Terror in Mumbai.

57 posts / 0 new
Last post

The Lamp wrote:
Dawud wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

Are you Malik in disguise?

That's weird, because I used to wonder if Malik was Omrow in an alter ego because he had such a similar style.

Where is Malik, by the way? I'm starting to miss him. Come back Malik!

Be careful what you wish for.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

You are missing a shiite?

Thats shite.

Omrow wrote:
You are missing a shiite?

Thats shite.

Thats just pure manure.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Come one, it's Eid!

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

There are always people who would make money from disasters.

Hollywood made 9/11 films. They cannot accuse Indians of bad taste.

Quote:

Bollywood rushes to make Mumbai Terror – the movie

Real life or a scene from a film? The former, but India's directors have heavily researched the Mumbai attacks, ready to go into production at the earliest opportunity

Rhys Blakely in Mumbai
The Times December 16, 2008

Bollywood may be famed for its relentless energy, but its rush to dramatise the terrorist attacks in Mumbai last month has caused public outcry.

In the days after the strikes, in which more than 170 died, 18 film titles on the theme of “Terror at the Taj” were registered with the Indian Motion Pictures Producers Association.

The first — 26/11 at Mumbai Operation — was applied for on November 28, when the Indian Army was still fighting heavily armed militant gunmen, room to room, in two luxury hotels. The producer behind it, Vijay Verma, of Salt and Pepper Entertainment, said that his script was ready and shooting was set to begin in a matter of weeks. “What happened must be brought before the public,” he said.

Whats the big hoohah?

Snarf!

What about when Benazir bhutao killed 180 pakis when she went back to pakistan?
Don't say she didn't.... she knew there was a threat and still wnet aahead with the parade!

What is this......... Paki blood is cheaper than Indian?

Even in the eyes of you pakis and bengys?

Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

applynamedmasalamasti wrote:
Whats the big hoohah?

Snarf!

What about when Benazir bhutao killed 180 pakis when she went back to pakistan?
Don't say she didn't.... she knew there was a threat and still wnet aahead with the parade!

What is this......... Paki blood is cheaper than Indian?

Even in the eyes of you pakis and bengys?

Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's highly inverted.

Benazir Bhuto and her supporters were repeatedly targeted by Pakistani jihadi cells responsible for killing perhaps the number you mentioned. Likewise Mumbai, targetted by Pakistani jihadi cells. Benazir Bhuto, if you want to blame her, is responsible for taking a fatal risk, but she is not responsible for the focused and malicious execution of those people.

You seem to think in 2d. Mentioning the obvious doesn't impress me. That is what I meant. I was pointing out the fact that the media response to both incidents was disproportionate.

Now you would take that, and ravel it in 2d and say the media responded the same way. What I mean is the projection of both incidents. Both were acts of terror and both killed the same amount, yet people feel more empathy towards Indians rather than the Pakis!

Muslim on Muslim terror is ok! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

J de V, I feel you’re very underhanded. I’d rather not talk to you anymore, unless, indeed you were man enough to say what you actually think instead of trickery! 

Now shoo along, back to Bangladesh!

By the way, mate, not everyone here is even from Bangaldesh, most are British. Just something you'll have to live with.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Don't deny your bengali! lol

AplySpicesHoneyMonster wrote:

Are you?

Well I'm not. Sorry if I spoiled your fun mate, if you join us I'm sure we'll find you other hobbies.

The Lamp wrote:

Well I'm not. Sorry if I spoiled your fun mate, if you join us I'm sure we'll find you other hobbies.

I have another hobby!
Your paki?

You haven't got enough! Come on, mate!

Does paki bashing count as a hobby?

No, that counts as a sad pastime. Come one, mate, you need a REAL hobby.

How about I call everyone mate? That'll be a hobby! Mate!

appplyyyy wrote:
How about I call everyone mate? That'll be a hobby! Mate!

LOL!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

India seen submitting to terrorism:

One more attack and it should be 365 days.

Its mostly the innocent people that pay.

Quote:

India seeks to soothe public with new terror law

The Indian government will rush a new law through parliament on Thursday that will allow police to hold suspects for up to 180 days, a move legal officials said is an attempt to allay public anger over the Mumbai attacks

But the Congress Party-led government, facing an election by May, could also be courting trouble by making the bill similar to an old law which it had repealed earlier.

The law was proposed amid barely contained public anger over last month's attacks in Mumbai which killed at least 179 people, exposing glaring holes in India's security and intelligence network and which led to the security minister's resignation. AFP

BBC: Amnesty criticises new terror law

Rights group Amnesty International has criticised India's proposed new anti-terror laws.

The new laws allow suspects to be detained without bail for up to six months on the orders of a judge and tighten other procedures.

Parliament has approved the new bills and they now require the president's approval before becoming law.

The legislation follows last month's attacks in the city of Mumbai which left more than 170 people dead.

Terrorists seem to be winning in East as well as West.

How do you muslim feels when these laws are brought in just for you?! You lot have less rights than the average human!! Deserved?!!

Minister in Mumbai police furore

India's government is under pressure to respond following a minister's controversial remarks over the killing of top officers in the Mumbai attacks.

Minority Affairs Minister AR Antulay suggested there could have been more to the deaths than just the militants.

Mumbai's anti-terrorism chief Hemant Karkare, who was among those killed, had been investigating suspected Hindu radical attacks in Maharashtra state.

Mr Antulay refused to confirm or deny he had submitted his resignation.

Mr Antulay's suggestion that the deaths could be linked to the investigation into the alleged Hindu radical attacks led to outrage among opposition politicians.

They said the minister's statement had embarrassed the country and they urged him to resign.

Read More @

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Police mistakes led to most innocent people killed in Mumbai attacks:

Indian Police "led victims to their deaths".

Conspiracy?

Quote:

Mumbai terror survivors blame police for deaths

By Andrew Buncombe, Independent, 21 December 2008

Survivors of the Mumbai terror attacks have accused police of causing the death of some of those trapped inside the Taj Mahal hotel by telling them it was safe to leave when armed militants were still at large. The fleeing guests were subsequently shot dead.

Dr Prashant Mangeshikar, a leading gynaecologist, had been trapped in the Taj Mahal hotel along with hundreds of other guests as the militants stormed into the 105-year-old building, spraying gunfire. He and scores other barricaded themselves into a room and waited.

In the early hours of the following morning, police reached the group and told them it was safe to leave the hotel because four militants had been cornered on a different floor. “I was suspicious that the police were sending these guys down a different route where the terrorists were supposed to be,” said Mr Mangeshikar. “I refused to move away and the people who ran ahead of me, 20 or 30 of them, all died.”

The allegation came as the attacked hotels, the Taj Mahal and the Trident-Oberoi, last night reopened amid heightened security. A prayer ceremony including Hindu chants and a reading from the Koran, marked its opening three weeks after the attacks. Around 32 guests and staff were killed by the gunmen.

For Mumbai, still shocked and bewildered, the reopening of the establishments will represent a symbolic yet important effort to move on from the attacks which killed 170. While hotel bookings have been down by 30 per cent, officials at the Trident said they had been inundated with inquiries. At today’s opening of the Trident-Oberoi, guests held pink roses and staff stood with folded arms, as Hindu, Christian, Muslim, Jewish and Buddhist prayers were read in the lobby.

“We are feeling sad as we are reminded of the events, but we are happy the hotel is open again,” Rashmi Mehra, a regular at the Frangipani restaurant, who lost a friend in the attacks. “We are going to see if we can get a table for lunch – we were told it’s fully booked.”

Part of the Taj Mahal hotel was also reopened. Up to 1,000 clients and guests were invited to a gala reception. Among the staff on duty was Karambir Singh Kang, a general manager at the hotel whose wife and two sons were killed by fire, trapped in their room on the sixth floor. All the while Mr Kang had worked to rescue other guests.

The claim by Mr Mangeshikar and others that some guests at the Taj Mahal hotel died because of the police action – denied by Mumbai officials – comes as India is trying to overhaul its counter-terrorism measures. Two bills, one to double the number of days suspects can be questioned without charge and another to establish an FBI-style agency, were passed last week.

A diplomatic stand-off continues between India and Pakistan. Indian authorities say the attacks were carried out by the Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT). While the authorities in Islamabad have arrested dozens of LeT members, India says Pakistan needs to do more before relations between the countries can be normalised. India’s Foreign Minister, Pranab Mukherjee, said today the country had provided enough evidence for Pakistan to act against those accused of the attacks. “Pakistan must co-operate. Mere talk is not enough. Pakistan has to act,” he said. In Pakistan, his counterpart, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, said: “We are ready for co-operation. God willing, we will co-operate because it is in the interest of Pakistan.”

Interpol 'not given Mumbai data'

The global police agency Interpol says India has not shared any information with it about last month's deadly attacks in Mumbai (Bombay).

Interpol secretary general Ronald Noble, who is in Islamabad, said its only knowledge of what happened had come from the media.

Pakistan also says it has had no firm information from Delhi.

India says Pakistani militants carried out the attacks, which left more than 170 people dead.

The attacks have severely strained relations between the two countries.

But on Tuesday, Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh dismissed talk of possible war with Pakistan.

"Nobody wants war," he told reporters. "The issue is terror - and territory in Pakistan being used to promote and abet terrorism."

Meanwhile, police in Indian-administered Kashmir say they have arrested three militants from Pakistan who were planning to launch suicide bomb attacks in the city of Jammu.

Mr Noble said in the Pakistani capital: "To date, India's government has not authorised India's police agencies to enter any data relating to the recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai into Interpol's databases.

"The information Interpol has about what happened in Mumbai is the same information that you have - it's information that was read in journals, that was read on the internet or that was seen on TV."

Mr Noble has said Interpol is willing to pass on DNA profiles, photos and fingerprints of the suspects worldwide.

He said it was Delhi's "sovereign choice" on whether to pass on evidence, but was confident more would be forthcoming.

"We are hopeful that it will happen very quickly. We've deployed a team there for that reason."

Read More @

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

So, India has not provided not evidence to anyone but themselves?

Are you saying, that the Indian Police have convinced themselves that
all of these 10 Mumbai attackers were all Pakis, and thats it, we are now going to war?

Is this not same as 9/11, when Washington said "we know exactly who
attacked New York; and therefore no one else needs to be told - bomb bomb bomb - war on terror."

Is this happening to India too?

Wow. I thought Indian Prime Minister Dr. Singh was wiser than President Bush.

Perhaps now and then he needs to take that
turban off, and let some air get to his brain.

Omrow

Indians warned to avoid Pakistan

India has advised its citizens against travelling to Pakistan as tension continues in the wake of last month's deadly attacks in Mumbai.

India's foreign ministry said travel was "unsafe" after reports Indians had been detained following recent bomb attacks in Pakistani cities.

Pakistani officials say the tension has meant scaling down military operations against militants and redeploying east.

The attacks on several targets in Mumbai left more than 170 people dead.

India blames militant groups based in Pakistan for the attacks. They and Pakistan's government deny any involvement.

Redeployment

The Indian foreign ministry statement follows recent bombings in the Pakistani cities of Lahore and Multan.

One woman was killed and four people injured on Wednesday in Lahore.

Media reports said a number of Indians were detained although this has not been officially confirmed.

Indian foreign ministry spokesman Vishnu Prakash said in Delhi there were reports the Indians were "being accused of being terrorists".

"Indian citizens are therefore advised that it would be unsafe for them to travel or be in Pakistan."

Earlier Pakistani officials said some "unannounced changes" had been made in the deployment of troops after Indian jets violated Pakistani air space on 12 December...

Read more @

Mumbai evidence given to Pakistan

India says it has handed to Islamabad evidence that links the deadly Mumbai attacks to "elements" in Pakistan.

Indian Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee called on Pakistan to act on the evidence and bring the perpetrators to justice.

The evidence is said to include the interrogation of the surviving gunman, details of phone conversations between the attackers and weapons information.

More than 170 people died when 10 gunmen attacked Mumbai in November.

India blames Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) for the attacks. LeT and the Pakistani government have denied any involvement.

Pakistan's government says it has received the Indian dossier and is reviewing its contents.

It had previously repeatedly said it was willing to co-operate in the investigation but that India had not shared its evidence.

Meanwhile, US Assistant Secretary of State Richard Boucher is in Pakistan for talks aimed at reducing tensions between the two neighbours...

Read More @

Well, its better than war...

Pages