The Niqab In the West

144 posts / 0 new
Last post

"*DUST*" wrote:
IMO its more important for girls than it is for guys. Smile

lol I sparred once with my girlfriend.

I basically got anihilated - i'm too slow to react and had no idea what I was doing...

essentially i volunteered to be a punching bag.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

I basically got anihilated - i'm too slow to react and had no idea what I was doing...

lol cool! Biggrin wot typa martial art did she learn?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

lol cool! Biggrin wot typa martial art did she learn?

A very painful one - I have no idea its all karate to me. I think it was "chinese" as opposed to "korean" though because she went on and on after our tuesday smackdown sessions - usually while I was ad lunch bleeding and she was ordering a hamburger several times the size of her.

It was my fault though - she's a very pretty girl 5'3ish and basically a wafer, if I touch my thumbs together I can just about touch my index fingers around her waist.

And she goes to Columbia.

In the Ghetto.

That didn't sit well with me so I told her to take martial arts - signed her up for a class and dropped her off.

And before you know it she stole the pants in our relationship - i'm afraid of her.

So it more or less backfired.

But i worry less about her walking around up there

i didnt say those words.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
i didnt say those words.

if ur talking about Dave's quote, yeh that was me, but the quoting mechanism seems to have gotten messed up in his post.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I have fixed the above posts now.

(and no, I did not leave a sig... no point.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lol so what belt are you?

(that's how they rate you right)

"Don Karnage" wrote:

the grading of belts differs from one type of martial art to another. the only thing they seem to agree on is that black is the top belt (tho even that is subject to discussion...) Lol

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

the grading of belts differs from one type of martial art to another. the only thing they seem to agree on is that black is the top belt (tho even that is subject to discussion...) Lol

lol okay so what are you?

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol okay so what are you?

i'm three belts away from black. the grading in my (old :() school goes:

white
red
yellow
orange
green
blue
purple
brown
black

and when i had to leave i had a blue belt. Cray 2

"*DUST*" wrote:
naj, there isnt really anything particularly tomboyish about karate - IMO its more important for girls than it is for guys. Smile

honestly speaking your the first girl i've come across whose actually done that....but yea girls do need it coz they dont know how to defend themselves lol...

So you must be pretty scary.

How long did it take you to get that far?!

"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol nah not really - unless u happen to be ManfromZarqa. :twisted:

erm, i think it took about 5 years in total (i started when i was quite young, took a break from it and then went back when i was a bit older).

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

erm, i think it took about 5 years in total (i started when i was quite young, took a break from it and then went back when i was a bit older).

lol the forums ninja.

Why did you stop again? Sounds like you wanted the black belt!

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol the forums ninja.

when i was a kid i took a break coz i wasnt serious about it. :roll:

yeh if i was still in the same city i would atleast have my brown belt by now... Cray 2

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol the forums ninja.

when i was a kid i took a break coz i wasnt serious about it. :roll:

yeh if i was still in the same city i would atleast have my brown belt by now... Cray 2

Then you could be an urban ninja!

lol your new avatar suits you so very well - excellent choice

As'Salam Alikum All :),

There are also sisters who wore it purely for the sake of Allah subhaanahu wata'aala. They are so busy remembering Allah, they couldn't care less about all the looks, stares and harrassment they get. A lot of them are simply doing as many nafl deeds as they can, like prayers, du'as, quran recitation, their tongues are constantly praising Him even while they are doing the housework! Those sisters wore the niqab for the love of Allah and wouldn't take it off for any of His creation. People look at them with pity and scorn, but don't realize that they are actually in a state of ecstasy. Their hearts are filled with sakeenah, and their faces filled with nur. Subhaan Allah.

The niqab is not for the faint-hearted. And you are right, the niqab is more than a piece of material covering the face, it means much more than that to the sisters with sincere intentions. Many of them are wearing it out of pure love for the Mothers of the Believers. They would do anything to try and follow in their footsteps. There's a hadith that says 'whoever dresses like a people is one of them.' Of course we can never compare with our Mothers, but we can only hope to be raised up with them on the day of Judgement. Insha Allah!

You will never know the taste of a mango until you try it, no matter how much people try to describe it. And you will never know what it's like to wear the niqab until you try it. So, try it for a day and see if it's suitable for you sis. There are sisters who do go out of the Muslim areas alone in the niqab, but they are the ones who don't care what the people say or do, they only fear the One Who ought to be feared. Their voices are ringing in my ears: 'I put the niqab on for Allah, and I'm not going to take it off for anybody!' Another one has told me: 'The Creation of Allah has no power, Allah is The Doer of Everything.' They have absolute firm belief in Allah the Most High. Subhaanahu.

As for me, I have my ups and downs in iman, sometimes I feel threatened so I never go outside the areas with Muslims by myself. People mainly just stare. I hardly ever get any rude comments, and I've never been assaulted Alhamdullaah. People do chill out if I talk to them with good manners. I usually go with another sister who wears the niqab so we can both do our shopping together. I think it's the same with sisters who wear hijab nowadays? I'm not sure.

I do know some sisters who wore the niqab before they married and had kids too, it all depends on your level of iman. We are all tested in this dunya, and niqab is easy for some whilst it is impossible for others just the same as tahajjud is easy for some whilst it is impossible for others. You can draw closer to Allah subhaanahu wa'taala by nafl (extra) acts of worship, and the niqab is one of those

Wailaikum salaam.

sis Ayesha

"I've been to Palestine, Somalia and Afghanistan. I've been to Iraq to Chechnya and I've been to Sudan...What am I?

"yashmaki" wrote:
beautifully said sister!

It's beautifully copy and pasted.

Beast means that its a beautiful plagiarism.

u mean what Chechen sister said aren't her own words??

Yes. Beast [b]meant[/b] that she is copying other people's
work and passing it as her own. However, what he had in [b]mind[/b] was that a Chechen is stealing text.

Pages