Where Do You See Yourself In The Next Ten Years?

88 posts / 0 new
Last post

We no u`ll get married within the next 10 yrs everyone will...!

SKHAN

Salam

Getting married is not a dream.

A dream ought to be something that is wonderful.

Omrow

So u sayin u have no dream.... no motivation to ur life

SKHAN

"yuit" wrote:
Married with two kids, why does everyone want 2 kids?

coz the question said in 10 years time

by 29, i doubt i will be able to have more than 2 kids, or i dont think it would be good idea

but i wouldnt mind 4 or 5 kids, after all - were 5 kids at home, and its good fun

i'd rather my children find thier best friends amongst themeselevs rather than from outside

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Salam

"Muslimgirl" wrote:
So u sayin u have no dream.... no motivation to ur life

I do have a dream. But that was not it.

I simply answered the pious lady's question.

Omrow

Ah well if u eva bcome a businessman ill do ur accounts 4 u lol!

SKHAN

Salam

You would have to wear the veil. Company uniform.

Omrow

i don't look beyond a week forget ten years :shock:

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
Married with two kids, why does everyone want 2 kids?

coz the question said in 10 years time

by 29, i doubt i will be able to have more than 2 kids, or i dont think it would be good idea

but i wouldnt mind 4 or 5 kids, after all - were 5 kids at home, and its good fun

i'd rather my children find thier best friends amongst themeselevs rather than from outside

i agree, i think its just more fun in bigger families. but the max no. of kids i'd have is probably 6 (inshaAllah!). i dont want to have so many that there's a massive age gap between the youngest and the eldest - coz then they end up not being close to eachother.

muslimsis i dont think u shud worry about neglecting ur kids, i can imagine u making a great mom inshaAllah. Smile i guess being a fulltime housewife ensures that none of ur kids are neglected. but for working mums this must b harder as they have to divide their time between the kids, husband, housework AND their job!

btw i luv teaching too (i've taught in madaaris). but my mom was a teacher in a school, and that made me vow never to take up teaching as a profession. the workload that teachers bring home with them is crazy. it wore my mom out, coz she'd be working fulltime to b a perfect houswife AND a perfect teacher. me and my bros were constantly telling her to quit... but she was working for an islamic school and doing it solely for 'the community's girls', so as long as they needed her, she was there for them.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Teaching is a hectic job. Thats why I'll only do it part time. Even now I only work part time-2/3 days a week.

I was supposed to go to work today, but I was so tired that I told them that I'm busy.

It's so important for a mum not to tied down with a full time contract.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Teaching is a hectic job. Thats why I'll only do it part time. Even now I only work part time-2/3 days a week.

I was supposed to go to work today, but I was so tired that I told them that I'm busy.

It's so important for a mum not to tied down with a full time contract.

i agree

but then you get people saying Muslims (and pakiz) ar backwards....they dont let women work full time, get a career :?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

but then you get people saying Muslims (and pakiz) ar backwards....they dont let women work full time, get a career :?

I think its up to the husband and wife what they decide to do.

I know someone who can't have kids so she's devoted to her career. Another mum I know works full time 9-5 Mon-Friday but keeps an immaculate house and is there for her kids....Another mum is a part time social worker.

I don't think any third party has the right to judge what a Muslim woman should/shouldnt be doing.

This should be a compromise worked out between the husband and wife.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I think Angel would be a great social worker working with kids.

thanks muslimsis but no thanks to hayduh for confusing me for him ( ur the one who posts 1000 posts each day :roll: )

I think 3 kids max...kids are lovely but they can be very hard to look after

"Angel" wrote:

maybe ul change ur mind wen u actually have them and see how fun they can be... Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

maybe ul change ur mind wen u actually have them and see how fun they can be... Wink

Maybe you'll change your mind when you see how hard they can be. Wink

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

I knw they are great I always love playing with my lil niece and shes just amazin to watch, shes one kids are so amazin at that age and its so cute how much they learn and pick up stuff from others.

I think when you have your own kids you have to give them your full attention and like muslimsis said you dont wana neglect them, i would rather have few kids and give them the best upbringin possible.

i'm not fixing a number on how many kids i have, i doubt it's gona spiral into a huge sum. i know too many sisters who have been trying to have kids for years without success. It's a blessing if you have them. Hard work no doubt. But there's this misconception that muslim women will pump out babies non stop if they dont use contraception. The reality is you can have a gap of years before you have another.

Why that is i duno, our lifestyle change? Coz i remember my parents generation literally had one kid every year, six or seven years flat. That was the norm. Nowadays women find it hard to even concieve one baby within a few years.

I remember reading this article in newspaper maybe a year ago this english lady had 14 kids. I thght wow she must have an asian husband, coz generally english women ain't keen on big families are they? or am i wrong?English partner though.
And she was getting hassle from the public because the government was giving her benefits for all 14, which she is rightly entitled to? Her partner did work, but you can still get certain benefits.

I duno you can't please everyone.

It depends how you are with kids, how much time you have. Some ppl have lots of kids and adopt on top of that. I used to watch Oprah back in the day, and still would if i had a tv, don't start lol (oprah book club member lol). Anyways I was amazed by the love, generosity and time some couples had for kids. One family had 4 kids of their own, one of whom suffered from a genetic disorder, so it was taxing on them coping. But they never complained. They even went on to adopt another kid! They just love kids i guess. But those kinder ppl are rare, i believe they're special. Really an inspiration Smile

"Enver" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

Maybe you'll change your mind when you see how hard they can be. Wink

oh trust me, i'm not that naive wen it comes to kids, i've got enuf experience to know they can b a handful. but at the end of the day, its all worth it. Smile

"yashmaki" wrote:
I remember reading this article in newspaper maybe a year ago this english lady had 14 kids. I thght wow she must have an asian husband, coz generally english women ain't keen on big families are they? or am i wrong?English partner though.
maybe she was irish? irish catholics are known to have big families.

I've always wanted to own my own beauty parlour and call it "Hijabi's"

thats what I'd like for myself in the next ten years

call it cover girls..get the pun? ok not highly amusing im in strange mood today lool

"yashmaki" wrote:
call it cover girls..get the pun? ok not highly amusing im in strange mood today lool

LOL

yeh I geddit

"Admin" wrote:
I have not to my knowledge ever been ambitious. Not since I was around 8 or so.

Others have always held high ambitions for me. I must disapoint alot of people.

I am as lost now as I was years ago.

I have no idea where I will be in ten years.

Nor do I have the desire or ambition to be somewhere in ten years.

wow :shock:

Mr Admin every one has some sort of an aim for themselves-
do u really not give a crap about anything?

do u really not careless what you'll be doing 10 years from now?

some of us actually do live each day as it comes and never plan or have great ambitions only small things

i wish to adopt again and just keep sane and try and retain what little innocence i have left and not become more cynical.

10 years for me will take me near 40. oh my God just saying it gives me the hot and cold shivers!

to all you young chickens (i still remember when someone called me a young chicken when i was 16 and she was 29 same as me now and i thought come on granny give it a rest)

to all you young chickens plan wisely and enjoy each day like it was your first and last day. life is such a beautiful gift and it wizzes past well my last 10 years have. funny though i still feel like i did at 16 a little wiser perhaps not sure but certainly not jaded.

peace

"seema*" wrote:

i wish to adopt again and just keep sane and try and retain what little [b]innocence i have left and not become more cynical.[/b]

peace

Stop being so un-optimistic.

The way I see it, Innocence does not equal Naivette. Okay?

so deal with it, you can be worldly-wise [i]and[/i] innocent! Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"yashmaki" wrote:
dave are you a snotty rich kid Biggrin If so do you behave like hilary banks? daddy can i have a hundred dollars i need new shoes Wink

lol yes that's me exactly. I always ask daddy for new shoes.

And a nice pink dress.

*Dave dawns a ridiculous british child's accent*

"Daddy, Mumsy - I want some ginger beer! and a pony!"

"Dawud" wrote:

Stop being so un-optimistic.

The way I see it, Innocence does not equal Naivette. Okay?

so deal with it, you can be worldly-wise [i]and[/i] innocent! Biggrin

no thats just being deceitful

"Constantine" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:
dave are you a snotty rich kid Biggrin If so do you behave like hilary banks? daddy can i have a hundred dollars i need new shoes Wink

lol yes that's me exactly. I always ask daddy for new shoes.

And a nice pink dress.

*Dave dawns a ridiculous british child's accent*

"Daddy, Mumsy - I want some ginger beer! and a pony!"

lol-

u know whats funny-I actually beleive u do that

both my sisters are experts at saying "Daddy can I have... " in their sweet voices and getting stuff outta him

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
lol-

u know whats funny-I actually beleive u do that

both my sisters are experts at saying "Daddy can I have... " in their sweet voices and getting stuff outta him

lol you've got to be kidding me.

I don't ask my parents for anything - which is fortunate because they don't seem to care either way.

Their solution to everything is "throw money at him and he won't get in our way"

no not material stuff

its normally stuf like "daddy can u drop me to work" or "daddy I don't know how to pay this bill"

and my lil sis just wants "sweeties" all the time

Pages