Beauty is a curse?

73 posts / 0 new
Last post

its not beauty thats the curse, like Isha said, its the stupidity of people. (but i dont think you're convinced) I feel its the sme for anything you've got "more" than others.

Like, if you're "clever" some people might hang around with you JUST so that you can help them/do their homework etc...
If you've got money, some people are going to hang around with you for that, and when you dont have it anymore, they're gone
Same for beauty, but beauty is more complicated coz its more apparent.

But, you've got to keep up hope! out there, there are people with pure intention, who will be your friend/love you for the person inside. I know we havent talked much, But hey! I hope im one of these person Biggrin

Anyway, conclusion: it isnt a curse. Allah gave it to you, its an asset mashallah. It's people's way of thinking. Changing it would = World Peace. Let's just keep praying

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I think it is easy to blame one thing when looking back and putting every blame onto it.

A marriage based premilinarily on beauty can be made to work too. If it does not, that does not mean that it was the beauty that was the problem in the marriage.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lilly wrote:
its not beauty thats the curse, like Isha said, its the stupidity of people. (but i dont think you're convinced) I feel its the sme for anything you've got "more" than others.

Like, if you're "clever" some people might hang around with you JUST so that you can help them/do their homework etc...
If you've got money, some people are going to hang around with you for that, and when you dont have it anymore, they're gone

But, you've got to keep up hope! out there, there are people with pure intention, who will be your friend/love you for the person inside. I know we havent talked much, But hey! I hope im one of these person Biggrin

Anyway, conclusion: it isnt a curse. Allah gave it to you, its an asset mashallah. It's people's way of thinking. Changing it would = World Peace. Let's just keep praying

Thanks for that.
That was the type of...statement i was looking for.
Plus, it seems like you have a calm, bubbly personality. Thanks for that.

Love is a serious mental disease.

Ocean wrote:
Isha, don't delete the thread! It's SUCH a good question and please don't take things to heart... Just keep reading and replying to posts.

Ok, but do you know how i can kind of like edit the example, by any chance?

Shokran.

You wrote:
You used a personal example in the original post which complicates things.

If it was not for that, I would be in favour of keeping the topic.

But you used a personal example and you may no longer want new people to read it, so if that is the case, you can delete the topic.

Ok, Thank you.

You wrote:
I think it is easy to blame one thing when looking back and putting every blame onto it.

A marriage based premilinarily on beauty can be made to work too. If it does not, that does not mean that it was the beauty that was the problem in the marriage.

I may be wrong.
But, what do you think it was ,then?

1. There should be an edit link at the top of the page. Click it to change the example etc if you want. Or just replace it with just the question.

2. What was it why it went wrong? no idea. I don't know the people, I dont know what they want and I don't know how they think. More, I have not been in a similar situation.

But I find it impossible to accept that that was the only reason for failure. It may be the easiest to point out, the easiest to scapegoat.

Maybe it was the attitude of the people, the lack of respect or the wanting of different things? Maybe it was a lack of communications, maybe one was a really horrible person?

Could be a bunch of reasons, but it will rarely ever be just one of them. IMO.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Thanks for that.

Jazakallah for the compliment Biggrin really cheered me up, was feeling a little low!

I would agree with You on his point about beauty not being the failure of the marriage. Because, after all, beauty is a thing, an inert thing, well actually, its even less than that, because we cant even touch it or hold it, its just an "idea". So how can such a thing destroy a marriage?

Its people's way of thinking about this idea, or reacting to it, of using it, of expecting things from it. That's what causes problem in a marriage, in my opinion.

friendships, the little sister of marriage, already required a lot of work on BOTH parts to work out and be successful and last, what to say of marriages?

Lilly wrote:
Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
Lilly wrote:

Thanks for that.

Jazakallah for the compliment Biggrin really cheered me up, was feeling a little low!

I would agree with You on his point about beauty not being the failure of the marriage. Because, after all, beauty is a thing, an inert thing, well actually, its even less than that, because we cant even touch it or hold it, its just an "idea". So how can such a thing destroy a marriage?

Its people's way of thinking about this idea, or reacting to it, of using it, of expecting things from it. That's what causes problem in a marriage, in my opinion.

friendships, the little sister of marriage, already required a lot of work on BOTH parts to work out and be successful and last, what to say of marriages?

Treu say, sister. True say.

Yeah basically meant

Beauty is beauty, it's neutral and just there. It's what you make of it that counts.

So the issue there wasn't that beauty was the problem

But that it wasn't used productively.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
Yeah basically meant

Beauty is beauty, it's neutral and just there. It's what you make of it that counts.

beautifully summarize Pardon

Lilly wrote:
MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
Yeah basically meant

beautifully summarize Pardon

Thanks Lilz Acute

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Pages