WHAT DID YOU EAT TODAY THREAD

123 posts / 0 new
Last post

"flower" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"flower" wrote:
although they say you should avoid water with food, should always have it half an hour before or after, but im not one to talk!

wow really? who's they - doctors? coz its actually in the sunnah of the Prophet (s.a.w) to drink water before the meal. Smile

Do i sense some sarciness (is that how its spelt?) from what you wrote sis? Lol

Yeah i know its the Sunnah of the Prophet (S.A.W), its just the way i talk, but yeah nutrionists and dietcians also advise this many many many years after our Prophet (S.A.W)

oh no, sorry! i didnt mean to sound sarcy - my 'wow' was genuine! Smile yet another thing that medicine has proven to be beneficial that Muslims were told about 1400 years ago... Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

really no water with food? But everyone has a drink with their food you get thirsty. And if you have spicy food you really need it don't you reckon?

So what's the theory behind no water with food then? Apart from the fact it can make you feel bloated and full when you're not.

Sorry Sister Asiyah i "dislike" olives Wink

"yashmaki" wrote:
really no water with food? But everyone has a drink with their food you get thirsty. And if you have spicy food you really need it don't you reckon?

well islamically its not as if that^ is forbidden or anything, just better to drink before the meal.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I think its to help digest the food properly coz drinking water whilst eating bloats ur stomach, if food is spicy u should try eating sum fruit or sumthin with it, im not one to talk though i always have water with my food...its a habbit!!

mm i can't eat fruit with curry doesn't sound nice. But your advice has been noted

I had milk and a banana in the morning cos I was in a rush.

I had a massive jacket potatoe with butter, cheese and beans and hot chocolate drink for lunch-I love eating hot food on a freezing cold day. (And I ate all by myself in the restaurant which is a BIG thing for me).

Just came home and mum has made some biryani which I'll eat in a bit with tea.

I got a full stomach so I wont be very active this evening.... :?

"naj" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
I made some classic brown rice (i hav no idea what they call it)

you can cook?

got another lecture from my mum just because my bros taking intrest in cooking an i dont know jack..

yes... im a man of many talents.

Back in BLACK

"MuslimSister" wrote:
(And I ate all by myself in the restaurant which is a BIG thing for me).

Im like that too, i very rarely eat in restaurants and the sort all mby myself, if i find that im alone for lunch i will just get a sandwich or sum other snack and eat elsewhere!

well done Muslimsis, i'm sure you mentioned that you could never eat out alone in another thread. I'm proud of you Biggrin

"yashmaki" wrote:
well done Muslimsis, i'm sure you mentioned that you could never eat out alone in another thread. I'm proud of you Biggrin

Lol-Thanks.

Maybe one day I'll also learn how to use the knife and fork and cut my food all by myself too.

"flower" wrote:
I think its to help digest the food properly coz drinking water whilst eating bloats ur stomach, if food is spicy u should try eating sum fruit or sumthin with it, im not one to talk though i always have water with my food...its a habbit!!

i dont know how people cannot have a drink in between meals...the food does not tend to go down.

i know what you mean, especially when i eat rice, it seems to get stuck

I thought it was bad to drink water after eating, but before ADN during was alright...

and while eating I drink ALOT of water!

I almost wash the food down my throat.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Today I have eaten:

Rice krispies (three bowls)

Apple (one)

Walkers crisps (Cheese and Onion flavour - 2 packs)

Some Grapes.

That is all.

IMO the only good diet is to cut down on your calories ie women on average should eat 2000 cal per day on a diet reduce to 1200 or if u are very big reduce to 1500 per day

counting calories and eating a balanced diet is the only sensible way to lose weight and of course mild exercise

"poison ivy" wrote:
anyone know a good diet?

eat everything in acceptable amounts, drinks lots of water/juice, and exercise.

The Prophet (s.a.w) said: "In eating, apportion a third of your stomach to food, another third to water, and leave the last third empty. The bowl most distasteful to God is a full stomach." (Tirmidhi)

Salam

"poison ivy" wrote:
anyone know a good diet?

Miss Ivy. Hi.

Yes.

But you seem fine to me.

Omrow

"poison ivy" wrote:
anyone know a good diet?

cut out on all carbs

I'm trying to put on weight at the mo-so I'm eating nothing but carbs

I heard chips, potatoe, crisps etc are very fattening

They don't. Its all in the mind. You think fat. You get fat.

"Omrow" wrote:
. Its all in the mind. .

Actually it depends on one's metabolism.

Some can over eat and yet never put on weight. Some live on fruit and water and still are overweight.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:
. Its all in the mind. .

Actually it depends on one's metabolism.

Some can over eat and yet never put on weight. Some live on fruit and water and still are overweight.

exactly. and lilsis, its not necessarily just carbs that help one put on weight, its different for everyone - for me its chocolate! Sad

I'm sure carbs is the most fattening food available....

Nothing makes me put on weight. I think its cos I cant sit still...I walk a lot.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I'm sure carbs is the most fattening food available....

Nothing makes me put on weight. I think its cos I cant sit still...I walk a lot.

ur lucky. Smile even wen i'm walking places a lot, it only takes some Dairy Milk chocolate (in excess!) to make me feel bloated... :oops: Lol

Cutting out an entire food group is not good for you, nutritionists and doctors know better than mr atkin. The atkin diet is all about eating just fat and no carbs at all. Sounds sick, and how long can you realistically maintain any diet? The best form of diet is to eat small amounts from every food group and balance that with exercise. There are no quick fixes. Food should be enjoyed.As long as you aren't ill denying yourself any food doesn't work, cravings take over and you end up eating excessive amounts of the food you were denied.

P.S fibre is meant to be essential for our diet for aherm cleaning out our systems to put it politely. And foods high in carbs also tend to be high in fibre. Cutting out all carbs can only lead to constipation and bowel problems. Sorry to be so blunt, but in the long run you'll do more damage to your system.

"yashmaki" wrote:
Cutting out an entire food group is not good for you, nutritionists and doctors know better than mr atkin. The atkin diet is all about eating just fat and no carbs at all. Sounds sick, and how long can you realistically maintain any diet? The best form of diet is to eat small amounts from every food group and balance that with exercise. There are no quick fixes. Food should be enjoyed.As long as you aren't ill denying yourself any food doesn't work, cravings take over and you end up eating excessive amounts of the food you were denied.

very well said!

Definitely! Atkins is all wrong - and they say it does tremendous liver damage.

Or something like that...

mm i was tempted to do it even though i'm not overweight, just wanted to see if it could actually make you lose a stone or 2 in 2 weeks. Sounds crazy. But when i heard you can only eat fat, no cereal, no bread, just lashings of fat, i thght no way!

On a somewhat unrelated note,

Why are girls always going on diets when they don't look even remotely overweight...

"You look fine baby"
"No I don't i'm fat"
"No, really, you are perfectly trim"
"So what you're saying is I could lose just a few pounds then"
"No... i'm saying you don't need to at all"
"But if I wanted to it might not be a bad thing?"
"No I mean dont go on a diet you dont need to lose any weight"
"Oh so i'm emaciated?"
"No!!!"
"I KNEW IT! YOU THINK I'M FAT!"

Is there some evil little creature in your heads that tells you horrible lies about yourselves all the time?

Pages