Hajji LilSis?

103 posts / 0 new
Last post

Yikes

People aren't supposed to be robots - get outta there! lol the way you talk about science you definitely need to get into research.

What sort of work do you want to do with children that combines genetics? Childhood diseases or something of the like?

As for me three more years of law if I decide to go to law school next year, and five if I go for a doctorate in the letters of the law.

Definitely don't want to be a corrupt attorney though. I'd like to do prosecutorial work, especially in sex crimes.

Nobody really wants to do that because it's extremely depressing and people wonder if there is something wrong with you (why would anybody [i]want[/i] to be involved in rape cases and the like)

Unfortunately that presents an interesting problem because the most qualified lawyers get scared off into other branches of state law or they go into private law to make lots of money.

I dunno where it came from but I have a deep hatred of sex criminals that goes beyond anything a normal unconnected citizen should. I think it was from an internship where I met some victims a number of years back.

In any case I would like to do as much damage to them as possible, sort of like a personal army of angry huns descending upon a proverbial eastern europe.

Then either run for congress, governor or a judicial seat and lobby for way more stringent laws on sex criminals among other things.

But that's all in the future and i'm perfectly aware it's all subject to change at the drop of an unforseen and uncontrollable hat.

What sort of law does your brother do? And good lord you both are honors!?

Either I would like to do research for a cure in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (for those of you who don't know this, its a muscular disorder which causes deterioration in the protein which makes up the muscles) gradually the person can't move themselves, can't even lift their hands but the worst thing is their minds are fully functional, so say by the age of 18 (if they live that long) when they are supposed to be independant they are totally dependant on their parents, to feed them clothe them as they can't do anything themsleves Sad

The other disease that I really want to find a cure to is Ataxia Telangectasia (ATM, for short) this is more personal to me because my 2 young cousins died due to this disease both when they turned 10 and again the brain is not affected. It tortured me to see them because all they wanted to do was what normal kids did, run about play. This affects the nerve cells and again a person becomes fully dependant on parents, incapable of eating, drinking themsleves and eventually become wheelchair bound and even the slightest cold can kill them because their immune system has stopped functioning.

Sorry, what was the question again that you asked? Oh yeah I do want to go into research and then later on become a genetic councillor where I can council and monitor families to see what the chance is of them having a child with such ability. Don't get me wrong, I have love these kids but the pain the children and parents go through is beyond explanation.

My family never mention anything about genetics cause that sets me off and i go on and on about it Biggrin now I have you to torture lol.

I think prosecutorial work is great to get into I am always encouraging my bro, I hate those people who commit sex crimes, they are low life creatures and are worst than animals. I wanted to go into forensics for this reason, but I don't know if I am mentally and emotionally strong to see the dead bodies (I mean I can handle a normal dead body, I did an anatomy :? ) but messed up bodies and decayed thats another story :shock:

We need good people like you to set this world straight.

THROUGH LOVE all that is bitter will be sweet.
Through Love all that is copper will be gold.
Through Love all dregs will turn to purest wine.
Through Love all pain will turn to medicine.
Through Love the king will turn into a slave!

Yikes! you're a genuine superhero!

I've heard of ATM but Muscular Dystrophy I had a little more of a closer experience with. When I was a little kid one of my best friends mom had it and he was always active at school in drives for research money and such. I lost track of him over the years but I wonder what happened to him and his mother - I must have been 9 or 10 at the time and he was always so dire about her condition it makes me wonder if she really had much more time.

I don't understand genetics, lol and couldn't possible understand genetics, but after reading about the Human Genome Project a number of years back I really got an idea of just how complicated it is. So I definitely have a lot of respect for you to be able to have a grasp over the subject!

What I do understand, as a creature of politics, is the need for funding - it seems like research projects are always stretched for funds, even on top of government grants and what not. My friend when I was younger literally ran small crusades at school whenever there were drives for research money.

Funny how fast some kids have to grow up. - So in a way you are saving children and childhoods if you go the research route.

I REFUSE to post in his thread any further

"Constantine" wrote:
Ever come to a decision on your possible Hajj lilsis?

if daddy takes me I'm there

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

"Constantine" wrote:

lol... you make it sound like a trip to Busch Gardens

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

"Constantine" wrote:

koool, good 2 hear Smile

if daddy has a spare ticket, can i be there?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

"Constantine" wrote:

koool, good 2 hear Smile

u taking the mick outta me Hayder :evil:

we've always called him "daddy"...but when I'm in a mood with him he becomes just "dad"...and when we're being cheeky he becomes the "old man" :twisted:

wouldnt dare take the mick out of you

i value my life Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
wouldnt dare take the mick out of you

i value my life Smile

Yes.

Thats the way it should be. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Dirol

lol

no comment

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Ahlul Sheesha" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

"Constantine" wrote:

koool, good 2 hear Smile

I can fit into a suitcase (honestly practised fitting into small spaces in college durring frees, once got into this tiny cupbaord by holding my legs awkwardly and got cramp in my hips.) Hint Hint

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:

I can fit into a suitcase (honestly practised fitting into small spaces in college durring frees, once got into this tiny cupbaord by holding my legs awkwardly and got cramp in my hips.) Hint Hint

I'm a light traveller

ALSO I don't like to carry anything-waay to lazy like that :twisted:

Pages