Barack "Hussein" Obama II - 44th President of the United States

49 posts / 0 new
Last post

wednesday wrote:
Has anyone heard the irish Barak Obama anthem/song? Apraently he has irish decendancy but not too significant to really have and affect on anything except the irish patriots

Yes its is very funny!
O'Leary, O'Reilly, O'Hare and O'Hara
There's no one as Irish as Barack O'Bama

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

You wrote:
Chances that by next year - or if he is lucky, the year after - he will be the most reviled man in the whole world.

Either that or he'll be amazingl good.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

wednesday wrote:
Funzo, Biggrin oh, You've heard it!

Aye, Your damn right i have Biggrin

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

wednesday wrote:
Funzo wrote:
wednesday wrote:
Funzo, Biggrin oh, You've heard it!

Aye, Your damn right i have Biggrin

where did you hear it?

This morning in my politics lesson!
">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xkw8ip43Vk]

Link?

something i read which is supposed to link to Obama.....

"According to the tradition, Imam Ali Ibn Abi-Talib (the prophet's cousin and son-in-law) prophesied that at the End of Times and just before the return of the Mahdi, the Ultimate Saviour, a "tall black man will assume the reins of government in the West." Commanding "the strongest army on earth," the new ruler in the West will carry "a clear sign" from the third imam, whose name was Hussein Ibn Al."

wot do ppl think??? i dnt really think its true but wbu?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

fifi2008 you avatar pic don't make sense!!

x-fifi2008-x wrote:
something i read which is supposed to link to Obama.....

"According to the tradition, Imam Ali Ibn Abi-Talib (the prophet's cousin and son-in-law) prophesied that at the End of Times and just before the return of the Mahdi, the Ultimate Saviour, a "tall black man will assume the reins of government in the West." Commanding "the strongest army on earth," the new ruler in the West will carry "a clear sign" from the third imam, whose name was Hussein Ibn Al."

The above quote hasn't been sourced. It seems very likely that someone just made that up.

That someone is Amir Taheri.

Read a critique of Amir Taheri here:

Now, where are those prophesies about Obama being the anti-Christ?...

Anonymousss wrote:
fifi2008 you avatar pic don't make sense!!

It's pretty straightforward, it suggests he's lucky to be born Muslim. I have no idea about that prophecy he mentions though. It's funny when people get superstitious or put their faith in a prophecy like that - the most unhinged people in any religion, and some who should know better. Funny until people work in a more proactive angle to bring about apocalypse/promote their politics/claim a victory for their religion.

It's great that America has a black president. I'm with Admin waiting uncertainly to see what Obama does now apart from being black. He'll be more diplomatic for most (but not all) Muslim governments, although I suspect some of that in the greater scheme will start to seem duplicitous, because Syria for example isn't very likely to institute the reforms that would keep that relationship smooth, and however much America might reign Israel in, they won't cross over to the "destroy them" side, and the Muslim states crossing over to the "peaceful reconciliation" side is... it would be a great legacy for Obama's presidency.

i ddnt ask to be a muslim, i just go lucky- y doesnt it make sense?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

J de V aka TG100 wrote:
I'm with Admin waiting uncertainly to see what Obama does now apart from being black.

What, do you mean that he has to do something else?

I suspect that he will take the clinton route of doing great speeches. However, the bad state of the economy may force him to do more.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Does everyone here still remember the whole rap? I certainly do :oops:

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
Does everyone here still remember the whole rap? I certainly do :oops:

Yep! Biggrin

And who'd ever think that Uncle Phil would do the voice of Shredder in Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Uncle Phil hey. Biggrin That brings back memories. That is one show which still makes me laugh when I watch it over. I think Will Smith is good in person when he's being funny, but his music and movies are IMO not very good at all. :?

Anyway, re. the topic, I hate to be cynical but I don't think Obama would have won if he had been all black.

R.E to the whole Obama issue.. i'm blank about the whole Uncle Phil thing :S

We can't really critise him yet, because he hasn't shown if he'll honour his promises to America and the world basically.
I know he'll be taking troops out of Iraq *wahay* but putting more in Afganistan, but i guess it's a start??
I do personally like him, atleast from what i've heard from his speechs etc... *Yes We Can* Pardon
The fact that the USA voted him in is a major achievement for them, i thought him being black would have been the reason he lost!!.. but he won by a landslide, which is pretty awesome Pardon

(that's my lil opinion.. i know NOTHING about politics)

I think either him or his aide has said that he'll delay his tax cut on low and middle earners.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Pages