Barack "Hussein" Obama II - 44th President of the United States

im shocked nobody has got anything to say about obama becoming president!!!!

So...is obama Muslim?

Does it matter?

He's black- whats teh big deal?

how will he change anything?

is he still not pro- israel like all american presidents?

what do or should the muslims expect from him?

is he living proof that anything can be acheive dif u put ur mind n effort to it?

is obama the beginning of the end of the race divide in the USA?

is obama the next potential Malcolm X/ Martin Luther?

have your say..............

1, Obama is not Muslim, even though his middle name sounds Muslim. This is one of the issues that has angered the Muslim people in America, because he has been denying that he is a Muslim as though it is a plague. Only Colin Powell has hit back with 'so what if he is Muslim?'. John McCain's pathetic contribution to the allegations was: 'He is not a Muslim, he is a decent man'...as though the two were mutually exclusive.

2, America electing a black president is a truly momentous time in history, considering the fact that it is the only predominantly white country in the world that has selected a president from a minority which makes up only 13% of it's population.

3, With regards to American policies, I don't believe it will make a huge difference, as that really takes a long time to happen. However, it will be refreshing to have a president who is intelligent, articulate/well-spoken, and is likely to be much better received by Europe and the rest of the world.

I am happy he has been elected. I hope he is able to live up to the hype and drive through changes which help the American people, and protect the human rights of the people around the world, especially Iraq, Afgahnistan and Palestine.

dark^knight wrote:

it is the only predominantly white country in the world that has selected a president from a minority which makes up only 13% of it's population.

What are you on about? Britain had a Jewish Prime Minister almost 100 years ago.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

wednesday wrote:
Is it just an american dream for him, or alot more?

There are soooo (times infinity)many expectations from him, how is he gna keep up with them? Because if he doesn't do one thing correct, according to the public/his fans... he'll be disowned! it's a very unsatble situation, but the fact that he has to be nice to everyone, is an ineteresting concept!

Yeah...*ahem*.

I see now why you told me to cut down the politics Blum 3

dark^knight wrote:
John McCain's pathetic contribution to the allegations was: 'He is not a Muslim, he is a decent man'...as though the two were mutually exclusive.

McCain was asked if Obama was an arab, he answered, "No, he's a decent family man..." As far as I know, he never said anything about him being/not being a Muslim.

I just remembered, a couple of years ago McCain was a part of the select committe that led the McCain/Gold reforms on campaign finance. That's if I remember correctly. It wowuld be interesting to see if that was observable in his campaign.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

If you'd have asked me if a black person would ever become President of the USA, I'd have laughed in your face

yes
history has been made
but
what will obama do?
nothing
he'll just be like all the other presidents before him

Wowwwwwwwww!!!!

I think it's amazing that Barack Obama has won the election. Wahaaayyyyyyy!! A black president. Blum 3

I wasn't ever sure I'd live to see the day America elected a black President. I'm glad I have. It's happened a lot sooner than I thought it would. I couldn't help but smile when I found out this morning. It makes me feel kinda hopeful in a way and really pleased that loads of white people voted for him. I think it's an amazing day. I heard one elderly black lady say on the news that she could now tell her grandchildren that they could, if they wanted, be president - I feel really happy for all those people.

And now I just pray that Muslims all around the world don't suffer for it, as the plan seems to be to pull troops out of Iraq and into Afghanistan and Pakistan instead, in the hunt for Osama.

Oh and I have to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Seal's cover of Sam Cooke's song A Change Is Gonna Come. What an amazing soundtrack to such an historic event.

PS - I don't think a female president is very far off.

PPS - And thank God George Bush will be out of our faces. Good riddance.

Hey I made a topic called Enter Barack, but SOMEONE deleted it! Grrrrrrr! As there is quite a bit of power seperation in America, he's gonna have to get his policies through quickly before the Republicans start blocking his legislation.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Oh and I have to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Seal's cover of Sam Cooke's song A Change Is Gonna Come. What an amazing soundtrack to such an historic event.

You might like seal but i prefer Heidi Klum. lol. Biggrin jus messin.

Anyway back to the topic it's great that Baeack Obama won the election and defenatly thank god bush is gone. The american people and the rest of the plant have suffered alot. But i think Hilery Clinton would have made an exellent running mate. That way th US could have had the first black president and the fist female vice president.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

If you were that desperate to have a female vice-president then you might as well've voted John McCain and SARAH PALIN!

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Arabs are already upset at Obama for selecting Rahm Emanuel, who I think is a good guy.

However, Arabs do not trust a hard core Jew, and say that he hates muslims.
They fear he will now control Obama's entire cabinet.

Senetor Obama has chosen this gentleman as his
team leader, whom the BBC claimed yesterday has links to Israel:

He was a soldier in the Israeli Army.

Palestinians are greatly disappointed with President Obama.

Rahm Emanuel

As he prepares to take office, President-elect Barack Obama is relying on a small team of advisers who will lead his transition operation and help choose the members of a new Obama administration. Following is part of a series of profiles of potential members of the administration.#

Name: Rahm Emanuel

Being considered for: White House Chief of Staff

Would bring to the job: An unusual hybrid of high-level experience as a top adviser to President Bill Clinton together with proven expertise as a Congressional leader and political strategist. Mr. Emanuel is also a close friend of Mr. Obama, a fellow Chicagoan.

As the No. 4 Democrat in the House and an architect of the Democratic majority, Mr. Emanuel knows Congress from the inside out after winning his seat in 2002. In the Clinton administration, he was aggressive, frequently profane and instrumental in shaping domestic policy on issues like health care, welfare and trade.

He earned the nickname Rahmbo for his determination and take-no-prisoners approach — an advantage when trying to bring a thorny issue to resolution, but a style that can be off-putting to those accustomed to gentility. Mr. Obama might also decide to keep Mr. Emanuel on Capitol Hill to protect his flank, and the Democratic House majority. Should he resign his seat, Mr. Emanuel would be relinquishing a promising House career and aspirations to become speaker.

Is linked to Obama by: His Second City roots (Mr. Emanuel represents a slice of the north side of Chicago and adjoining suburbs) and his ties to the family of Mayor Richard M. Daley, which has been a source of support, guidance and experience for Mr. Emanuel, who was initially known for his fund-raising skills.

Mr. Obama has been close to Mr. Emanuel since arriving on Capitol Hill; Mr. Emanuel considers David Axelrod, Mr. Obama’s chief strategist, to be one of his closest friends. The three share a common policy view and would make a formidable triumvirate in the White House. Mr. Emanuel found himself under pressure during the Democratic presidential primaries to back Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, given his relationship with her husband. But he stayed neutral and ultimately endorsed Mr. Obama.

In his own words: “We’re going to put in front of the American people the fundamental question of this election: Who’s going to change the economic policies in Washington that resulted in a lower standard of living for middle-class families?” From an Obama campaign conference call with reporters on Sept. 12, 2008.

Used to work as: An investment banker for three years after leaving the White House and before being elected to the House. He banked $16 million while handling mergers and acquisitions with an emphasis on utilities. In his youth, Mr. Emanuel badly cut a finger on a meat slicer while working at an Arby’s. The wound became infected, and he lost half of the middle finger on his right hand. The shortened digit is something of a trademark.

Carries as baggage: Mr. Emanuel’s stint in high finance and his experience in the banking world opens him to some criticism of being too allied with Wall Street, not the image Democrats want to cultivate these days. Critics have asserted he was only able to succeed in the banking world because of his political connections. Since he is part of the Daley circle, Mr. Emanuel’s appointment as chief of staff could also create the appearance of a White House that is too Chicago heavy. His manner can also create enemies, and Mr. Emanuel has ruffled the feathers of many on Capitol Hill, particularly black and Hispanic lawmakers.

Is otherwise known for: Training as a ballet dancer. And his brother, Ari Emanuel, a Hollywood agent, is the model for the abrasive agent Ari Gold in the HBO series “Entourage.”

Biography includes: Born Nov. 29, 1959, in Chicago ... liberal arts degree from Sarah Lawrence College, masters from Northwestern ... married to Amy Rule, three children ... a regular swimmer and a voracious reader, using his hours aboard airplanes to consume books ... served briefly as a civilian volunteer on an Israeli military base during the Persian Gulf war of 1991.

Like anything, he has his advantages and his disadvantages.

Organic

Omrow wrote:
He was a soldier in the Israeli Army.

Read the article you posted. It says Emanuel "served briefly as a civilian volunteer on an Israeli military base". He was in the Israeli equivalent of the TA.

More Gareth from The Office than Rambo.

Does that mean Obama is against the Iraq war?

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

xSmurfy786x wrote:

It means that he want to move troops from Iraq to Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Obama campaigned against the war in Iraq. He says he will begin to withdraw troops from there.

But he will most likely increase the number of American troops in Afghanistan.

Ya'qub wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:

:O Omg Really?? But whyy?

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:

OBL.

Ya'qub wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:

OBL.

Is Obama gonna chase after Ladin aswell?

wednesday wrote:

Doesn't everyone just LOVE american politics?!

No?

Noor wrote:
thats the plan

so whys everyone happy that Obama is elected when hes gonna be sending troops through PK and Afganistan? Why would Ladin hide there anyways? he would go to an not-so-well-known country such as Uzbekistan or sumthing.. these Americans are truly crazyy

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Noor wrote:
thats the plan

so whys everyone happy that Obama is elected when hes gonna be sending troops through PK and Afganistan? Why would Ladin hide there anyways? he would go to an not-so-well-known country such as Uzbekistan or sumthing.. these Americans are truly crazyy

Maybe he'll go to Sheffield!

Ya'qub wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:
Noor wrote:
thats the plan

Maybe he'll go to Sheffield!

oooooo imagine thatt haha Lol

xSmurfy786x wrote:
Noor wrote:
thats the plan

so whys everyone happy that Obama is elected

A word comes to mind.

Starts with "m" and ends with "orons".

I would have much preferred McCain as the next prez of the free world.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
xSmurfy786x wrote:
Noor wrote:
thats the plan

so whys everyone happy that Obama is elected

A word comes to mind.

Starts with "m" and ends with "orons".

I would have much preferred McCain as the next prez of the free world.

hahaahahahahaha

I think obama was over rated
Im glad a black man got in
but
doesnt mean hes going to be amazing

Americans were ignorant enough to vote a man who couldn't put two words together without a machine prompting him, so they'd be ignorant enough to vote in a man based entirely on his race. What a pathetic CV credential. I am black vote me in, i have no experience but vote me in anyway.

Yes he is very articulate but beneath all those flowery words he's no different then many other presidents. It's clear he supports and recognizes Israel, so why should muslims think he's a wonderful man, and this is day we should celebrate? Should we celebrate the fact that a black man has made it as a president against all odds, without bearing in mind he pledged to attack the Pakistani borders as soon as he gained power?

Concerning him being a Muslim. American society may have voted in a Black president, but i suspect racism is still a huge problem over there. Not that it's not an issue in the UK i just believe its more of a large scaled issue over there. Example before he was even voted in there was smear campaign against him. He had to deny he was muslim many times. When colin powel had the courage so say so what if he is muslim? Barrack with all his great vocab couldn't conjure up those words. His denial is such that it seems as if he is racist against muslims himself, and it reflects the level of racism against muslims in America right now. You'd think being a black man he'd recognize the discrimination and pledge to help get rid of this, with the hope he was getting thousands of muslims to vote him also? Well you'd be wrong! He may not despise them but in the interests of winning, muslims represent a small proportion of votes compared with the white american voters, hence the muslims must be ignored to make the win, and gain acceptance amd trust from Americans at large.

Regarding him being muslim, he claims he is a Christian and has been for many years. But I read a lengthy times article about his upbringing. His father was kenyan muslim. His mother Atheist/ His second father resided in Indonesia. He attended both muslim and christian schools as kid, but mainly muslim. He;d attended jummah sometimes. Most likely he is a christian today but was muslim when he was younger. His name is taken from his kenyan father so there's the muslim link. Other than that today he's a christian, unless he's undercover,which i doubt.

Not so sure about the picture but interesting article:

P.s Oprah Winfrey backed obama and promoted him whenever she got a chance. This may sound like nothing but Oprah is considered a Queen of chat show hosts in the Usa, she is known internationally too. I actually admire her, and used to watch a lot of her shows, but there is a lot of rubbish on the show too not all intellectual. Anyway she has a power to effect her audiences, she has die hard followers even those who do Oprah worship hang on her every word. Join my bookclub, do what doctor phil says, keep a spiritual diary, ppl flock in their millions to buy her books and fill out their journals because she orders it. I truly believe many Americans were swayed by her support for him, and i mean white Americans, because Black Americans were ready to vote for him without endorsement from Oprah or anyone else. Mccain didn't stand a chance with Palin. Obama had a billionaire backing him and colin powell, and all he could muster was a beauty pageant who still believes she is one spending campaign money like a teeny bop.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

This black man, also supports redistrubution and he's anti Guantanamo. He IS the least bad candidate.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

As someone who was not really in favour of Obama, I say lets give him a chance.

Chances that by next year - or if he is lucky, the year after - he will be the most reviled man in the whole world.

But lets allow him to get there before casting judgement.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages