How to control your anger

41 posts / 0 new
Last post

OMG im soooo surprised no one was against me on this one :O

ermmmm ermmm...
i did something i just dont want to tell you right now Biggrin lol

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

if you can get me some chocolate that would be great.

OMG I got one!
The other day i was in my mates house and i was making garlic bread and i almost burnt his house down lol
AND! i got angry alot of times to so therefor im evoooooool woooooo (say it like a ghost) >:)

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

Truth's_Razors wrote:
My nephew pulled out my keys (on this laptop), the 'A','S','3','4' have all been removed - so I'm pressing the sort of rubber button thing underneath. Anyway, i told him off and then stomped upstairs and shut the room door. Now i feel pretty bad.

The question is not whether i was right or wrong about telling him off but rather when someone is angry, how do they go about controlling it?

The only way i know is by sitting if standing, laying down if sitting etc (as the Hadith of the Prophet).

Does anyone know of other ways?

Keeping in mind that in the heat of the moment things are not always as simple as ABC.

Shokran!

*EDIT* Since writing this, my nephew opened the room door with a tiny tear in his eye and said 'choya [then my name]'. My heart melted - silly beautiful baby.

*EDIT 2* I didn't hit him! No way, never ever ever! Shok Just told him off in a really stern voice!

Should have given him a zinger right below the ear, that would have taught em real good. Never too young for discipline.

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

Truth's_Razors wrote:
My nephew pulled out my keys (on this laptop), the 'A','S','3','4' have all been removed - so I'm pressing the sort of rubber button thing underneath. Anyway, i told him off and then stomped upstairs and shut the room door. Now i feel pretty bad.

The question is not whether i was right or wrong about telling him off but rather when someone is angry, how do they go about controlling it?

The only way i know is by sitting if standing, laying down if sitting etc (as the Hadith of the Prophet).

Does anyone know of other ways?

Keeping in mind that in the heat of the moment things are not always as simple as ABC.

Shokran!

*EDIT* Since writing this, my nephew opened the room door with a tiny tear in his eye and said 'choya [then my name]'. My heart melted - silly beautiful baby.

*EDIT 2* I didn't hit him! No way, never ever ever! Shok Just told him off in a really stern voice!

One thing that the Prophet (pbuh) suggested was to sip water and hold it in your mouth without swallowing or spitting it out.
Personally I like pacing around (don't ask why) but that can help if you pace away from the person (so you don't hit them).

Hope that helps you slighlty. You've never struck me as an angry girl, tbh, but so long as we can control our anger that's what matters.
Think of it this way: controlling your anger is a sign of strength. Just an incentive for you there. Wink

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

usually when i get angry i just raise my voice or i'll threaten whoo ever it is lol
but dont usually hit or anything
but last time i got angry i did and you know what it still hasnt left my mind because i still feel guilty about it
i did alot that day
shes not an angry person. well i dont know but i dont think she is
she seems more like someone who's sooooo calm but can have a bubble at times Biggrin

i wonder how people see me...hmmmm...

mush91 wrote:

i did something i just dont want to tell you right now lol
OMG I got one!
The other day i was in my mates house and i was making garlic bread and i almost burnt his house down lol
AND! i got angry alot of times to so therefor im evoooooool woooooo (say it like a ghost) >:)

lol Thats not evil - unless you purposely tried to burn it! Blum 3

We see you as the crazy "dude" guy Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

actually if you seeeeee yeah it really is evil because his house almost burnt down but i still had a bite of the garlic bread after and my mouth turned black and my mate was like what are you doing thats become charcoal lol

in that case awwwww dudes im soooo like flattered
why crazy though? Blum 3

i am generally not an angry person so when it comes to a situation where i know the other person may anger me i stay away from the situation.

saying that i get annoyed pretty easily at times and usually its only with the people who are closest to me, when they do something that they know would annoy me yet they do it anyway.

for me personally it depends on the mood i am in which determines my level of tolerance. Alhamdulillah i try to keep all situations calm now remembering to please Allah is my goal.

i cant remember the hadith exactly but the prophet(SAW) said the strongest of man is someone who has control over their anger. from that i understand that it is not aneasy thing to accomplish but insha allah we try our best Smile

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

omg i said the same thing if you go back on the thread :O
i didnt know it was on a hadith
but you know what when i go home i want to write that on paper and stick it on my wall because it really is inspiring Smile

Foysol89 wrote:

i cant remember the hadith exactly but the prophet(SAW) said the strongest of man is someone who has control over their anger. from that i understand that it is not aneasy thing to accomplish but insha allah we try our best Smile

The Messenger of Allah (saws) said: “The strong man is not the one who can overpower others (in wrestling); rather, the strong man is the one who controls himself when he gets angry.” (Reported by Ahmad, 2/236; the hadeeth is agreed upon) . The greater the anger, the higher the status of the one who controls himself. The Prophet (saws) said: “The strongest man is the one who, when he gets angry and his face reddens and his hackles rise, is able to defeat his anger.” (Reported by Imam Ahmad, 5/367, and classified as hasan in Saheeh al-Jaami‘, 3859)

mush91 wrote:
omg i said the same thing if you go back on the thread :O
i didnt know it was on a hadith
but you know what when i go home i want to write that on paper and stick it on my wall because it really is inspiring Smile

Nice idea!

It can be hard but biting your lip really is the best thing to do when someone angers you.

How do you train yourself to make yourself think before reacting?

But then I must think about it, and it might just be a habit to react, cuz I can easily not react depending on the person :S

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Pages