Halal Entertainment

96 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

also a tip: whatever u do, DONT go horseriding in jeans...

:shock:

why

I would have thought thats the most suitable attire

lol i didnt mean like, go in a skirt or something!!

the best thing to wear is a tracksuit bottom and long top (i never wore riding pants, theyr not at all modest :?). the first few lessons make u sore enuf, but jeans would make ur legs feel raw! coz the trot and canter are such that ur jeans will be rubbing against ur skin throughout, after an hour or so, u can imagine wot it wud feel like.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

also a tip: whatever u do, DONT go horseriding in jeans...

:shock:

why

I would have thought thats the most suitable attire

lol i didnt mean like, go in a skirt or something!!

the best thing to wear is a tracksuit bottom and long top (i never wore riding pants, theyr not at all modest :?). the first few lessons make u sore enuf, but jeans would make ur legs feel raw! coz the trot and canter are such that ur jeans will be rubbing against ur skin throughout, after an hour or so, u can imagine wot it wud feel like.

Thanks for that. I wouldnt have thought about that...

Naturally, I would have thought that jeans are the best thing for horseriding cos a skirt def isnt...

I'd prob borrow my brothers joggers :?

So, do you have any links about horses or horseriding?

"MuslimSister" wrote:

or u cud buy ur own... Blum 3 j/k! Wink

"MuslimSister" wrote:

wot sorta links? Smile whereabouts in London do u live - i cud find out about places to ride near there?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

"MuslimSister" wrote:

wot sorta links? Smile whereabouts in London do u live - i cud find out about places to ride near there?

Lol-I didnt know you could get girl joggers....I live in East London.

another thing - sneakers arent a good idea wen u go riding. a shoe that fits well and has a small heel is best (as ur feet have to rest on the stirrups).

Aasiya I am now realising that I know absolutely NOTHING about horse riding. Maybe I should visit the library…

I used to ride a pony in Pakistan when I was in my teens…it was pretty simple. But that was just simple “trotting”.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Lol-I didnt know you could get girl joggers....I live in East London.

lol u can get em in any sports shop... the type that are like, PVC on the outside and fleece or summat on the inside are pretty good.

i'll hav a look for places in East London then, a sec. Smile

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Aasiya I am now realising that I know absolutely NOTHING about horse riding. Maybe I should visit the library…

I used to ride a pony in Pakistan when I was in my teens…it was pretty simple. But that was just simple “trotting”.

nah, its not really all tht complex - no need to go to the library, theyl obviously start from the basics in ur lessons... and beginners often start on ponies too, so u shouldn't feel too wierd about the whole thing. Wink

wow there seem to b loadsa places in East London - check this list out:

there's bound to b one in ur area inshaAllah! Smile

also, this may help:

Wow..I have one in my very own town. Thanks for that..

How much is the average price of one lesson?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Wow..I have one in my very own town. Thanks for that..

How much is the average price of one lesson?

cool!
last i checked it was around £13 for a private lesson, in a group its obviously cheaper. but for an absolute beginner private lessons are a much better idea...

so what else is there for sisters that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, most entertainment seems to be halal for men and haram for women. Don't complain when your women become depressed and fat.

Make me some good suggestions please, btw i'm not into girly sleep overs never been my thing so anything else?

"yashmaki" wrote:
so what else is there for sisters that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, most entertainment seems to be halal for men and haram for women. Don't complain when your women become depressed and fat.

indeed! Lol

"yashmaki" wrote:
Make me some good suggestions please, btw i'm not into girly sleep overs never been my thing so anything else?

play monopoly with ur hubby! Smile or scrabble or cards... [size=7](but ASTAGHFIRULLAH playing cards is haraam!!)[/size] Blum 3

"Aasiyah" wrote:
play monopoly with ur hubby! Smile or scrabble or cards... [size=7](but ASTAGHFIRULLAH playing cards is haraam!!)[/size] Blum 3

So is the use of dice.

"Beast" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

So is the use of dice.

ah wel ther u go then yashmaki, seems all entertainment is haraam (the halaal stuff women cant participate in anyways...)

Blum 3

[size=9](for anyone who is a newbie, i am in NO way serious, just taking the mick...)[/size]

Chess is a really good game, It take time and thought to play it. I used to know, but i forgot how to play it now. I actually have heard from some people it haraam as it waste time, but not sure but it is a really good game.

I think where entertainment is concern u should be open, i remember a couple of years ago i used to think Golf was a boring game and for the higher class, but when i start playing it, it was wicked (obviously can't afford to play at the golf course).

Board games are really good, because of increase in technology, people tend not to play them much, but games like Risk are very popular in my area, people are literally addicted to teh game.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

chess is a waste of time.

According to some narrations playing chess is equivalent to/ worse than dipping ones hands in blood and flesh of swine.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I'm sure there's a hadith that prohibits the game of chess, i remember reading about it???

"Med" wrote:

According to some narrations playing chess is equivalent to/ worse than dipping ones hands in blood and flesh of swine.

?

Narrations of hadith? or narrations of what some people thought?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"yashmaki" wrote:
I'm sure there's a hadith that prohibits the game of chess, i remember reading about it???

There is, infact there quite a few, but just out of interest would these hadith that mention chess in particular apply too all these modern game as well. Because if we look at time wasting, there nothing worse then playing things like playstations.

[url= in islam[/url]

edit

read a something different on this website, rather interesting.

[url=

p.s never come across the above website before, so not sure on this one. But it does give two different opinions. The last part being For Chess.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Good thing i gave up chess then... [size=7]kept winning[/size]

How about paintballing?? Is that ok??

Has that been mentioned b4?

Back in BLACK

"Admin" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

?

Narrations of hadith? or narrations of what some people thought?

"yashmaki" wrote:

no admin it is a hadith, narrated in Sunan Abu Dawud if i remember correctly, but yash and Med, if ur thinking of the same one, it refers specifically to 'backgammon' and not chess.

a sec, i'll find it...

"yuit" wrote:
Chess is a really good game, It take time and thought to play it. I used to know, but i forgot how to play it now. I actually have heard from some people it haraam as it waste time, but not sure but it is a really good game.

no offense but ppl who think chess is a waste of time probably havent played it much... if ur playing with someone at the same level as u, it is actually a very quiet, thought-provoking game. u have to think ten-steps ahead, its all about strategy and planning. Smile

"Aasiyah" wrote:
no admin it is a hadith, narrated in Sunan Abu Dawud if i remember correctly, and yash, if ur thinking of the same one, it refers specifically to 'backgammon'.

a sec, i'll find it...

ah, sorry i was thinking of another (re: Sunan Abu Dawud) the one Med referred to is from Sahih Muslim:

The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: “Whosoever plays with backgammon is as though he dipped his hands in the blood and flesh of a swine”. (Sahih Muslim, No. 2260)

oops!

I have played backgammon on the net at work when bored. :?

(most of the internet is blocked, but the internet games that come with windows used to work... I thing they have been blocked now)

Its a game devoid of any strategy. I can only see it used for gambling. its about the throw of the dice.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Yuits first link is excellent mashaALLAH.

The second has rulings from bohra community and mentions khumayni, so whoever wants to take rulings from that devil is free to do so.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

The second has rulings from bohra community and mentions khumayni, so whoever wants to take rulings from that devil is free to do so.

bohra community?
khumayni?

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

bohra community?
khumayni?

bhoras are a sect of shi'as, most are situated in indopak. khumayni = khomeini.

"Med" wrote:

It is, but it still relate back some of the evidence back to the 4 school of thoughts, plus for this question i much rather look at the evidence that people provided rather then what sect or group they from, which i believe that link did really well putting both side of the agrument, so that was the only reason i put it up. I personally don't see nothing wrong with playing Chess after looking at all the evidence today, but inshallah will consult a scholar about it as well.

[url=http//

Pages