Hajji LilSis?

103 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

who knows....you may Inshallah come back a better person (not that its gona take a lot for that, but u knw wat i mean Smile )

lol.

But on a serious note, it is written in the books that the sign of a hajj mabrur is that the person comes back changed, they dont engage in the same life that they did before.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Yep if you have a chance go inshallah sis...
life is short, and you never know if you will get another chance!

Iv been Umrah, mashallah its was de best experience of my life!
Nothing and I mean nothing can beat it or come close to it!

Someone once said to me to see jannah on earth go to medinah.
I hope inshallah you do decide to go..please dont put it off just because
you feel it is too soon or that you are too young...
thes are not good enough reasons to cancel an experience of a lifetime...
Remember only blessed people get a chance to go so soon
and sooo young! Smile

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

reminds me of a naat my uncle reads in the most beautiful voice i have heard....

[i][b]ham nai marnay mai madhinay ki dua mangeey hai[/b][/i]

Cray 2

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
reminds me of a naat my uncle reads in the most beautiful voice i have heard....

[i][b]ham nai marnay mai madhinay ki dua mangeey hai[/b][/i]

Cray 2

what does...? :?:

talkin about Madina and Makkah

reminds me of that line

need intepreting?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

nah i understand...but seriously it is such a beautiful place mashallah!!! :!: :!:

Hajj is a massive thing…I strongly believe that one has to want it a lot before they should go…cos only then they get derive the most out of it…but I suppose everyone is different… Some people who don’t really want to go are taken there and are totally blown away by the experience….

Dad took me Hajj in 2004….Hajj is def the best thing I’ve ever done…it was such an emotional and spiritual experience….I kept a diary whilst I was there so I could remember how I felt… I’ve copy pasted the main extracts below.

(It’s a bit long, so bear with me)

[b]London[/b]

I still can’t believe I’m going to Hajj! I’ve been on cloud nine ever since Dad confirmed the visa. Time doesn’t seem to move - I can’t eat, sleep or concentrate on anything. I’ve started a diary in which I’m noting down everyone’s dua’s and Salaams. It truly is an invaluable gift……it’s the best thing a father can give his daughter. I feel incredibly fortunate; words cannot even begin to describe the immense amount of gratitude I feel in my heart for my Creator. Finally after months of privately praying to Allah (swt), my dua is finally answered. Alhumdullillah by the grace of Almighty Allah in a matter of weeks I will be performing the journey of a lifetime….

I have a mountain full of sins which I have to ask forgiveness for and a mountain full of dua’s, dreams, hopes and ambitions that I want to ask for. After my Hajj I intend to try my utmost hardest to live the life of a better person, but before I do that I need to ask for forgiveness and clean my heart. So I view my Hajj as a spiritual refuel which should aid and assist in me in living the rest of my life just the way I’m supposed to….

[b]Medina [/b]

After numerous delays, fights and cancellations we finally reached our destination. It’s an understatement to say that Medina brings peace to the heart. I’ve already forgotten about my exhausting journey. I’m present in the city of Allah (swt) Beloved. Medina truly is the city of peace, blessings and well being….

It’s easy to see why our Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) loved this city and its people. Masjid-ul-Nabwi is a structure of inexplicable beauty; at first glance it was hard to look away, it’s a vision which will be imprinted in my heart forever…. The evenings, with the jet black sky, crescent moon, and sparkling stars hanging above the minarets are sensational (Finally I understand what all these Naats really mean)…

Whenever I hear the soulful call to prayer, perform my Salaah, or feel the presence and rahmat (mercy) of the Holy Prophet (saw). I still can’t believe that I’m actually here; it’s nothing short of a miracle. I try to remember absolutely everyone in my prayers so that they can also derive something of my being here.

The social scene here is so simple, relaxed and uncomplicated. No one seems more rich, intelligent, or prettier then anyone else. Nor does one ever feel insecure or inferior over here; there are no social barriers that segregate people. The people here are unbelievable friendly… it’s obvious that this is the city of rahmat (mercy), and barakah (blessings) and it’s obvious that this is the city of Allah (swt) beloved…

It was an honour and privilege to visit the most Beloved of Allah (swt) Messenger. Its one thing to send Salaam on the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) from anywhere else in the world; however it’s a whole different experience sending them in Masjid-ul-Nabwi. I felt extremely privileged to be able to be given the opportunity to ask for forgiveness in the court of the most beloved of all all Prophets (saw), I asked for sincere repentance and drowned myself in the recitation of Daroods.

When I visited the historical sights of Medina I couldn’t stop the tears from streaming down my face… to walk in a place so steeped in Islamic History is inspiring and humbling. I witnessed and gained Tabarruk (blessings) from the relics of those who sacrificed everything theirs in servitude and obedience to Allah (swt). The true devotees of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) who fought against the pagan Arabs, suffered tortures, became migrants, suffered unbearable hardships, but ultimately did raise aloft the message of the Holy Prophet (saw). A lesson in courage and determination was drawn from these clear signs and sacred places.

When I went to visit the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) for the last time before departing to Makkah with a heavy heart, I told Him Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) that inshallah I’ll be back soon.

When I return to London physically I’ll be there or in anywhere else in the world but my heart will always remain in Medina.

[b]Makkah[/b]

As soon as we arrived in Makkah we went to perform our Umrah. The sighting of the Ka’bah for the first time was overwhelming. I was awestruck by its magnificence; its beauty cannot be described in any other way except by pure experience of its presence. Tears streamed down my face as I asked for the Razamandi (pleasure) of my Lord. I felt incredibly insignificant standing before the house of my Almighty Creator. As I did my Tawaaf (circulation) around the Ka’bah, I couldn’t help but glance up overwhelmed by the thought that at this very moment thousands of angels were doing Tawaaf around the superior abode of Allah (swt) directly parallel to our Tawaaf.

After we performed our Tawaaf we cooled ourselves down by drinking zam zam water….I felt all my fatigue and thirst diminish. After drinking zam zam we went to perform our Sa’ee. Sa’ee represented to me Allah (swt) in all his beneficence, in all his mercy the one who provides sustenance for us and in whose hands our destiny lies. Once again I became emotional recalling the plight of Hadrat Hajara (ra) thinking how frantic she must have been looking for water; and how Allah (swt) loved the actions of his favoured person to such an extent that the revival of her actions is now considered worship.

[b]Mina[/b]

After fajr we walked to Mina, the thunderous, melodious chants of the talbiyah was echoed from every direction, never had I felt such a strong sense of belonging. In Mina I witnessed the imprints of those who were ready to sacrifice everything in submission and obedience to Allah (swt). After spending the night in Mina we left for Arafaat.

[b]Arafaat[/b]

In the plains of Arafaat we made our duas, the open ground was full of an incredible hum of people, all thanking, glorifying and pleading to Almighty Allah. It was the day where tears fell and hearts overflowed with thankfulness to Allah, with a strong belief in his mercy that all our sins will be forgiven. I felt incredibly insignificant as I asked for repentance from my Lord. I expressed my hopes and sought assistance against my fears. I was overwhelmed by the fact that Allah (swt) at this very moment was proudly pointing us out to his angels.

I joined a collective dua in which the Imam congratulated us on completion of our Hajj; his statement made me cry harder, I felt as if my heart was going to leap out of my chest with joy- knowing that I’m fortunate enough to be here. This is why I came to Hajj this is what I wanted to do; ask forgiveness for all my shortcomings and aspire towards the ideal. I poured my heart out to my lord today and asked for it all.

After the dua I found my dad, hugged him and thanked him for bringing me here. Surprisingly there was no awkwardness, shyness or holding back. The day of Arafaat is a day I’ll never forget.

[b]Muzdalifah[/b]

As far as the eye could see all I could see was millions of people spread out on the floor, under the clear black sky. It truly is an enriching experience; it gave me the international experience of the Ummah. There are people here from every corner of the world; of all diverse colours, cultures and classes.

However here everyone is sleeping on the floor under the clear black sky. This spiritual equality of the sexes, the races the rich and poor is the main foundation of Hajj- a feeling that’s not present in London. By appointing one single period of Hajj for the whole world the benefits have been enhanced a thousand fold. Wearing an Ihraam further reinforces this feeling of equality. Ihraam also makes you appreciate the simple things in life which we take for granted like a soap and comb…..

I am unsure that my Hajj will be accepted in the court of Allah (swt) since deficiencies in deeds are bound to occur on account of human weakness and imperfection. However, I reassure myself thinking that there are bound to be numerous Wali’s (friends) of Allah (swt) amongst us and maybe for the sake of those blessed individuals my Hajj may also be accepted.

[b]Mina[/b]

After spending the night in Muzdalifah we returned to Mina to stone the ‘devils’. Mina reminded me of Hadrat Ibraheems preparedness to sacrifice his willing and obedient son. It was chaotic! I had to be careful making sure that I was not struck by a stone, whilst making sure that I don’t accidentally harm anyone either- nullifying the few deeds that I may have gathered. After Mina we returned to Makkah to perform our Tawaaf-e-Ziyarat, returned to Mina to pelt the devils again and then returned to Makkah again.

In Makkah I performed my last Hajj rite the ‘farewell Tawaaf’ and left Makkah with a heavy heart. I’m returning to a place that is void of Rahmat (peace) and Tabbaruk (blessings).I feel as if I came here with an empty spiritual wallet and am returning with an unbelievable amount of richness (spiritual). Even if I spend the rest of my life saying ‘Thank you’ to Allah (swt), it still would be insufficient. I’m indebted to His (swt) kindness and beneficence.

[b]London[/b]

The feelings that I used to feel in those blessed places are missing here. Undoubtedly I believe in the omnipresence of Almighty Allah and I know that the Messenger of Allah (swt) is amongst us. However here in London sometimes I forget and sometimes I have to remind myself. Whereas in Makkah and Medina I constantly felt their nearness and presence at all times. To me, there was constant universal spirituality over there that we had lost or had to find over here.

I have to search for those feelings and find them either at fajr time, sitting in good company and sitting in a gathering of Dhikr. The loss of those feelings is more intense then the feelings that are felt when the blessed month of Ramadan passes and an individual strongly feels its loss deep within their heart.

Its depressing being back, Allah (swt) knows best when I’ll get the chance to return…anyway they do say that distance makes the heart grow fonder.

I wish that I can share my experience, my feelings etc with the whole world. Hajj is undoubtedly the best experience in the world.

Words can not do justice to Hajj ‘the journey of a lifetime’, it has to be experienced. I badly wish that everyone is blessed with the opportunity to do Hajj as early as possible in their lifetime and rekindle a strong loving relationship with Almighty Allah and his most Beloved Messenger Muhammad (saw)….

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

Mai Madhinay chala!

)

is that some nasheed...i rememba 1 starting like that i really liked that.

ye

Salaam lilsis,

money comes and goes, if u find that u havent derived full benefit from Hajj this year then InshAllah go again in a couple of years time (maybe when u have saved up enough)

I really enjoyed reading ur diary MuslimSister

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Dad took me Hajj in 2004….Hajj is def the best thing I’ve ever done…it was such an emotional and spiritual experience….I kept a diary whilst I was there so I could remember how I felt… I’ve copy pasted the main extracts below.

wondering why was so familaiar.

Also Hayder if it was your uncle Yunus I believe you, he recited a surah so beautifully once I could hardly tell it was Al-Fatiha! Smile

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

salaam
muslim sister thankyou soo much for sharing that lol i actually was getting tearful. i havent had the opportunity to go Saudi yet but soon Inshallah

lil sis i totally understand ur point of view u only feel asif ur not ready to go here as in in this country, once u get there ull know it was the ryte thing to do. do it while ur still young and it can influence u the most and help to keep u on the ryte path.

pray for me when u get there Inshallah that i soon follow ur foot steps u too hayder

wa/salaam

"flower" wrote:
Salaam lilsis,

money comes and goes, if u find that u havent derived full benefit from Hajj this year then InshAllah go again in a couple of years time (maybe when u have saved up enough)

yeh Madam writes good diary entries-one day I'll post up some of the more juicy entries :twisted:

btw flower girl I-m so happy that was the best advice given so far in this thread-

i never looked at it that way

thanks

x

Thanks for that muslimsis u sure know how to write an emotional piece, made me cry, it brought memories of my ummrah, I think the worse part of goin to do ummrah is havin to come bak, i dont think i have ever cried as much as i did when departin from Madina, the worse thing is you dont know if you will get the privledge to see that blessed place again.

Also in regards to your point where u had delay in reachin for Hajj, its soo weird many of us have been to ummrah in my family/relatives and there hasn't been one set of group that comes to mind who went there straight without any delay. Personally i think that made it even better because we had so much trouble getin there due to the bad weather which made us want to go there more hence it increased the longing to be there even more.

whoa girls ur all very soft hearted :shock:

its a good thing-I'm very rarely moved to tears

but I heard hajj is hard-delays porblems etc should be expected

cant be easy for a city to manage millions of people flown in frm all over the world

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"flower" wrote:
Salaam lilsis,

yeh Madam writes good diary entries-one day I'll post up some of the more juicy entries :twisted:

btw flower girl I-m so happy that was the best advice given so far in this thread-

i never looked at it that way

thanks

x

Thats ok lilsis, make sure u let us know if you go!

wow.........

u dont have to be a girl to be moved by that, im sat in uni and i would be lyin if i said i dont look like this>>> Sad Cray 2

my heart wants it bad, and reading that further strengthens my desire. Jazakullah VERY much for that MuslimSis. Mashallah a great read, something we can all hopefully relate to

i wanna leave uni and spend my life there :?

[b]Madhinay dheeya paak galiyan[/b]

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
whoa girls ur all very soft hearted :shock:

its a good thing-I'm very rarely moved to tears

I think when you realise where u are actually, so close to the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) tears just come naturally and once you have been there your heart yearns for those moments again and again. You dont knw how special that place is untill you been there. Soon as you go there you will feel at home and at peace, its such a beautiful atmosphere and all you are doin is worshipping Allah (swt) and goin to visit the grave mubarak of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and reading naats/durood and salam.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

but I heard hajj is hard-delays porblems etc should be expected

cant be easy for a city to manage millions of people flown in frm all over the world

Yeh but we have only been to ummrah and most of my families have been to ummrah a couple of times and they have always been delayed, I think Allah (swt) is testin ones patience and how much they want to visit the place.

Salaam

Hajj really was a mind blowing experience…....I’m glad you guys enjoyed my diary. (It’s heavily edited, cos some stuff I wrote was just TOO deep)

Everywhere I went I had my little notepad and pen with me…I wanted to capture every single moment so that whenever I re-read my diary I could somehow remember and feel as if I was there again….however, the above extracts only explain an ounce of how I felt….I couldn’t fully encapsulate the intensity of my feelings....I was always one the verge of tears there, everything used to just start me off...

One has to go there to fully know, feel and experience what the fuss is all about…people can only tell you so much.

I pray that whoever wants to go gets the chance to do so ASAP…

Wasalaam

muslim sister if only we were all like you. how wonderful you thought of keeping a diary and how kind and brave of you to share it.

May Allah grant you all that you seek

yes her diary was very moving and made us all cry

now can we put away the kleenex and get back to my Q pls

is there ANYONE who DON'T think that young/immature people shouldnt go to hajj?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
yes her diary was very moving and made us all cry

now can we put away the kleenex and get back to my Q pls

is there ANYONE who DON'T think that young/immature people shouldnt go to hajj?

Think why you want to go and then think why you dont want to go, and see what outweighs what and decide from there. I would love to do hajj but i know i am not "ready" yet so i would rather wait a few yrs yet.

i think u should go regardless. make du'a before going that u benefit from the experience and inshaAllah come back a stronger muslimah.
we take our life for granted nowadays, the sahabah used to live every day as though they could be dead the next. how do we know we'll be alive when the next Hajj comes around? in my humble opinion, we shouldnt delay doing good things.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

'ready or not here i come' that was what i said when i went cos i knew i had to take that leap when i had the time and money, who knew if i'd live to see another chance.

i'm a great believer in leaping before i look in such matters

the fact lilsis that you are even questioning going shows that you will have clear head when you go and you'll prepare because you already know it wont be a walk in the park

fact is my husband said he wasnt ready to go even on the plane there but i forced him to go and do you know what it was so easy for him and he got so much that he was ready to book the flight back soon as we got back. and he still gets tears of joy when he talks about his experience

If you aren't ready to go on the Hajj and appreciate it then don't go. Religion isn't one of those things you can just "go through the motions with" God isn't going to accept that.

If you decide not to you should seriously consider taking the money and donating to 1. A poor muslim so they can go on the Hajj, or 2. Any random charity you feel strongly about.

That way you aren't faced with the guilt of knowing you could afford it but didn't + you get God points.

When it comes to judgement day just before you are handed your book - wouldn't it be kinda cool to have 50 random people you have never met jump out and shout "Wait! I remember her - thanks to her I had something to wear during Britains worst winter"

Bam - book in right hand.

You said in the other thread you follow your head more than your heart - unfortunately from what yall tell me about the Hajj you have to follow your heart to [i]really[/i] make the trip.

Otherwise you are just on an interesting vacation.

Salaam

Slightly off the topic…In Hajj patience is SO unbelievably important. One has to put up with people bashing you, spitting on you, jacking your food/place of prayer…one has to put up with delays, cancellations….people throwing a fit over minor stuff.

Sometimes when your doing your tawaaf with thousands of people around you- some people decide to make a sajdah by Maqam e Ibraheem right in the middle of the Tawaaf that’s going on….so people who are doing Tawaaf and obviously cant stop trip up over them people who are praying in the middle of the Tawaaf circle.

Many times I found it so difficult to get out of the circle of tawaaf after I finished my seven rounds that I used to end up doing many more circulations around the Ka’bah just to get out.

But its understandable obviously it can’t be easy for a city to cater for millions of people from all over the globe at the same time…one should bear this in mind at all times…. and Hajj is all about Sabr after all…

Dad is short tempered and was always losing it….I remember when we were stoning the “devils” the scene was chaotic…it was so dangerous as 200 people had just been killed in the stampede….dad was covering me from behind so that I wasn’t struck by a stone…I had more then seven stones on me as a blind lady and an elderly lady had appointed me to stone the devils for them too. Dad was getting struck on the head with stones left, right and centre…he was calm for a bit but when this huge stone hit his head he lost it…he turned around and shouted at the person who hit him and said “Do I bloody look like the Shaytaan to you?!”…lol-some people had such bent aims.

It was also funny when people used to get a bit too carried in that place and instead of throwing small pebbles their chappals (shoes) used to go flying in….also when stoning the devils people need to realise that they’re not real devils….its just a symbolic statue…and one should say “bismillah” (I think) and blow it on the stone and throw it at the “devil”…but some people were swearing and giving it “Sala” (bloody or wretched-I think…) “Kuta” (dog) etc etc etc when throwing the stones at the “devils”.

Another time, I remember when I got shoved against the wall of the Kab’ah….I was pressed against it unintentionally…some Arab guard started to scream at me and was shouting at me to get away from the Ka’ba…I picked up “shirk” and “biddah” from his speech in Arabic….I knew what he was trying to say, but his accusations made me feel stubborn…firstly I wasn’t committing “shirk and biddah” and secondly I was shoved against the Ka’bah wall, I didn’t touch it on purpose….so I looked at him blankly and said to him very politely “Excuse me…I beg your pardon…I’m sorry I really don’t understand what you’re saying”…this just made him more angry….I knew that wouldn’t dare to touch me, so he couldn’t physically remove me….

Another thing…I had a massive appetite there….Usually I don’t really over-eat, but over there I was always ravished...the heat, Tawaaf, Safa/marwa, walks to mina etc left me always feeling hungry…I’d even happily eat parathe over there, even though parathe disgust me.

Hajj was top. Its definitely one of my fondest memories….

I just felt like posting that, but yeah carry one discussing when is the best age/time to do hajj.

Wasalaam

lol nice to hear your experience, any chance we can get the full story (every place you visited) obviously anythin personal cut out, god i am soo nosy.....but its so interestin the way you write it, it brings back memories

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Dad was getting struck on the head with stones left, right and centre…he was calm for a bit but when this huge stone hit his head he lost it…he turned around and shouted at the person who hit him and said “Do I bloody look like the Shaytaan to you?!”…lol-some people had such bent aims.

LOL.....no offence, but that was funny Lol

and the one about people cursing the stones....funny people....may Allah bless em lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Pages