:

should have mentioned in the feedback session 2 send them through email

Well people I guess I can say thanks for making it a great camp, especially Hayer's little bro's documentary on Real Sufi's a la Steve Irwin...it was hilarious.

Also everyone was cool. The atmosphere was pretty.

Just for you Irfan:

"That which Allah said to the rose,
and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty.
He said to my heart,
and made it a hundred times more beautiful."

[i]Mawlana Rumi.[/i]

Thanks Biggrin Dirol Lol

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
those who attended the 1st session did u guys hand in the revelation essay?

and does any1 have a list of all the books we were recommended ta read or buy? i dint get all of them down on paper - was kinda slow with the notes :oops:

should have mentioned in the feedback session 2 send them through email

only me and my youngest brother handed in the essay as far as i know. i heard that it can be emailed to Shaykh Saab, and thats what most people are gonna do.

the books u need are:

Ayyuhal Walad - Dear Beloved Son(Imam Gizali)
Instruction of a student - Imam Zarnuji

besides them that you defo need, i think the rest are optional. (when i say the rest, im reffering to the thousands of books for Arabic class!!)

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

the books u need are:

Ayyuhal Walad - Dear Beloved Son(Imam Gizali)
Instruction of a student - Imam Zarnuji

got 'Dear Beloved Son' from the camp but still need 'Instruction of a student' heard its outta print even though some have got it :?

"Hayder" wrote:
besides them that you defo need, i think the rest are optional. (when i say the rest, im reffering to the thousands of books for Arabic class!!)

yeh there were loads for Arabic - this is the only topic im gona need more enthusiasm with :!:

the Intrsuctions of a student isnt available from UK or Europe....out of print, and i have seen it on amazon.....but comin from US. you can either do that, or next month - they are supposed to be gettin some from the US for us.

last months arabic class was fun Biggrin ...this 1 is slightly dry.....but its a hard one to teach and make fun

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Oh yeh remember now Shaykh said if they have them in US they will order them

true it is hard making learning a language fun...iv always hated language at gcse n all but Insha'Allah it'l be orite :!:

I remember buying mine from Green street only last year. I recommended it to my friend too and she brought it only a few months ago...

Irfan...I saw that book in Coventry road few months ago. Rolex book shop I think.

If anyone wants me to buy that book and post it to them then let me know. Just PM me your address. (If its still in the shops).

That really is a fantastic book and a must have for every student of knowledge...and Yes, Shaykh Ramadan Saab recommended it to me too.

I could head down Coventry Road tomorrow and see if they still have it.

Maybe Shabz and Arshad can get them from there instead of the US.

"Beast" wrote:

It should be there hopefully. I hope I got the name of the shop right...its the cheapest and in my opinion best book shop in Coventry road.

They have white carrier bags....and its next or near the Rex centre.

is there a place in Birmingham called CPI or sumfin like that?

a book shop

i think its in there

and MS if you have that book or can get one, i will definiely want it please.

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

It should be there hopefully. I hope I got the name of the shop right...its the cheapest and in my opinion best book shop in Coventry road.

They have white carrier bags....and its next or near the Rex centre.

Oh that one!

That's the Deobandi-yet-inclusivist one.

It's the one you're thinking of Hayder.

ive tried bookshops in london bham liverpool, sheffield but no luck. still got 2 from from the last order i placed but didnt know who to give the copies to. the sis might start fighting!

i think we also need to buy that arabic book Quranic Arabic by Dr Surty. anyone know where to get this cheap. bookshop i bham selling it for £25 with a CD

is there a place in Birmingham called CPI or sumfin like that?

a book shop

i think its in there

and MS if you have that book or can get one, i will definiely want it please.

My mistake. Yes its that one. They have Shaykh Tahir ul Qadri's books there too.

If Irfan can't get you one let me know...and I'll see if Green Street stil has it.

Irfan what do you mean..."Deobandi-yet-inclusivist"...They have SO many books on Sufism there by the classical scholars. I love that shop. I never leave B'ham without visiting it.

in Bham there is IPCI, knowledge and wisdom, al Hidayyah(wobblers), couple on alam rock road and others. IPCI and knowledge and wisdom havent got any copies.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Irfan what do you mean..."Deobandi-yet-inclusivist"...They have SO many books on Sufism there by the classical scholars. I love that shop. I never leave B'ham without visiting it.

I bought quite a bit of stuff from there once. I was surprised at the range of scholars they stocked.

Then a relative and a friend mentioned that it's owned by Deobandis.

Intresting.

I still think its the best bookshop in Coventry Rd. Most of them there are so over priced and lacking in quality.

The size of the place is impressive enough IMO.

Irfan can you please check that place

and MS....can you please send me one?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

and MS....can you please send me one?

I promise to check out the main bookshops for you. If they have it there I'll get it for you...

I've been putting off going to green street for some time now. I've just been lazy...I need to visit the Idhaara too (which is next to Green street).

Now I have a double excuse to go...

MashAllah the camp woz wikid!!!!!!!! cnt wait til da nxt 1!!!! Biggrin [/b][/color]

'LiFe iS a TeSt...Be SuRe 2 PaSs iT'

i had 2 mini rolls

and 4 puffin chocolates Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

thats coz i shared them with the brothers

i did leave about 4 tho.... :twisted:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

the zikr on 01.01.06 was wikid!!!!!! dat woz truely spiritual!!

that zikr was the best no doubt

and Aunty A sadid she will stock up on more chocolate Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

yeh, the zikr was just reeli gud...we cudnt even hear the fireworks wen we started duin zikr!! :!:

Pages