Is Allah Rehman and Raheem?

55 posts / 0 new
Last post

TPOS wrote:
I was asking you if those were his words? I didn't mean it in an argumentative way, just thinking you may have misinterpreted what he said or I don't understand it properly

Don't bother with them

Inallah zeena qafroon  

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:

TPOS wrote:
lollywood wrote:

Disbelievers will not believe don’t bother with them

Is that really what he said? I don't think that's right.

Listen to it then

he didnt say that. ive listened to otehrs since that one but im pretty sure here he was saying how this is not ANY disbeliver but SPECIFIC ones.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
he didnt say that. ive listened to otehrs since that one but im pretty sure here he was saying how this is not ANY disbeliver but SPECIFIC ones.

How do you know which one is the SPECIFIC one?    

Thank you for reminding us of the Hell-Fire. Lets concentrate on improving our own characteristics and beliefs, that way by Allah's mercy we will be rewarded for all the good we do! Obviously, if we aren't good followers of the deen, there are punishments, which shouldn't be ignored!

Hummus wrote:
Thank you for reminding us of the Hell-Fire. Lets concentrate on improving our own characteristics and beliefs, that way by Allah's mercy we will be rewarded for all the good we do! Obviously, if we aren't good followers of the deen, there are punishments, which shouldn't be ignored!

But if Allah's rehman and rahim then he should not punish us

lollywood wrote:

Hummus wrote:

What's the point of life then?!

TPOS wrote:
lollywood wrote:

No, that's how Lollywood is summing it up.

If you read the context it specifically says those who don't want to be guided won't be by Allah.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Hummus wrote:

If you ask a poor person that only has food for 1 day he or she will say no point as every day is a struggle

What's the point of punishing for something that happened ages ago?    

The Lamp wrote:
If you read the context it specifically says those who don't want to be guided won't be by Allah.

Why is Allah giving up on them?

Why can't he soften their hearts?

He isn't giving up, he's given them free will.

There are some people who are open minded and soft hearted, who can be easily guided. There are others who are hard on the outside, yet have a chance of being softened-  Umar (RA) is a classic example.

But there are others, who even if they know deep down inside that there is only one God, they will choose to reject the message.

It all comes down to free will, we are not MADE to do or accept anything.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

lollywood wrote:

Hummus wrote:

If you ask a poor person that only has food for 1 day he or she will say no point as every day is a struggle

What's the point of punishing for something that happened ages ago?    

Then in case it would be a struggle faced with patience which would gain reward, i'A.

And there is a point in punishing someone for actions done ages ago. Then a person would commit wrong and think, well, oh, i could do it again, and not learn from it. By punishing a person, it shows that you can't get away with everything. You need to confess and face the conseqences. Also, we should ask for forgiveness because by the mercy and compassion of Allah, he can forgive or lessen the punishment!

The Lamp wrote:

He isn't giving up, he's given them free will.

That's a cop out by Allah

The Lamp wrote:
There are some people who are open minded and soft hearted, who can be easily guided.

I think you mean easily convinced or is Allah only capable of  targeting the venerable?

The Lamp wrote:
But there are others, who even if they know deep down inside that there is only one God, they will choose to reject the message.

Why can't Allah change their mind with the power he has after all he's going to wake us up again on the day of shashar if he can do that then why can't he do this?  

The Lamp wrote:
It all comes down to free will, we are not MADE to do or accept anything.

We are

Were are frightened with dire consequences which I have posted already

Garments of fire will be cut out for them and boiling water will be poured over their heads (Quran 22:19)

Hummus wrote:
Then in case it would be a struggle faced with patience which would gain reward
But they need food and water now not in akhirat

Hummus wrote:
And there is a point in punishing someone for actions done ages ago. Then a person would commit wrong and think, well, oh, i could do it again, and not learn from it.

I meant that for Aakhirat

Hummus wrote:
By punishing a person, it shows that you can't get away with everything. You need to confess and face the conseqences. Also, we should ask for forgiveness because by the mercy and compassion of Allah, he can forgive or lessen the punishment!

But if he forgives or lessen the punishment do we learn our lesson as you said?   

The Lamp wrote:

TPOS wrote:
lollywood wrote:

No, that's how Lollywood is summing it up.

Yep I knew that, I was just questioning what the speaker said.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Just something I Googled:

A man went to a barber shop to have his hair cut as usual. He started
to have a good conversation with the barber who was cutting his hair. They
talked about many things and various subjects. Suddenly, they touched
the subject of God. 

The barber said, "Look man, I don't believe that God exists!"

"Why do you say that?" asked the man. "Well, it's so easy, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God does not exist. Tell me, if God existed, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be no suffering nor pain? I can't think of loving a God who permits all of these things."

The man thought for the moment, but he didn't want to respond so as to cause an argument. The barber finished his job and the man went out of the shop. Just after he left the barber shop he saw a man in the street with long hair and beard. It seemed that it had been a long time since he had his hair cut and he looked so untidy. 

Then the first man again entered the barber shop and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist!"

"How can you say they don't exist?" asked the barber. I am here and I am a barber."

"No!" the man exclaimed. "You don't exist because if you did there would be no people with long hair and beard like that man who walks the streets."

"But, I do exist, and that is what happens when people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" - affirmed the man. "That's the point. God does exist, and see what happens when so many people don't go to Him and do not look for Him? That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

Stop feeding the troll.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I read these nice little moral stories and can't help but notice the flaws in them. But then I remind myself they're just stories, so it's all good.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

TPOS wrote:
I read these nice little moral stories and can't help but notice the flaws in them. But then I remind myself they're just stories, so it's all good.

What's the flaw in this one?

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

You wrote:

Stop feeding the troll.

and swearing in your head is not like thoughts is it? because im actually saying it in my head. just not saying it out loud...so i do get sins dont i?.. so sad....

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

lollywood wrote:

surely you jest.  Is it not obvious to you that we punish ourselves, we are the key. Submission can save us, and  arrogance will destroy us. The devil sits on his throne in the sea and gloats at our misdeeds whilst Allah who loves us more than our own mothers is ever ready to forgive us.

First thing first, if you choose to look at the image of hell in Islam then it would only be right to look at the image of heaven in Islam, which is sooooo beautiful and amazing that it shows us Allah's love and mercy for the believers Smile

Secondly, if Allah didnt create hell then what would the point of this life be because then no one will be punished so how is that fair (and Allah is a fair in his decisions).

Thirdly, as humans the consequences of our actions are, the more we act or rather not act on it. In this case, if we see that hell is a horrible place to be in then we will InshAllah be detered from commiting sinful acts (and Allah's knows human nature very well)

Finally, Allah knows best so please dont let shaitan get to you like that Smile

laila wrote:
surely you jest.  Is it not obvious to you that we punish ourselves, we are the key. Submission can save us, and  arrogance will destroy us. The devil sits on his throne in the sea and gloats at our misdeeds whilst Allah who loves us more than our own mothers is ever ready to forgive us.

I don't think we punish ourselves on purpose

If Allah was going to forgive us anyway then what's the point of creating  jannat and jahannum?

Orange Panda wrote:
First thing first, if you choose to look at the image of hell in Islam then it would only be right to look at the image of heaven in Islam, which is sooooo beautiful and amazing that it shows us Allah's love and mercy for the believers Smile

If Allah shows love and mercy to his believers then what's the point of creating jannat and jahannum?

Orange Panda wrote:
Secondly, if Allah didnt create hell then what would the point of this life be because then no one will be punished so how is that fair (and Allah is a fair in his decisions).

We get punished in this life for our wrong doings

Orange Panda wrote:
Thirdly, as humans the consequences of our actions are, the more we act or rather not act on it. In this case, if we see that hell is a horrible place to be in then we will InshAllah be detered from commiting sinful acts (and Allah's knows human nature very well)

Finally, Allah knows best so please dont let shaitan get to you like that Smile

I don't agree we still do wrong despite knowing the consequences,  there is  a lot of crime in Muslim countries

Please Lollywood, can you accept that Allah has made Jannah and Jahannam for many reasons. Now, just think good, act good and pray that Allah guides you towards Jannah! I can't believe this topic is continuing!

Pages