My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

oh, so you're not getting married yet?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
oh, so you're not getting married yet?

Haha no Blum 3

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

she'll probably tell u ...maybe even invite u when she does get married!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Starting to watch it. Are there any particular oddities that struck you? (I may be a little clueless to what happens at weddings...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Starting to watch it. Are there any particular oddities that struck you? (I may be a little clueless to what happens at weddings...)

Well it was a bit bizarre the way they dressed in not much when their lifestyle rules are so strict.

The parents don't want kids to drink, smoke, do drugs, or go out on their own/without their permission.

No 'relations' before marriage

Marriage at quite a young age, and quite a sacred thing.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
she'll probably tell u ...maybe even invite u when she does get married!

xD

Yeah, that was mad. Insightful.

It is an eye opener to how they have managed to hopld onto their culture - not a good thing to say, but any prejudice they faced may even have helped keep the communities united.

The values Vs he dress sense did seem to clash in my mind. Quite surprising contrast between the two.

Their average age for getting marriage is 17.

YESSS i watched that in sociology and was like *jaw hits the floor* apart from the *take off the clothes except underwear and dance around while guys check you out thinking about their future bride* bit..its really similar!, the getting married early, the not dating before marriage etc..

and of course, the not knowing where the wedding is and ending up following someone who is following someone who is talking on the phone to someone who isnt even at the venue yet Blum 3

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?