Where Do You See Yourself In The Next Ten Years?

Salaam

A wise man once said “Inform me of a man’s determination and I’ll tell you what kind of a man he is”.

In other words ones hopes, aims, dreams and ambitions says a LOT about an individual.

Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? What do you hope to have accomplished by then?

By them most of us should be in our 30's....the peak of life (apparently)

Are pessimistic or optimistic about the future? Is there a difference between aiming high and wishful thinking?

What about where you are NOW in your life, is this what you had envisioned for yourself? Are you doing better or worse then you had imagined?

Post your future visions for the future…And just for fun, post where you envision others in the future.... (but don’t be mean!)

Wasalaam

I have not to my knowledge ever been ambitious. Not since I was around 8 or so.

Others have always held high ambitions for me. I must disapoint alot of people.

I am as lost now as I was years ago.

I have no idea where I will be in ten years.

Nor do I have the desire or ambition to be somewhere in ten years.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

In 10 hours from now I see myself back in this seat, in front of this computer and on this website.

How's that for ambition? Biggrin

My ambition is to have the job i want ie. helpin children out

Having sound knowledge in Islam

ummmm ruling the world Biggrin

Ok

I have a dream...

erm... I mean I must have erm... had a dream. everyone dreams do they not?

'I am highly ambitious. My motivation also rubs of on others.'

That what I write in covering letters.

The opposite is true. I am sure I have made others fail due to my lack of motivation.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Enver" wrote:
In 10 hours from now I see myself back in this seat, in front of this computer and on this website.

Lol-ten hours from now I'll be here too with my tea and toast. But I was asking about 10 years from now... Biggrin

Come on, any profession you have your eye on?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Enver" wrote:

Lol-ten hours from now I'll be here too with my tea and toast. But I was asking about 10 years from now... Biggrin

Come on, any profession you have your eye on?

For my Masters degree I'll either do Urban Studies or Urban Research.

So, in 10 years I'll be working for [b]"TheMan"[/b] making sure that [b]"TheSystem"[/b] keeps all you lot down.

Biggrin

If anyome is still looking for a profession, go be a dentist.

pay for the course if you have to.

Easy job, loads of money.

Why do I not do it? I am clumsy. I would probably inject the wring place... pull the wrong tooth... you get the idea.

If you go through UCAS, the uni's want top grades. not because the course is hard. but because there is alot of demand. I would say the actual learning cycle is pretty shallow.

Admin, being a dentist is almost as hard and long as being a doctor. I have a cousin who's doing this course.

It depends on how far you go.

you can start practising within about 4 years.

You have to know about mouth ulcers, and how to deliver injections etc (injecting the wrong place so close to the brain can kill a person.)

You work the hours you want, unlike a GP.

You are outside the NHS, and make a killing from routine stuff.

I would not call it hard.

"Admin" wrote:

Why do I not do it? I am clumsy. I would probably inject the wring place... pull the wrong tooth... you get the idea.

lol my sis done genetics so they had to do experiments and she had these two guys that used to always work together and their hands shook A LOT and they found it very hard to mix the chemicals....u cant trust clumsy people, my sis is a clutz

Doesn’t the thought of putting your head in people’s mouths put you off?

Some people have very bad breath :?

take some mouth spray to work.

as soon as you get a whiff of an odour... just drown the individual with it!

Ofcourse there are drawbacks.

That being one of them.

But MS you have not said what your ambition is. To be a teacher?

You should easily succeed there.

I would not be surprised to see Enver leading some militant union on the future!

"Admin" wrote:

I would not be surprised to see Enver leading some militant union on the future!

I prefer to work in the background rather than lead.

But thankyou for the complement.

It was both a complement and a jibe. Blum 3

what are your plans?

which union is ready to dominate the world?

I have no idea.

Just going with the flow.

Well... i'll probably be a lawyer, probably either at dad's firm or as an associate district attorney

Married - with at least one kid and lots of free time.

Maybe working on an llm

me in 10 years, if not a solicitor livin it up nicely, then i dont know

would like to move out, let mum n dad relax, have my own firm

ADMIN - still moderating these forums, probably talking to himself as we will have all moved on, and he will be convincing himself he is still the voice of the youth!

MuslimSis - well-known scholar, or a very good teacher, who manages to be a good mum as well at the same time. in a Sufi Household Dirol

Angel - see admin

Enver - Running for Prime Minister

Constantine - preaching around the world, re-igniting the faith amongst lost christians

LilSis - Successful in whatever she does. no idea wats she doin, so cant really say. but wont let any1 mess her about, her only boss is her!!

Seraph - starring in the next star wars movie

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

oh and i would like 2 kids, and a wife[size=7]...another 1 wouldnt do any harm[/size]

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

MuslimSis - well-known scholar, or a very good teacher, who manages to be a good mum as well at the same time. in a Sufi Household Dirol

Wow-That’s exactly where my optimistic side thinks I’ll be in 5-10 years too with two darling kids...and I hope I'm still working for the Revival then too.

But my extremely pessimistic side thinks I’ll be living on my own with 50 cats, and I’m scared of cats. :?

I think Angel would be a great social worker working with kids.

Irfan would be successful in journalism.

And Dave, he'll be involved in politics...

Married with two kids, why does everyone want 2 kids?

I personally would be looking maybe too live in a islamic country or have lived in one for a period of time.

But what i want most is too be settled with whatever i doing and being able to offer stability too the people around me.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Cos kids are hard work. They are a full time job. I rather have fewer kids and give them my full attention then loads and then neglect some.

Even in school I've noticed that I automatically without realising give more attention to the cuter or cheekier kid. :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Cos kids are hard work. They are a full time job. I rather have fewer kids and give them my full attention then loads and then neglect some.

Even in school I've noticed that I automatically without realising give more attention to the cuter or cheekier kid. :?

Yeah, i probably thought it was due to the fact that most of us do come from the larger families. I could never see myself having more then 3 kids for some reason. Thought i really apprecaited being brought up in a larger family base.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

dave are you a snotty rich kid Biggrin If so do you behave like hilary banks? daddy can i have a hundred dollars i need new shoes Wink

Salaam every1 im sort of new here and 4ght il contribute id like to be an accountant in 10 yrs.....dunno whether it`ll happen but its a dream..........

SKHAN

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Where Do You See Yourself In The Next Ten Years?

December 8, 2015:

11:26 pm:

Sitting down by the fire with my wife. Holding her in my arms and learning about
the true mysticism by diving into the depth of her eyes.

Omrow

"Muslimgirl" wrote:
ur ambitious arnt u Omrow......

He's an ambitious Romeo.

Salam

I don't like to have dreams that are unrealistic.

They are waste of time.

Omrow

Pages