Productive Discussions

40 posts / 0 new
Last post

That was is my second post.
I said each person should have no more than five posts on a particular subject.
This should make a persno think before posting and really make it productive. No?

Omrow wrote:
This should make a persno think before posting and really make it productive. No?

OOOh... 5 posts for each PERSON (and Seraph), not 5 posts for each topic

See, I do.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:

Careful not to let this good intention go to waste, we must be.

Was that deliberately Yodaish?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Courage wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
LMAO, goood goood Naz.
Give in to your hate.
Take your weapon... strike me down and your journey to the darkside will be complete

mwhahahaha

UNLIMITED POWER!!!

lol

Use the Force, Naz! Use the Force!

Lol dont tempt me

Ya'qub wrote:
'Accidentally fall'... a likely story.

If there was a large gust of wind, then perhaps all, or at least MOST, of the bottles might fall (depending on how full they were with water/alcohol/liquid mercury).

But just ONE at a time? I don't believe it for a second. In my humbe opinion someone is firing a pellet gun at a row of bottles, and singing an 'innocent song' to cover it up.

So now on to Puff the Magic Dragon - another 'innocent' children's song or dangerous propganda about drugs to warp our little kiddies' fragile little minds?

I conquer. Most nusery rhymes are a cover up or have double hidden meanings which are not so hidden when you think about it. Take for example
Hey! Rub-a-dub-dub! Ho! Rub-a-dub-dub! Three men in a tub,
And who do you think were there?
The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker,
And all of them gone to the fair!

Anybody that read that would automtically ask what were the 3 men doing in the tub. Astafirullah!

@Omrow sorry ive broken the rules of this thread, i think ive posted more then 5 posts (the Seraph is to blame for that :badgrin: ) and we didnt really reach a conclusion. I will try to stick to 5 posts on one subject.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Funzo wrote:
MuslimSister wrote:

I taught my new class "Ta la al badru alayna" the other day. They picked it up really quickly.

mashallah thats awesome! record it!

Lol. I'd love to but wouldnt know how to..

My old class learnt the above nasheed and the Qasidah Burdah Shareef...unfortunately, I'm resigning from my post this week so I wont be with this class long enough to teach them more nasheeds..

Kids love singing...and lame, repetitive primary songs get me so irritated.

Omrow wrote:

Restricting 5 posts per person limits the exchanging of thoughts, ideas and views. What is the point of visiting a forum if we are limited in what we can say?

What should be emphasised is learning how to be more concise and succint in our writing, and avoid idle chit-chatter. My teenage brother reminded me recently that the Sahabas would count on their fingers the amount of words they used in a week. :shock: Im the first to point out that Im not the best when it comes to this :doubt: , but I'll serve it as a reminder to myself foremost, then to everyone else.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Salam

Amal wrote:

Restricting 5 posts per person limits the exchanging of thoughts, ideas and views.
What is the point of visiting a forum if we are limited in what we can say?

The point is that people wont babble on and on if
its clear that they have to get their point across within 5 psots.

Any debate has to have time limits. No?

And since here we cannot place time limit here,
I though it necessary to place a limit of five posts to make your views clear.

Moreover, I thought that an intelligent lady, like your goodself, would not demand 500?

Anyway, back to the subject:

This is a serious discussion thread.

Please do not violate the rules and star fooling around.

Naz has realised this, and, therefore, perhaps she will benefit from a fruitful debates.

Muslim Sister has derailed the first bottle subject. I dont know why she did this.

Perhaps she can speak for herself?

Omrow

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Amal wrote:

Restricting 5 posts per person limits the exchanging of thoughts, ideas and views.
What is the point of visiting a forum if we are limited in what we can say?

The point is that people wont babble on and on if
its clear that they have to get their point across within 5 psots.

Any debate has to have time limits. No?

And since here we cannot place time limit here,
I though it necessary to place a limit of five posts to make your views clear.

Moreover, I thought that an intelligent lady, like your goodself, would not demand 500?

Anyway, back to the subject:

This is a serious discussion thread.

Please do not violate the rules and star fooling around.

Naz has realised this, and, therefore, perhaps she will benefit from a fruitful debates.Muslim Sister has derailed the first bottle subject. I dont know why she did this.

Perhaps she can speak for herself?

Omrow

I have indeed. Someone needs to put up an interesting topic. My brain is turning into mush. I need to think and apply. Well as seen as its your thread why dont you start us off.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Salam

This is not my thread.

Anyone can start any new productive discussion.

Rule is simple:

Ignore the hijackers. Keep to the subject, and, make your stance clear in five or less posts.

Ofcourse, you may reply to more than one topic in one
single post, and, therefore, manage to discuss many subjects simultaneously.

Please begin a topic or take part in one only if the discussion really interests you.

Otherwise just watch.

When done, say done.

Use other threads, especially the designer label "NO TOPIC", for all your unproductive gossip and chats.

You can use this thread as one to one discussion, or one to many type set up. I want to take on Yaqub first.

Omrow

Pages