Great TV

Boardwalk Empire. SKY ATLANTIC WED 6TH FEB 9PM

Lie To Me is awesome. I like Tim Roth. My aunt sent me the first series on DVD and since then I haven't missed an episode. Some people seem to prefer The Mentalist but I don't know why. Roth is compulsive viewing.

And cartoons that I am totally up to date with are all the Seth MacFarlane ones (Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show) even if his humour is often offensive, The Simpsons, whose Christmas episode was shockingly inappropriate, and of course South Park.

Great TV that I don't really watch: Eastenders, Star Trek... help me out here, what are your favourite shows in 2011?

House, even though its not as special as it was a couple of seasons ago.

Human target for "switch-off-your-brains" almost 80's style violence fun (which sort of pulls off the ridiculous setting of it all).

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

im kinda into Big Bang Theory these days, its good fun (though not a new show...)

i cant say i like seth macfarlane's shows theyre too random! and if i was gnna laugh at them, its not cos it was actually funny, just too ridiculous! simpsons on the other hand i think is rlly funny.. havent seen the christmas show (i dnt have sky)

what else...oh yh, who watches come dine with me??? the presenter is rlly the star of the show lol...if i think of anything else ill post it...but i dnt have time to watch tv now, but these are the ones i watch when i do...oh and csi: las vegas the other ones are rubbish!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

I've never heard of Boardwalk Empire!

I watched a couple of episodes of 'Lie to me', liked it but cbb to watch it.

Yay! House & The Big Bang Theory!!

You know that new "comedy" Episodes? It's shit.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

no! u cnt mess with the original CSI, they cnt pull it of!!

yes, im sad ugly bettys finished as well....but gilmore girls???? i wouldnt say tht was great tv....kinda a nothing else is on, so i might as well tv, but no, not good

I can't believe one of the marvels of modern tv has not been mentioned - Dexter.

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8-Rqo-VT4]

(May not be suitable for children. or adults.)

If you watch it, it has to be watched from the first episode and not jumped into and no skipping of episodes to get ahead.

The first season atleast is masterfully written.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I watched the Dexter pilot a couple of weeks ago. It is the worst thing I have ever watched. Name something I should say is worse.

I am paying attention to suggestions here. Forgot to mention stuff like Dragon's Den and The Apprentice. House is good although it isn't one I watch. But I might catch up with that.

Plus a link I don't want to put in a a new thread, news and entertainment in one and no Hollywood celebrities.

Telling you Boardwalk Empire for the win. I watched the Mad Men pilot, which was OK but not as strong on period detail. Guess I'll try out another episode of that at some point.

Will probably log in later to reply to PMs and wish everyone well.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

i'd seen an episode of My big fat gypsy wedding' the other day...not recommended by the way..never have i heard "they dress like prostitutes, but they have very high moral standards" in one sentence lol...but one thing i have to say for them and that is WOW!

There i, and even a by me about how we can learn from the Gypsy community.

Top Gear!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Top Gear!

Yay!

Top Gear.
Scrubs.

What else do I watch? er.....random other things on iPlayer.

oh thnx for reminding me Ocean...GLEE!
lol, i kid...Glee wouldnt be so bad if they didn burst into song every coupla seconds, annoying! yh, ive seen Gilmore Girls but no way would i compare it to Friends, thts like tv blasphemy! :shock:

oh there was this programme on BBC 1, the old guys (or something like tht) it was soooo funny! anyone seen tht???

LOL I can't imagine Joey watching some of these programs that ocean and bilan have mentioned!

And I agree with Bilan, The Gilmore Girls is one of those programs you watch when nothing else is on AND NOTHING like friends!!!!

he should! everyone knows only the coolest of the cool watch them! yes thts right...dnt deny it we (me and ocean) are cooler thn cool Dirol

so hop on board Joey!

lol! the only medical programme i used to watch was Diagnosis Murder...the rest not so much. maybe u have to work in a hospital to like them cos my sister and si in law like it and they work in hospitals lol

and Nasheedgirl will be happy with u watching Merlin

Hustle

Joie de Vivre wrote:

Boardwalk Empire. SKY ATLANTIC WED 6TH FEB 9PM

Human target, smallville, the cape, scrubs < i'm behind i know, hawaii five 0, started an old tv show called Leverage, young justice (animated), started watching V, one im looking forward to in 2011 'the chicago code', no ordinary family, 24 &&& Smallville again Biggrin

What is leverage and the chicago code about?

Bones!

House is starting again on sky, thursday 10pm

Live at the apollo

Anyone seen Breaking Bad? It's pretty much only show I'd go out my way to watch other than Harry hills tv burp

Don't just do something! Stand there.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
What is leverage and the chicago code about?

Chicago Code is a crime drama, started airing this month, haven't seen it yet, looks good tho. Leverage is just a wacky, funny heist drama, every episode they get a new job, bit like robin hood take from the rich n give to the poor, but with style and the latest gadgets.

Ya'qub wrote:
Anyone seen Breaking Bad? It's pretty much only show I'd go out my way to watch other than Harry hills tv burp

oh i love tv burp! so funny haha

We're at the end of series 2 and Boardwalk Empire has yet to disappoint.

I can add Homeland to the list of great American shows.

Terra Nova is very flawed but still pretty awesome viewing, not to mention family-friendly.

Bob's Burgers is an awesome cartoon. Watch Bob's Burgers in the new year!

Now the BBC has just screened a new 3-part adaptation of Great Expectations. I watched the first episode and will shortly watch episode 2 before bed.

It starts really well. The young Pip is well-cast,the convict too, and everyone at the forge does a good job. I don't care if this stays close to the original so long as there aren't going to be spaceships or anything. David Suchet plays Jaggers and I must say I do like the cut of his jib. Estelle is good too. The script doesn't convey Dickens' humour but the BBC has approached this as a period masterpiece so there we are. But then that starts to become a problem. Near the end it turns out mature Pip will be played by a pouting model and all his Kentish charm will turn to homo-erotic fashion-shoot broodiness. I haven't mentioned Gillian Anderson. The character she plays is morbidly depressed but investing heavily in the lives of others. At one point she asks if she is not dead. I don't think that gives Anderson a license to absolutely deaden the script with monotony and and odd sort of melodramatic-coldness. I think perhaps she's been all botoxed up. She certainly looks ridiculous in all that white paint. She and her make-up are taking it all too seriously and until new Pip arrived they were the only downside. I expect this to get much worse.

Anderson and gay Pip: ruining everything.

Here ends my expert review of episode 1 of Great Expectations by Dickens and Aunty: 3.5/5

Joie de Vivre wrote:
We're at the end of series 2 and Boardwalk Empire has yet to disappoint.

I can add Homeland to the list of great American shows.

Terra Nova is very flawed but still pretty awesome viewing, not to mention family-friendly.

Bob's Burgers is an awesome cartoon. Watch Bob's Burgers in the new year!

Bob's burgers?! lol what on earth is that about? when/where do those come on

I saw that Great Expectations had been recorded, earlier, might watch it.

I'm gna give 'The walking dead' a chance, if I find out when it comes on.

Haven't watched the last episode yet but must admit episode 2 was better than I had predicted. Pip is indeed fairly charming albeit too broody and lacking naivety. Miss Havisham continues to jar but I will rate this 3.5 as well. The sets are mostly excellent and the atmosphere is a little heavy and not very London but it is working well. Smile

They should have settled on the accents. At the forge they have a sort of West Country accent (instead of Kent, whatever that is meant to sound like) but Pip the fashion model starts with a vague attempt at something cockney or estuary, which contributed to my disappointment with the end of that first episode.

Community.
That is all.

Don't just do something! Stand there.