Halal Entertainment

I always found this subject rather interesting, after going to a speech by a scholar. Because afterwards, i realise that there a very limited amount of halal entertainment round. Well very little seem good enough for the youth as it all about short term buzz, which there is no halal way to compenstate for that in islam IMO.

Does such a concept even exist. Because where entertainment is concern, alot of the time it involve you leaving your obligation too allah swt. Like playing football through Namaaz times, being abusive to ur fellow man, while playing it. Cricket involve a whole day of play, but saying that loads of brother still pray during the day and it is a good site too see during cricket season. You can reads books, wtach endless DVDs, play board games, playstation and nasheeds.

But, does anyone have any suggestion for good halal entertainment. What do people do to keep themselves entertain during the day. Is there any good alternative for the current activity undertaken by the youth. A feedback would be much appreciated.

obviously not an 'everyday' form of entertainment, but a possible attraction for the youth are the 'celebrate eid' and 'evening of inspiration' concerts which have been happening over the past few years... the former is usually organised by MAB Youth and the latter by Islamic Relief, a fundraising event.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

for guys sports-

for girls (segregated sports)-swimming/suana etc

also sleepovers for girls is also halaal enterntainment

entertainment at mosques/centres with prayer rooms

also good place to create brotherhood and stop people from gettin up to no good

tried and worked wonders in gangsta Chicago

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Aasiyah" wrote:
obviously not an 'everyday' form of entertainment, but a possible attraction for the youth are the 'celebrate eid' and 'evening of inspiration' concerts which have been happening over the past few years... the former is usually organised by MAB Youth and the latter by Islamic Relief, a fundraising event.

yeah the nasheed concerts

I heard about islamic fashion show-they must be great fun too

How about having a Couples of pool and snooker tables in a mosque (in a separate room), having a sound system which is playin naats nasheeds etc. That way ppl can get together n enjoy themselves. And while all this is going on, a discuzzion can be going on in a separate room about watever (islamic obviously) where ppl can chat about wats they feelin etc. And not only for brothers, but for sisters. That would keep ppl in the mosque instead of the street corners.

But loadsa imams are against havin a pool table within a 100 metre radius of a mosque. Unfortunate really.

I think the muslim community should rally for a ban on imported imams, and let the new generation of imams take over, who hav been brought up in UK.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"razor" wrote:
How about having a Couples of pool and snooker tables in a mosque (in a separate room), having a sound system which is playin naats nasheeds etc. That way ppl can get together n enjoy themselves. And while all this is going on, a discuzzion can be going on in a separate room about watever (islamic obviously) where ppl can chat about wats they feelin etc. And not only for brothers, but for sisters. That would keep ppl in the mosque instead of the street corners.

But loadsa imams are against havin a pool table within a 100 metre radius of a mosque. Unfortunate really.

I think the muslim community should rally for a ban on imported imams, and let the new generation of imams take over, who hav been brought up in UK.

If the imams won't allow it in the mosques, isn't it possible to get access at some other venue say community centres/youth groups?

You could try to ensure that activities are halal and in an islamic atmosphere.

At least that would keep young people off the streets.

Just a suggestion.

The masjid is the House of ALLAH. Its sanctity must be maintained at all costs.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

You could get a building next to a mosque and build the Islam-friendly youth-attracting environment there.

Then at namaaz time everyone can go nextdoor to the mosque.

Whitechapel Mosque-The main East London Mosque has a gym built in there recently.

Great way to get people in the Mosque.

exactly what im talkin about

its all halaal....and at namaaz tyms or if theres a talk, people attend there

no-one says it has to be in the prayer hall.....so the sancticity or whatever is preserved.

the mosque is a place for the community not jus for prayer.....but obvious thats 1st priority

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Whitechapel Mosque-The main East London Mosque has a gym built in there recently.

I think that the East London mosque is a perfect example of what a mosque in teh west should be. It even has a youth club there i believe, it a proper complex. Mosque hall is normally always full, which is also a very good sign, ther also a real sense of brotherhood there whenever i been.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

I think that the East London mosque is a perfect example of what a mosque in teh west should be. It even has a youth club there i believe, it a proper complex. Mosque hall is normally always full, which is also a very good sign, ther also a real sense of brotherhood there whenever i been.

Its fantastic. They organise camps there reg...They even allow access to women which is rare for a Mosque esp in that area. (White chapel is a bengali area, and most bengali Mosques dont allow women access).

If it was my local I'd always be there.

"Aasiyah" wrote:

My mate have been and all they said was that the women (well i hope it was women) kept screaming when Sami Yusuf came on.

I think that whether something is halal or not, is down to teh individual. Like there some people football always bring the bad side out of them, they always flipping, swearing and generally a menance, but on the otherhand you have individual who can play football very civilised and wehn time come for namaaz they will stop. Same can be said of nasheed, the people who have Sami Yusuf picture hanging over there bed, it has to be said that, maybe it isn't really halal for them. So would i be right in saying it due to the individual.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Its fantastic. They organise camps there reg...They even allow access to women which is rare for a Mosque esp in that area. (White chapel is a bengali area, and most bengali Mosques dont allow women access).

If it was my local I'd always be there.

True and if i remember right they done their Khutbah in English, Bengali and Arabic when i was there for Jummah once. I think women can read congeration Namaaz there as well in a seperate part of the mosque. As i said i always found it very welcoming and people generally let u get on with ur own thing, no one starting at u if u reading ur namaaz differently like some mosque.

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

My mate have been and all they said was that the women (well i hope it was women) kept screaming when Sami Yusuf came on.

I think that whether something is halal or not, is down to teh individual. Like there some people football always bring the bad side out of them, they always flipping, swearing and generally a menance, but on the otherhand you have individual who can play football very civilised and wehn time come for namaaz they will stop. Same can be said of nasheed, the people who have Sami Yusuf picture hanging over there bed, it has to be said that, maybe it isn't really halal for them. So would i be right in saying it due to the individual.

Very true.

However, like you said it depends on the individual. If SOME people abuse something that is halaal....this doesnt make the act blameworthy for everyone.

For instance, Milad....SOME people miss their prayers or may not cover properly when attending a Milad programme. But this doesnt make the whole act blameworthy.

But its too bad when one or two people ruin something for others.

this whitechapel mosque is exactly whats needed

what Ed has been bangin on about and gettin in trouble for....what i suggested on radio last week....What Imam Ramee has set up in chicago....its kpet the people away from Drugs, Guns and basically danger....and taught many about Islam by ACTIVE DAWAK APPROACh

if only all mosques could follow...

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"yuit" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

sad but true - i didnt go to the first one, but heard of this too. poor guy probably got scared coz he hasnt performed in a UK concert since. Lol

but ur right, it does depend on the individual.

also, its worth mentioning that its not just the girls who do silly things in these concerts - in the last one i went to, there was a group of guys sitting in the row in front of me, and when 786 came on they started whooping, screaming, throwing SCARVES in the air etc - basically being idiotic and trying to take the mick. :roll:

guys can be so immature... :roll:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I think this topic about masaajid has been discussed previously.

There I also stated my stance. If there is a SEPERATE building to the masjid which has these facilities then good, infact what could be better than having a youth centre next to the masjid?

Once land has been bought for purposes of being a masjid it can and should only be used in acceptable religious activity.

The ulama can be consulted on what is acceptable religious activity.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Usually within a Mosque only a specific area is classified as the "Masjid".

In the Mosque I attend there are little classes all around the Masjid area.

It true, i see many people who are terrified to come into the mosque. When parents come to pick up their kids, they won't even come into the mosque. There seem to be a stigma attach too the mosque. So having stuff in and around the mosque is a good way of breaking the stigma. As long as it doesn't affect the main hall and prayer, i think it a good thing. In Regent Park mosque they have a Canteen there and i think it a brillant idea, where you can go and sit and wait for namaaz, it better then going to somewhere like Pizza Hut where there more worldy distraction. It also give the people who come and read namaaz a chance to sit down and actually talk too each, rather then standing outside the mosque in the freezing cold.

[url=http//

"Med" wrote:

There I also stated my stance. If there is a SEPERATE building to the masjid which has these facilities then good, infact what could be better than having a youth centre next to the masjid?

Once land has been bought for purposes of being a masjid it can and should only be used in acceptable religious activity.

WHat about the toilets that are built in the same building? you do realise you cannot have toilets in the specifics of the 'Masjid'

The Ulama have been consulted, and some actively encourage such things. Some have a heart attack at the thought. Some think pool is worse than zina. SOme have totally the wrong frame of mind.

The 'mosque' should be more than the 'masjid'. It should encorporate the prayers, social occasions, have a library, halaal entertainment, and should also be used for some types of public meetings.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"yuit" wrote:
In Regent Park mosque they have a Canteen there and i think it a brillant idea, where you can go and sit and wait for namaaz, it better then going to somewhere like Pizza Hut where there more worldy distraction. It also give the people who come and read namaaz a chance to sit down and actually talk too each, rather then standing outside the mosque in the freezing cold.

whoa

how cool is THAT-cant believe whitechapel mosque and regents mosque is in London but I've never been there

London should win coolest Mosque awards

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
In Regent Park mosque they have a Canteen there and i think it a brillant idea, where you can go and sit and wait for namaaz, it better then going to somewhere like Pizza Hut where there more worldy distraction. It also give the people who come and read namaaz a chance to sit down and actually talk too each, rather then standing outside the mosque in the freezing cold.

whoa

how cool is THAT-cant believe whitechapel mosque and regents mosque is in London but I've never been there

London should win coolest Mosque awards

Yeah London do have the best mosques, not this ramadan but the one before, i done quite a few iftar there and it was brillant and it had such a brillant environment there, i put it down to the fact there was only ever a handful of Pakis there. It is proper diverse in population, I was quite disappointed when i was in Birmingham and Manchester as there one was no where as near to the one in london, probably went to the wrongs one. But saying that, where halal entertainment is concern, i think it very important to have mosque in areas that allow it to thrive. Like Mosque near parks, shops and other things are important as people are always at close promixity to read namaaz when the time comes.

[url=http//

"Admin" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

WHat about the toilets that are built in the same building? you do realise you cannot have toilets in the specifics of the 'Masjid'

The toilet area is not classed as masjid, but it is a necessity to have them and they are good. Ones who sit in etikaaf must remain in the masjid area, those who perform etikaaf and WITHOUT REASON loiter around toilets or entrance area nullfiy their etikaaf. Not strictly reltaed to topic but thought ppl shud be made aware.

Similarly being in masjid is being the place of prayer, loitering in shoes area or in kitchen etc is not the same reward as being in the actual masjid area. People should take note of this.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i've always thght the best way of passing time is doing things outdoors. The cheapest being walking. I don't mean walking up the street. Finding a nice rural area for a walk. If you're within reach of crags, mountains, lakes and national parks make the most of them, it's the best thing in the world. Least i love it.

I remember going Wales through my early and late teens camping, taking walks up mountains getting to the top sitting there looking at the lake watching the sun go down with a bottle of juice. Nothing more satisfying for me. The beauty and tranquility and most of all it truly reminds you of God and all the bounties He has blessed us with. You can easily forget that in the bustle of a city life.

So i highly recommend doing that and if you're not within reach of such areas save up and maybe go with a group of mates for a weekend trip now and again? It would be a nice retreat.

Aherm recently came back from Scotland every day me and my hubby packed a bag and made a walk up the nearest crag face near our apartment. Morning exercise before the day began. And boy it did me good. I miss that i've got the holiday blues in this dump. We are relocating insha'Allah need something beautiful to look at even if we live a basic life nature is always free for all to enjoy right Wink

I do like horses, and it's been a lifetime ambition for me to go on a horse riding holiday. But since i turned niqabi i've thght nah i can't do that., but my husband is very encouraging. He said so what if you wear the niqab if you want to go horse riding we'll go insha'Allah. So it's on the cards i'm set..boy i can't wait!!!!

"yashmaki" wrote:
I do like horses, and it's been a lifetime ambition for me to go on a horse riding holiday. But since i turned niqabi i've thght nah i can't do that., but my husband is very encouraging. He said so what if you wear the niqab if you want to go horse riding we'll go insha'Allah. So it's on the cards i'm set..boy i can't wait!!!!

u go girl - horseriding ALL THE WAY!!!! Biggrin

and lucky u re: camping in Wales - i'd luv to do summat like that.

"yashmaki" wrote:
i've always thght the best way of passing time is doing things outdoors. The cheapest being walking. I don't mean walking up the street. Finding a nice rural area for a walk. If you're within reach of crags, mountains, lakes and national parks make the most of them, it's the best thing in the world.

It good that you bring this point up, when in Pakistan my concept of entertainment is exactly what you describe above. However, in England i find it much different for some reason, i consider entertainment completely different here, maybe because of the mindset here. Because England does have some beautiful landscapes here, but they are all out of the way, while in Pakistan they are much more obvious and in your face. It a pity, man has cover up much of nature beauty here in the West.

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
It good that you bring this point up, when in Pakistan my concept of entertainment is exactly what you describe above. However, in England i find it much different for some reason, i consider entertainment completely different here, maybe because of the mindset here. Because England does have some beautiful landscapes here, but they are all out of the way, while in Pakistan they are much more obvious and in your face. It a pity, man has cover up much of nature beauty here in the West.

i disagree yuit - over here we have so much greenery, just going for a drive on certain motorways can be pretty enuf. we're just so used to seeing trees we stop appreciating them. trees in autumn and spring are the most beautiful here. Smile

also, so what if we hav to go 'out of the way' for nature - thats wot yash did when she went all the way to Wales for camping and mountain treks. one thing i really dislike about some parents is that they do not take their kids out enuf, on weekends there are so many beautiful places to go to in the UK. most of my asian mates have never been on an airplane, and its not for financial reasons. forget that, one of my Mancunian friends hasnt ever been to London!! :? seeing the beauty in other countries and cultures is so important IMO.

I ain't sure what u disagree with. I don't doubt that England is a beautiful country. But it just the way of life is so different here that you can't really appreciate the surrounding we have here, unlike pak where it much more chill and so u much more in tune with nature. The culture here in the West is much more work work work, then say in Pak where it chill chill chill. Plus because we are surrounded in build up areas, it can be true with do take nature for granted.

[url=http//

It is among ALLAH's wonders that ALL natural scenery is beautiful to the human eye, so yorkshire dales, mountains of snowdonia, lake district, the moutnains of kagan, the deserts of arabia and the everglades in america are ALL beautiful and relaxing.

Find one picture of natural scenery that the human eye is not comforted by, its impossible. Subhanallah ALLAH created this world for us, and us He Ta'ala created for ibaadah.

So connected with this topic. I think holidays in countryside for young males is an excellent idea. Infact one the main Jamia's in Bham took a group of males for a weekend in lake district last year i think. Very good suggestion. These types of outings are good, no crowds of people, no music, no intermixing, simple and clean and pure.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages