"naj" wrote:
"Augustus" wrote:
"naj" wrote:
the one smoking the fag was cool .

lol that's a hate crime over here

your end Y?

lol the slang works out differently

it also works here.

Its all about timing. (I was not sure wether you meant it so...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
and why are you lot all obsessing over cigarettes? Not seen those 'ads' I must admit... but everyone saying smoking is cool is disconcerting.

The things stink.

hey who's everyone? i cant stand cigs either. smoking is a disgusting habit, not to mention it kills... :?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

smoking stinks, i can't stand it. Even one whiff of it, walking past a smoker makes me sick. I hate smokers who have no concern for those who don't smoke. They'll light up on a bus right next to you. Well excuse me i never paid to smoke my lungs away you did.

no one smokes in our house phew.

not that i favour her but the one with the covered face gave the most intelligent replies. She didn't look scary at all, but wasn't sure about eye make up on any of them.

You see that bimbo, she still makes me laugh if my mate ever talked like that she'd cease to be my mate Lol

smoking is disgusting

I cant stand it when people smoke in my presence-it makes me sick

but it does look cool on some IMO

man did that hijaabi have attitude Wink

"naj" wrote:

I'm done wiv my hide an smoke days.

LOL

u rebel

did u hide an smoke in the girls toilets?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

I'm done wiv my hide an smoke days.

LOL

u rebel

did u hide an smoke in the girls toilets?

lol.....no, our high - school was surrounded by fields ..there were a few sheds and that there...So at break times girls were allowed to wander as long as their still in the school premises..

so some times we went there. My school was bad - so were my mates blame them lol. That me is not me-me now though.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
what do most hijaabi's here wear with the hijaab?

how do u mean?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Thats ok Saadia... Smile

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

If you talking about when going out then its with a black jilbaab....

Topped with my smarty tops....

"*DUST*" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

how do u mean?

i meant

are u a jilaab gal

jeans girl

skirt or dresses gal

or shalwar kameez gal

what do most gals wear with hijaab?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

how do u mean?

i meant

are u a jilaab gal

jeans girl

skirt or dresses gal

or shalwar kameez gal

what do most gals wear with hijaab?

oh. well i'm both a jilbab and jeans girl. i have a few skirts but dont like wearing em under the jilbab coz then the jilbab doesnt fall properly, so just wear em at home sometimes. shalwar kameez/other traditional clothes rarely, just on occasions or when guests are over. but i luv my jeans, and i luv my jilbab. Wink Smile

Salam

She doesn't love her jeans.

She likes to wear them because others love them.

Thats the simple truth.

Omrow

i wear my hijab wiv my jilbaab, they type of jilbaab i wear depends on the type of shoe i wear, lyk if i wore shoes then it would be my more formal jilbaab the flowy ones, or if i was wearing trainers then it would be my hooded or straight jilbaab

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
i wear my hijab wiv my jilbaab, they type of jilbaab i wear depends on the type of shoe i wear, lyk if i wore shoes then it would be my more formal jilbaab the flowy ones, or if i was wearing trainers then it would be my hooded or straight jilbaab

Thats like me.....im not really for the flowy jilbaabs.. trainers dont suit them.. i like wearing trainers under my jilbaab, so go for the straighter ones...i also wear branded tops on my jilbaab to go wiv my trainers which my mum hates.

But really it depends on where i go that i choose to be casual or classy.

"Augustus" wrote:
Hey ladies - Q for U

What is a "Jilbab" and why do you wear it with jeans?

wots that^ got to do with 'Jokes & poetry'? Blum 3

ok the thing is, the terms referring to outergarments are all complicated because in different places ppl call em different things... Fool

in the middle east, the jilbab is [url=. it usually has a collar, shoulder pads, cuffs, buttons down the middle and is not so flowy. often worn by elder ladies as opposed to the youth [size=7](i am attempting to b objective here...)[/size]. whereas the abaya is basically a long dress, often flowy and elegant.

but in the West we have not bothered to make the distinction, 'jilbab' seems to have become an all-encompassing term. :roll: i like calling my outergarment the 'abaya', but then i get quizzical looks and ppl asking wot the heck an abaya is, so i tow the line and call it a jilbab... Wink

but both are 'outergarments' i.e. they are loose, so that one wears them over their normal clothes. hence for girls who wear jeans and tops, the abaya/jilbab is just something that u pull over when ur going out...

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Augustus" wrote:
Hey ladies - Q for U

What is a "Jilbab" and why do you wear it with jeans?

wots that^ got to do with 'Jokes & poetry'? Blum 3

ok the thing is, the terms referring to outergarments are all complicated because in different places ppl call em different things... Fool

in the middle east, the jilbab is [url=. it usually has a collar, shoulder pads, cuffs, buttons down the middle and is not so flowy. often worn by elder ladies as opposed to the youth [size=7](i am attempting to b objective here...)[/size]. whereas the abaya is basically a long dress, often flowy and elegant.

but in the West we have not bothered to make the distinction, 'jilbab' seems to have become an all-encompassing term. :roll: i like calling my outergarment the 'abaya', but then i get quizzical looks and ppl asking wot the heck an abaya is, so i tow the line and call it a jilbab... Wink

but both are 'outergarments' i.e. they are loose, so that one wears them over their normal clothes. hence for girls who wear jeans and tops, the abaya/jilbab is just something that u pull over when ur going out...

lol gotcha.

I had never before come across the word abaya....is it an arabic term ?

I dont normally call it jilbaab either, just on forum. I just say jubba.

"Augustus" wrote:
Yikes!

That's not what I thought it was - so is that basically what Afghanis wear?

something along the lines... differ slightly. Some have it whole like 1 big cloth from head to toe

"naj" wrote:
I had never before come across the word abaya....is it an arabic term ?

I dont normally call it jilbaab either, just on forum. I just say jubba.

yup its an arabic term, means gown or dress.

i thought 'jubba' refers to what men wear?

"naj" wrote:

Thats like me.....im not really for the flowy jilbaabs.. trainers dont suit them.. i like wearing trainers under my jilbaab, so go for the straighter ones...i also wear branded tops on my jilbaab to go wiv my trainers which my mum hates.

i no wot u mean i do the same thng but my parents dont say nothing bout iy hey prefer me to wear trainers so i dont go breaking my legs, i luv my trainers, flowy jilbaabs and trainers soooo do not go

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

i no wot u mean i do the same thng but my parents dont say nothing bout iy hey prefer me to wear trainers so i dont go breaking my legs, i luv my trainers, flowy jilbaabs and trainers soooo do not go

no shes arite with me wearing trainers ....she doesnt like the 'sport tops' idea lol. I think i should try being more classy, but trainers are just so comfy.

oh ok, my mum n dad dont mind me wearing sporty tops sometimes they're the ones who buy it for me, must say their taste is rather good, you can look classy in trainers to if they're a decent pair i mean, but i alternate one day trainers and one day shoes

"Exquisite" wrote:
oh ok, my mum n dad dont mind me wearing sporty tops sometimes they're the ones who buy it for me, must say their taste is rather good, you can look classy in trainers to if they're a decent pair i mean, but i alternate one day trainers and one day shoes

lol my mum fumes so i be very wary of her.... one time i had to lie and say my mate gave me the top lol when i bought it with my sister. Yea u get some classy trainers but my taste aint with them, as for shoes it takes me ages to find a decent pair. my sis just bought me some pointy ones 2 months back...just couldnt wear them.

Actually wore them just once. I think al change once im married lol.

"naj" wrote:

Augustus: thats the afghan burkha,

[img]

jee wish i could hack one of those.

:shock: :shock:

no comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like abayya's and not Jilbaabs Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

98% of the time I wear long skirts with my hijaab…I also own a few long dresses that I occasionally wear as well. On the rare occasions when work call me in and tells that I have to do nursery work I wear loose black trousers with a knee length dress…cos kids are very clingy and its not safe wearing a skirt around them. :?

At home its usually Asian clothes or whatever …but I don’t wear a hijaab at home.

"Fresh Prince" wrote:

cleva...im sure aasiyah said their the same.

"naj" wrote:
"Fresh Prince" wrote:

:shock: no i didn't... Sad

"*DUST*" wrote:
"naj" wrote:
"Fresh Prince" wrote:

:shock: no i didn't... Sad

:oops:

"*DUST*" wrote:
[but in the West we have not bothered to make the distinction, 'jilbab' seems to have become an all-encompassing term. :roll: i[b] like calling my outergarment the 'abaya', but then i get quizzical looks and ppl asking wot the heck an abaya is, so i tow the line and call it a jilbab... :wink::[/b](

by that ^^^^^^^^^^^i thought you meant its the same. My bad :oops:

Pages