Women are more ungrateful than Men

61 posts / 0 new
Last post

How on earth are women more ungrateful then men?
ya know this type of talk is killing off everything good in islam
Men think that women dont do much but at the end of the day its the men going round havin affairs and its the woman left behind to pick up the pieces
Women hav sooo much more to do then men all do is men sit down in offices women work theyre buttocks off cleaning up,cookin foood,praying for their friendz,loookin afta the children
all men/guyz do is sit down and watch the telly wen they get bored they complain that the reason why they are so fat is because the wife/woman cooks dodgy food and they hav to buy takeaway to cover it
men are neva bothered about their children all they are worried about is if they hav enough money to be able to go on holdays with out the fam
and nowadays most muslim women atre gettin battered by their husbands jus becoz off a lil thing like shoez i shuld know becoz i found my best friend lyin on the floor cryinn afta her husband had punched her in the hed 3 tymz threw her on the floor and the broke her wrist
THERE are u happy now? u shuld hav realised that women go thru more pain then men EVER will

I agree with you mostly but some of those examples aren't all true - that women are always worse off; most men do care about their children and increasing numbers of men are being abused too - esp those that have immigrated.

So both sexes are and can be subjected to such stuff and its wrong either way.

Welcome to The Revival btw Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

i dont think that its all women but yeah i think this is kinda true though not to say that guys aint ungreatful aswel

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

if you can get me some chocolate that would be great.

by the way Sapphier Siddique
men do do all that but I've come to realise though nowadays more and more women are doing it and guys have actually calmed down a lot from before
so who knows what may happen in the future lol
may Allah bless the women and men who are greatfull and are appreciative with good in their lives Smile

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

if you can get me some chocolate that would be great.

mush91 wrote:

may Allah bless the women and men who are greatfull and are appreciative with good in their lives Smile

And make those who aren't, better.

Ameen Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Sapphire Saddique wrote:
How on earth are women more ungrateful then men?
ya know this type of talk is killing off everything good in islam
Men think that women dont do much but at the end of the day its the men going round havin affairs and its the woman left behind to pick up the pieces
Women hav sooo much more to do then men all do is men sit down in offices women work theyre buttocks off cleaning up,cookin foood,praying for their friendz,loookin afta the children
all men/guyz do is sit down and watch the telly wen they get bored they complain that the reason why they are so fat is because the wife/woman cooks dodgy food and they hav to buy takeaway to cover it
men are neva bothered about their children all they are worried about is if they hav enough money to be able to go on holdays with out the fam
and nowadays most muslim women atre gettin battered by their husbands jus becoz off a lil thing like shoez i shuld know becoz i found my best friend lyin on the floor cryinn afta her husband had punched her in the hed 3 tymz threw her on the floor and the broke her wrist
THERE are u happy now? u shuld hav realised that women go thru more pain then men EVER will

OK deep breaths. There much better isn't it? Wink

Yes women do go through terrible stuff and it's our Islamic and civil obligation to challenge that. But many Muslim men are decent men who treat their wives/women like they should (ie. like princesses). Men, like women, make mistakes and have shortcomings and it's better to encourage them to be better and be grateful rather than jumping to the conclusion and saying that "he's never done anything for me" in a fit of emotion. Even something that you don't mean can hurt like hell, if most of the time you do your very best.

Clearly, your experience hasn't been that good when men are concerned; I hope you and decent men that you come across can change your mind. It's best not to stereotype and it's best to take a minute to think a little: have a I dealt with my hardships in a constructive way, or should I show a little bit more gratitude/calmness?

Trust me- a cool head will feel so much better and is more likely to persuade others to see your view.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

We Shia Muslims do not believe in such absurd degrading hadith.
Our Ayatollahs say that these kind of things are made up by enemies of Islam. We say Bukhari and other hadith books were written 200 years after the Prophet. They contains a lot of invented rubbish which was attributed to holy Prophet (pbuh).

Our Prophet in reliaty elevated women and honoured them, as taught by the 12 holy imams. This type of fabricated hadith makes Islam look bad. It makes Sunni men abuse their wives.

Shia men never look down on their females. Thats what I have said in my blog.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

malik wrote:
Bukhari and other hadith books were written 200 years after the Prophet. They contains a lot of invented rubbish which was attributed to holy Prophet (pbuh).

this is you against the world. its getting kinda boring now.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Seraphim wrote:
You wrote:
another way to look at the majority angle is one of numbers... while men and women are currently close to 50/50 in number, it is also said that closer to the end of time, the balance could be tilted to something like 50 women for every man on earth or something.

Now here, for there to be an even number of men and women who fall to the dark side, women would practically have to be angels.

So lets not judge the content of ahadith. It is not always simple.

So what you're saying is there are times when it is actually that simple... not always but there are time when it is... Biggrin

:evil: women r not angels!!!!!!! THERE R ONLY SEVEN ANGELS!!!!!!! SAYING PEOPLE R ANGELS IS HARAM!!!! U PEOPLE DISGUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!! :doubt:

Only 7 angels?

Source?

and not everything has to be taken literally. there are metaphorical phrases, so when it is said that someone is an angel, it is rarely meant as such, but that the person is LIKE an angel. Everyone is aware that humans are humans with all that entails, so no need to disgust yourself, I am sure that is not the best of feelings to have.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

No, you're wrong. Not everyone (specifically me and doubtless others) sees people along a vector of 'broken' to 'perfect' (or whatever labels you wish to choose). Just because a woman or man isn't gorgeous doesn't mean they're second best. In fact, I personally see it as quite the insult to objectify ALL people the way you have - you've labelled people who don't help out with the housework as second-best and objectified the so-called 'higher-level' people with arbitrary standards and they may not wish to be measured by.

I'm a very good-looking guy and I absolutely hate how women only ever see me as a sexual object, particularly as I happen to be extremely intelligent as well. And I would love to be appreciated for my intelligence, but sadly I've yet to meet the woman who does. This obviously doesn't mean that ALL women are so selfish, but it doesn't help my opinion of them. I accept that I can also be incredibly dense. I also suffer from depression. Is that a bad thing or a good thing? You might think that's a bad thing right now, but years (or months?) from now, when I've finally finished dealing with my issues, I'll be a much better man for it - so while you may see people like me as 'broken' or 'second-rate', I'm nothing of the sort. I'm just as worthy of equal love and compassion as the people you put on your pedestals.

Anyone who sees their prospective friends and partners in such an adolescent way as the building analogy is missing out on the beauty and brilliance you can get from even the most 'lowly' of people.

No, you're wrong. Not everyone (specifically me and doubtless others) sees people along a vector of 'broken' to 'perfect' (or whatever labels you wish to choose). Just because a woman or man isn't gorgeous doesn't mean they're second best. In fact, I personally see it as quite the insult to objectify ALL people the way you have - you've labelled people who don't help out with the housework as second-best and objectified the so-called 'higher-level' people with arbitrary standards and they may not wish to be measured by.

I'm a very good-looking guy and I absolutely hate how women only ever see me as a sexual object, particularly as I happen to be extremely intelligent as well. And I would love to be appreciated for my intelligence, but sadly I've yet to meet the woman who does. This obviously doesn't mean that ALL women are so selfish, but it doesn't help my opinion of them. I accept that I can also be incredibly dense. I also suffer from depression. Is that a bad thing or a good thing? You might think that's a bad thing right now, but years (or months?) from now, when I've finally finished dealing with my issues, I'll be a much better man for it - so while you may see people like me as 'broken' or 'second-rate', I'm nothing of the sort. I'm just as worthy of equal love and compassion as the people you put on your pedestals.

Anyone who sees their prospective friends and partners in such an adolescent way as the building analogy is missing out on the beauty and brilliance you can get from even the most 'lowly' of people.

Titanium wrote:
aa wrote:

I'm a very good-looking guy and I absolutely hate how women only ever see me as a sexual object, particularly as I happen to be extremely intelligent as well. And I would love to be appreciated for my intelligence, but sadly I've yet to meet the woman who does.

I know I shouldn't laugh but I couldn't help myself... *rofl*

I bet you werent the only one to laugh at that lol.

We often seem to count our miseries carefully, and accept our blessings without even thinking about it. In the same way a man forgets God during the good times and only seems to remember him during the bad (when he wants something).

The problem is pride. Do women have more then men?

Sadly to say I have found women to be more ungrateful than men, however having witnessed this I do declare we are changing for the better.  As we realise more and more the ills in the world are created by our own hands we place less blame on others thus complain less about men. We are grateful for the very breath we take and the opportunity to pray and live eternally in the company of Allah's grace.

Sephy coud you please define pride in this case, because this angle is very interesting 

Note to loser guy.  There are more angels than we can count trillions

hate to put wood in the fire but i always hear this.

"women are made from a rib and so they are crooked"

many times i hear this. they have a special way of winding a men up...

Hamza13 wrote:

!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!???

Golden Darkness wrote:

What do is 'rib'???

We may have a special way...but men know everyway!

the rib. the bones that protect the lungs and heart.

Eve was made from Adams rib.

Hamza13 wrote:

I heard something like this too... "crooked like a dogs tail... it can never be straightened" LOL

Back in BLACK

I've found two hadeeth that seem to be related to the above. Here they are:

Sahih Bukhari Book 55- 

Narated By Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Treat women nicely, for a women is created from a rib, and the most curved portion of the rib is its upper portion, so, if you should try to straighten it, it will break, but if you leave it as it is, it will remain crooked. So treat women nicely."

Sahih Bukhari Book 62-

Narrated By Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not hurt (trouble) his neighbor. And I advise you to take care of the women, for they are created from a rib and the most crooked portion of the rib is its upper part; if you try to straighten it, it will break, and if you leave it, it will remain crooked, so I urge you to take care of the women."

s.b.f wrote:
Are women more ungrateful than men?

It was narrated that 'Abd-Allah ibn 'Abbas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it. And I saw that the majority of its people are women." They said, "Why,O Messenger of Allah P.B.U.H?" He said, "Because of their ingratitude (kufr)."It was said, "Are they ungrateful to Allah?" He said, "They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment...If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you, she will say, 'I have never had anything good from you.'" (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1052)

it annoys me when people randomly quote hadiths when the vast majority dont even know how these hadith came about

After Muhammad's death, men took it upon themselves the task of interpreting God's will  and these men were the most powerful.wealthy members of the Ummah, and werent concered with the accuracy of their reports or objectivity

When Abu said Al Khudr swore he had heard the Prophet tell a group of women "I have never seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you" his memory was unchallenged, despite the fact that Muhammad's biographers present him as repeatedly asking for and following the advice of his wives, even in military matters.

1R4M wrote:

it annoys me when people randomly quote hadiths when the vast majority dont even know how these hadith came about

After Muhammad's death, men took it upon themselves the task of interpreting God's will  and these men were the most powerful.wealthy members of the Ummah, and werent concered with the accuracy of their reports or objectivity

When Abu said Al Khudr swore he had heard the Prophet tell a group of women "I have never seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you" his memory was unchallenged, despite the fact that Muhammad's biographers present him as repeatedly asking for and following the advice of his wives, even in military matters.

I don't understand the point you're making :S

1R4M wrote:

What do you mean by this? In my opinion many scholars that came after the Prophet who made interpretations, put their utmost hardest into ensuring that what they said was correct and authentic!

interpretations

theyre all interpretations

and scholars are human after all, theyre not immune to biases and preconceived notions

the science of quranic/hadith commentary has been the exclusive domain of Muslim men so it's no surprise that some verses are quoted in misogynist ways.

When a wealthy and notable merchant Abu Bakra (from basra) claimed, 25 years after Muhmmad's death, that he once heard the Propher say "Those who entrust their affairs to a woman will never know prosperity" his authority as a Companion was unquestioned

even the "authentic" hadith are not 100% accurate, theyre authentic according to whoever has compiled them.

Religion at the end of day is interpretation, whichever meaning one chooses to accept and follow depends on what one is trying to extract from the text

I disagree with 1r4m on here.

The majority of ahadith and fiqh was transmitted through ummul mu'mineen hadhrat Aisha siddeeqa (ra) - some suggest two thirds, and she was a woman, one of the greatest women.

While there was a phase of transmission where people didnt corroborate the ahadith due to trust, that was only a short period and once it became known that people tried to pass of false ahadith as real ones, then the muhaddith set up criteria to validate ahadith and as such there are categories of ahadith based upon the narrators of the hadith and upon the content of the hadith.

you cant follow islam without following sunnah, and the Qur'an states that those who follow the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) follow God.

even the "authentic" hadith are not 100% accurate, theyre authentic according to whoever has compiled them.

Challenging some ahadith is tantamount to kufr - they are so vigorously corroborated through multiple sources that there can not even be doubt as to the exact words - some were written down as they were spoken, others were spoken infront of huge gatherings where there are multiple corroborations.

Those who reject ahadith stray away from Islam, and it is often used as a way to get away from islamic rulings that the individuals are uncomfortable with. It is better to simply admit that you cannot understand the intent, context and meaning of such rulings and ahadith.

As for the hadith being discussed. I cant remember if we discussed its authenticity etc, but I remember there being links to places discussing context.

When a wealthy and notable merchant Abu Bakra (from basra) claimed, 25 years after Muhmmad's death, that he once heard the Propher say "Those who entrust their affairs to a woman will never know prosperity" his authority as a Companion was unquestioned

and who are we to question the sahabahs? If he was a sahabi, then that is a priviledge he has been granted that we cannot question. they were the best of the Muslims, acting on the direct instruction of the prophet (saw). (On the other hand if this was later challenged and found to be flawed, then the process worked there too)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Agreed.
Was thinking of the uncomfortable thing.

sorry but who gave you the authority to say what is kufr and what is not

and who are you to imply  and insinuate that I'm somehow a non believer for simply raising questions

Someone posts something misogynist, which also spurs on other misogynist thoughts and comments and IM wrong...

at the end of the day, hadiths are man-made, questioning them is not like questining the word of God

Hadeeths are the sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammad (S) noted by his companions. I still think the Quran, Sunnah and Hadeeth come hand in hand. It still does have a very very very high status.

1R4M wrote:

sorry but who gave you the authority to say what is kufr and what is not

and who are you to imply  and insinuate that I'm somehow a non believer for simply raising questions

Someone posts something misogynist, which also spurs on other misogynist thoughts and comments and IM wrong...

at the end of the day, hadiths are man-made, questioning them is not like questining the word of God

No one implied such a thing, Astaghfirullah.
Just reminding that it's a dangerous thing to do say such stuff

Could it be that he had misunderstood the Hadith? Or the context?

Surely, Sahabis are human and prone to mistakes. Also, as Iram and Power point out, questioning is diffetent from rejecting. It's better to question, than to brush issues under the carpet and loose you Iman.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Pages