Hijabed Up AND Fashionable

216 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Beast" wrote:
Dave, he's just making a sectarian jibe - that's all.

oh... right.

You're in the US right now?!

You shoulda said something!

How flipping cold is it right now?! I hate the North. Are you in NYC or the western hinterlands?

"Beast" wrote:
I'm not in the US.

:?

...is there another New York State somewhere?

What is the Xavier Institute

lol

Xavier Institute is where the X-men hang out or something. You know, X-men... Beast et al.

Sorry to confuse you.

I'll go back to Birmingham... England.

"Beast" wrote:
lol

Xavier Institute is where the X-men hang out or something. You know, X-men ... Beast.

Sorry to confuse you.

I'll go back to Birmingham... England.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm an idiot.

lol well done - no need to change to Birmingham.

New York is far more interesting Biggrin

Musk your well off topic, get a life and get over it!

The rest of the boys behave and back to topic...

I just brought the most gorgus shoes from ravel, they are baby pink and they have diamontes all over the front of the shoes and at the back of the heels, i need to get salwar kameez matchin with it for Eid, and also a hijab!

I also got this stunning short maroon cardiagan with a brooch in the middle its lovely!

"Angel" wrote:
Musk your well off topic, get a life and get over it!

The rest of the boys behave and back to topic...

!

actually i responded to a qsn by dave. So angel think before you write yeh?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Your shoes sound cute angel.

I brought [url= shoes today. (The black ones).

And I got some material too. I don't like the fit of ready made clothes.

I'll accessorise nearer to the time.

they are lovely my mate brought sumthin similiar as that except they are closed from the back and they are plum.

I prefer loose fabric and i get my cuz to make it so it fits me properly, ready-made suits have short sleeves which i cnt be bothered getin fixed.

Does anyone know u where you can get pins for hijabs?

Yeah ready made clothes do nearly always have short sleeves. I prefer clothes to be normal fit on me...but some ready made clothes are like a tent on me. And they are over priced.

The best place to get Hijaab pins are the hijaab shops...and always attend Islamic fairs, they always have really pretty hijaab pins.

The [url= shop[/url] has a fantastic collection too.

Yeh they are nice, i bought a hair clip thing but i am gona use it as a hijab pin, they look really cool though, its got purple diamontes in it.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Wow our posts would have been so much wittier if we hadn't gone off and confused each other into explaining further.

lol thats true come to think of it.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Dave = tool.

nah u have an excuse - the assignment! but i was just out of it. Lol

[size=7]hey we cud always just go back and edit our posts...[/size] Lol

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
Wow our posts would have been so much wittier if we hadn't gone off and confused each other into explaining further.

lol thats true come to think of it.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Dave = tool.

nah u have an excuse - the assignment! but i was just out of it. Lol

lol oh well - we'll just have to wait for another opportunity to demonstrate our unparalleled wit and agree not to ruin it.

mums nearly finished sewing my eid clothes (i know i should be sewing them myself by now but mums 2 nice...) Biggrin

i prefer getting unsewed material 2 because that way u can sew the clothes 2 suit the individual style.....mine are cream/gold/black........gona be a nightmare ta match the accessories lol plus not sure whether ta buy a new hijab or jus wrap the long 1 that comes with the suit? decisions decisions!!! :!:

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
mums nearly finished sewing my eid clothes (i know i should be sewing them myself by now but mums 2 nice...) Biggrin

i prefer getting unsewed material 2 because that way u can sew the clothes 2 suit the individual style.....mine are cream/gold/black........gona be a nightmare ta match the accessories lol plus not sure whether ta buy a new hijab or jus wrap the long 1 that comes with the suit? decisions decisions!!! :!:

lol

Getin eid clothes is a stress in itself, i should have gone today as i was off work but it was too cold outside :evil:

I do have a mint coloured suit inside which i was suposed to wear to a party but the trouser material was too thin so i need to get lining underneath it..

I want another material which is black and simple which i can wear on an ordinary day.

itz soo annoying when the material turns out 2b too thin because i hate wearing the extra lining underneath so i tend 2 get it fixed 2 the material instead!

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
itz soo annoying when the material turns out 2b too thin because i hate wearing the extra lining underneath so i tend 2 get it fixed 2 the material instead!

yeh thats what i am thinkin of doin, i gota do my eid shoppin next weds cuz thats when i will be free but my cuz called me y'day to let me know to get my clothes to her ASAP, how can i? i aint got any material yet!

I wish i was more organised, eid is gona be just a week before my exams :evil:

i knw tell be bout it...all soo hectic! but im sure ul enjoy urslf nxt wed nothin like a good shopping spree ta relieve stress!!!!

"Aasiyah" wrote:
girls: consider urselves lucky - i have an exam ON eid. Sad

awww poor you! when is Eid and whens your exam, has Eid been confirmed?

oh thats just cruel...we'l be thinking of u sis but im sure ul fly thru it with no probz!

"Angel" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

January 10th right?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

January 10th right?

Oh excellant :roll:

I need to get that day off then, this is annoyin

Best of luck for your exams!

Talkin of exams i wil be leavin this forum for a few weeks Cray 2 (well that is the intention!)

All those celebrating xmas/new years have a good one.

If i dont post before eid then i hope you all have a good Eid, also Dave asked to pass the message of Happy Eid onto you all.

Will miss MOST of you lovely people (you knw who u are Biggrin )

Remember me in you duas and pray i do well in my xams, i wish the same for those who are goin to have exams...tc wasalaam xXx

aw angel sis gona miss ya hun....dnt wori bout your examz u know your gona fly thru them Insha'Allah

happy xmas/new year n Eid mubarak 2 u n all sis!!!!!

keep me in your prayers 2...tek care Khudafiz!!xxxxxxxxxx

Whilst I don't wear hijaab yet. I always dress decently. I never show skin. I always wear ankle length skirts. Now that its cold I've started to wear fish net tights under them. You can only see the foot bit, or when I take off my shoes. Someone told me that Muslim girls shouldnt wear such tight because the kafir girls wear them. Is this true?

"Ramz" wrote:
Someone told me that Muslim girls shouldnt wear such tight because the kafir girls wear them. Is this true?

no, the only requirement for our clothes is that they dont imitate men's clothing, and that when we go out, it covers us properly. the only negative thing i can think about tights is that they can b a pain when it comes to doing wudhu...

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Ramz" wrote:
Someone told me that Muslim girls shouldnt wear such tight because the kafir girls wear them. Is this true?

no, the only requirement for our clothes is that they dont imitate men's clothing, and that when we go out, it covers us properly. the only negative thing i can think about tights is that they can b a pain when it comes to doing wudhu...

Thanks Aasiyah. I actually saw a Hijaabi wearing such tights under her long skirt and I thought it looked pretty and of course tights keep you warm. But some OTHER hijaabi told me its not decent to wear them because only Kafir girls wear such tights. So I was confused with the issue. IMO its a lot more decent then being bare legged in windy weather. :roll:

Salam

A woman can dress inorder to disgrace her honour, or
she can dress inorder to elevate her status before God and men. Men, because some women don't
care about what God thinks; but they do care what men think of them.

It is completely her choice. And her decision will shows all thinking men what her motives are.

Therefore, there is nothing wrong with being fashionable, as long as you are SPIRITUALLY FASHIONABLE.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

Therefore, there is nothing wrong with being fashionable, as long as you are SPIRITUALLY FASHIONABLE.

spiritually fashionable...hmmmm...i like that Biggrin

"Omrow" wrote:

He has his good moments.

So omroW what would a spritually fashionable girl be dressed in

Pages