69 posts / 0 new
Last post

:doubt:

Has some1 been deleting my posts... :shock:

:x

Back in BLACK

wednesday wrote:
Courage wrote:

I listen to optimistic stuff, use a punch bag and make myself a cup of tea. That always helps!

You have a punch bag? I want a punch bag!! Now that really helps!

When I say punch bag, what I actually mean is my big jacket that hangs from the door.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Seraphim wrote:
Im a lil surprised no one said meditate or something.

The Jedi learn to keep things in perspective. A way of aknowledging reality but not to the expense of the present or without letting it get to you.

MEDITATE!!!
Were not hindus you know.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

big bro wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

The Jedi learn to keep things in perspective. A way of aknowledging reality but not to the expense of the present or without letting it get to you.

MEDITATE!!!

Where's my *slaps forehead out of utter desperation* smily when I need it?

Buddhists meditate.

Hindus are vegetarian.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

:? I know a girl who is hindu but eats big macs

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

big bro wrote:
:? I know a girl who is hindu but eats big macs

I know a guy who is Muslim but watches Pussycat Dolls videos.

Go figure.

Hindu's also meditate, the monks do anyway.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

big bro wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

MEDITATE!!!

You dont have to be hindu to meditate.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
big bro wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

MEDITATE!!!

thank you

didn't our prophet pbuh meditate?
yes he did

I cannot meditate
too many thoughts come to my mind
I can NEVER empty my mind
I would be bad at occlumency...

Ya'qub wrote:
I don't care how sad this makes me appear, but Fly Like a Bird by Mariah Carey is a pretty brilliant song, for lifting spirits.

Yes! That is a really good track. Smile Not as good as her Make It Happen from back in the day. I LOVE that song. Not to particularly listen to when I'm down but just think they're good songs.

I have to say that normally when I'm peed off I listen to music. It's always the same few albums, they're just really mellow chilled out tunes which calm me down and for a while make me forget about things.

But this thread has made me realise that I haven't really had a bad day in ages, bad moments yes but not really bad days. Alhamdulillah. Gosh I take so much for granted, I'm surprised at how ungrateful I can be.

Since my bad moments nearly always are at home I'll just stick my headphones in or eat junk or do both.

Recently though it was nearing salah time so I thought I'm just gonna make wudu slowly and then read Surah Yaseen a few times until prayer time and before I knew it I was just fine and ready to get on with the rest of the day. Without salah I would have moped about all day and literally and deliberately wasted the day.

i take a hot bath followed by hot chocolate mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
by the end im too chilld out to care about why i was upset.

When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it is not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

Saniyah wrote:
Omrow wrote:
But dont you think that its better not to make your mother worry more.

Why burden her further?

Mothers are very intuitive-if i come home depressed or feeling like crap, my mum would immediately know something is wrong no matter how hard I try to hide it and from that point onwards it would also be on her mind, but the point I was trying to make is that others will just think of your problems as being petty whereas from your mum you'd get the sympathy you're looking for and sometimes you just want to rant and unload all your problems and in my case my mum is the person to do that to.

Your mum is the man!

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

what if you're having a bad day everyday, what then?

Listen to simple plan- welcome to my world?
or cry everyday like me, lol.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:

You cry everyday? Dunno how you manage it.

Absorb and repress seems to work wonders.

Back in BLACK

Noor wrote:

Some days are bound to be less bad than others.
Stick with happy upbeat people. They tend to Ooooze positivity.

Back in BLACK

Funzo wrote:

is that a song? :?

wednesday wrote:
Isn't it fascinating how listening and reading that soemone is sad, and you feel down right stupid cos you can't do anything except provide sympathy? (it's acceptable but it just makes the other person, just sigh and thats it?)

Then do somethng about it.

Back in BLACK

I NO!
LISTEN 2:

Do u rememba?
by Delta GOODREM
or
LOW,
by Flo Rida

or punch ur bros
always wux

go 4 walks wid ur m8s :o
best of luck, wid wateva it is!

mwah!
u r a gal, aren't u???????
sorry, i'm not very familiar wid muslim names!

Seraphim wrote:
big bro wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

MEDITATE!!!

Technically, isn't Dhikr meditating? You're concentrating and focusing on Allah.

Noor wrote:

Try something new, that you've never done before. It doesn't need to be very adventurous... maybe join a organisation/club or volunteer for a charity event. You'll meet new people and, even if it doesn't sort our your problems, at least it'll give you something to take your mind off them.

If you don't like your situation: Change it! Anyone can: I was having a crap time in my job, so I quit (fair enough if you're in college or still living at home it can be more difficult for a racical change - but you can still change the small things.

Don't worry about things you have no control over - that is Allah's plan. Try to change things that you have the power to; no matter how small it can make a big impact on your overall happiness, insha'Allah.

Read Surah Shrah (94), it is very beautful. It says:

"Surely with hardship there is relief.
Surely with hardship there is relief."
[verses 5-6]

The word 'hardship' (al-'ushri) has 'the' before it, while the word 'relief' (yusra) doesn't.

If I said "the table is round, the table is brown" it would mean I was talking about the same table.
If I said "a table is round, a table is brown" then I could be talking about two different tables.

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said that two 'reliefs' will always overcome one 'hardship'. So an interpretion could be:

"Surely with [each] hardship is [a] relief.
Surely with [each same] hardship is [another form of] relief."

Imaani wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
I don't care how sad this makes me appear, but Fly Like a Bird by Mariah Carey is a pretty brilliant song, for lifting spirits.

Yes! That is a really good track. Smile Not as good as her Make It Happen from back in the day. I LOVE that song. Not to particularly listen to when I'm down but just think they're good songs.

:shock: Imaani, I thought you were so innocent!

If you're talking about back int the day, how about Waterfalls by TLC Biggrin ?

My interpretation/translation says:

"Surely, with EVERY difficulty there is relief."

Courage wrote:

I think that's because the translator is incorporating the hadith I mentioned.

The literal translation word for word is "with the difficulty/hardship relief".

Courage wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
big bro wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

MEDITATE!!!

Technically, isn't Dhikr meditating? You're concentrating and focusing on Allah.

Good point. It helps clear my head.

Back in BLACK

Noori wrote:
Funzo wrote:

is that a song? :?

Yes.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Ya'qub wrote:
Courage wrote:

I think that's because the translator is incorporating the hadith I mentioned.

The literal translation word for word is "with the difficulty/hardship relief".

but how do you get the hardship with the relief?

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

Pages