Productive Discussions

Salam

I noticed that on page 33 of the NO TOPIC thread one member
complained about to seeing too many marbles on the floor.

Therefore, I thought that we need a productive area in order to... well, produce things.

Please use it wisely. Keep things short, and get to the point.

Also, do not babble on so many different things. Stick to the subject you are discussing. Others who wish to join the topic should help one side only and not hijack the discussion to new areas. And after about 4 or five posts, you should either agree, or end the discussion by agreeing to disagree.

Remember, this is not appreaching thread.

This Productive Topic may be used by members who want to talk about things that are really important to them.

Lets see we can produces...

Omrow

You know the song about green bottles, "there were 10 green bottles standing on the wall". Well why 10 GREEN bottles? Why not 10 Brown bottles?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Salam

Naz. Its a way of brainwashing kids to think green and protect the environment.

However, some say, its to help them to learn to count. I disagree.

Omrow

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Naz. Its a way of brainwashing kids to think green and protect the environment.

However, some say, its to help them to learn to count. I disagree.

Omrow

walikum asalaam
hmmm very interesting. What is it that you disagree with, the colour green representing the environment or using the bottles to help them count?

he disagrees that it helps them learn how to count.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

oh right. Well in that case what if there weren’t 10 bottles but 10 marshmallows (halal of course) would that help them count?

maybe but if marshmallows fall than you can easily pick them up but if a bottle falls than it would be broken.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Not necessarily. If the marshmellow is dropped then there is a very good chance that the child will pick up the marshmellow and gobble it up.

Naz wrote:
Not necessarily. If the marshmellow is dropped then there is a very good chance that the child will pick up the marshmellow and gobble it up.

thats irrelavant it just says that there is 10 bottles bottles break if they fall guaranteed but marshmallows theres a chance of them being eaten.

Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:

thats irrelavant it just says that there is 10 bottles bottles break if they fall guaranteed but marshmallows theres a chance of them being eaten.

no its not. As Omrow said the bottles serve the purpose of helping the child learn its numbers. Now if one bottle (if its made out of glass) does fall then it will break therefore leaving 9 bottles. Now if we apply this to the marshmellow situation then when the marshmellow does fall then the child will eat it leaving only 9.

Now the real question is how does one help the child to learn their numbers without giving them decay or possbily getting hurt by the broken glass? hmmmm

Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:

no its not. As Omrow said the bottles serve the purpose of helping the child learn its numbers. Now if one bottle (if its made out of glass) does fall then it will break therefore leaving 9 bottles. Now if we apply this to the marshmellow situation then when the marshmellow does fall then the child will eat it leaving only 9.

Now the real question is how does one help the child to learn their numbers without giving them decay or possbily getting hurt by the broken glass? hmmmm

but some children might not eat the marshmallow but if the bottle falls it WILL break see the difference, naz give it up.

No, but if the bottle falls, depending on the size of the wall, and the thickness of the glass (or even the material the bottle is made of) the bottle may not break! Wink

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

Young Anonymous Muslimah wrote:
No, but if the bottle falls, depending on the size of the wall, and the thickness of the glass (or even the material the bottle is made of) the bottle may not break! Wink

True, however the common held belief is that once the bottle has fallen it has infact broken as you can nolonger count it.

Back in BLACK

Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:

but some children might not eat the marshmallow but if the bottle falls it WILL break see the difference, naz give it up.

Kids will eat anything that contains sugar in it. Try it, get a child and stick a marshmellow in front of it see hwat it does. This whole 10 bottle thing has been going through my mind all day, it was very distracting when i ws interviewing my clients. I need to get it out of my system.

exactly, factors like this need to be considered. If such factors were present at the time the bottle fell well then they dont serve the purpose of helping the child learn its numbers because the child can pick the bottle back up and place it on the wall so again there are 10 bottles when i fact there should be 9.

Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:

Kids will eat anything that contains sugar in it. Try it, get a child and stick a marshmellow in front of it see hwat it does. This whole 10 bottle thing has been going through my mind all day, it was very distracting when i ws interviewing my clients. I need to get it out of my system.

exactly, factors like this need to be considered. If such factors were present at the time the bottle fell well then they dont serve the purpose of helping the child learn its numbers because the child can pick the bottle back up and place it on the wall so again there are 10 bottles when i fact there should be 9.

but Naz, its the song that teaches kids to count, not the actual event! (if it ever took place!)

What good is the song. Its easier for the child to see the bottles falling then for them to imigaine them falling. Seeing them in real life would make it easier and guarantee they dont muddle up their numbers.

agggh this is really stressin me out now. Someone talk about something else. I need to take my mind off this whole 10 bottle thing.

Okay lets talk about a 100 bottles?

:badgrin:

Back in BLACK

you still talking about bottles?

Naz, don't get stressed about it,
its only a song!
just don't think too deeply into it, and you'll be fine! Biggrin

wednesday wrote:
MAN do i have to explain everything here? Blum 3

Most rhymes have a gorey background, and the 10 green bottle rhyme is not gore but more of a slums thing... back in the old days, ppl couldn't afford school and stuff so the cleverest spent time with the young ones and taught em stuff they knew some how... and green bottles cos alcohol use to be sold in those bottles... does everything fall in its correct place now?

or so i'm told!

but you still have kids in 21st century Britain singing that song and it serves no purpose.

Naz, don't get stressed about it,
its only a song!
just don't think too deeply into it, and you'll be fine! Biggrin

I cant help it, i think deep lol.

Okay thats it no more talk of bottles full stop. Yeah Seraphim im talking to you. One more word about any kind or quantity of bottles and im gonna lunge that knife into you and i dont care about getting blood on the carpet Blum 3

I guess the bottle is half full :shock:

you wouldnt have the bottle for it? :badgrin:

Wink

Back in BLACK

Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:

Naz your point is invalid some children are taught that if a marshmallow falls on the floor they shouldnt eat it well thats what i was taught.

Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:

Naz your point is invalid some children are taught that if a marshmallow falls on the floor they shouldnt eat it well thats what i was taught.

No its not. I was taught the same and alot of children are but when their parents arent looking or there is no one around to tell them off they will pick it up and eat it. Get a kid from somewhere and try it. Seriously im not joking.

Seraphim wrote:
I guess the bottle is half full :shock:

you wouldnt have the bottle for it? :badgrin:

Wink

Right im gonna give you a 10 second head start.

1,2...10 ready or not here i come :badgrin:

LMAO, goood goood Naz.
Give in to your hate.
Take your weapon... strike me down and your journey to the darkside will be complete

mwhahahaha

UNLIMITED POWER!!!

lol

Back in BLACK

Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:
Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:

No its not. I was taught the same and alot of children are but when their parents arent looking or there is no one around to tell them off they will pick it up and eat it. Get a kid from somewhere and try it. Seriously im not joking.

okay forget there is ever a kid there marshmallows can be picked up again bottles cant end of story! fin i said fin woman!

Green bottles on the wall...

This song and every other number primary school song gives me a headache.

These number songs are often used to teach kids addition/subtraction...they never work though.

Teaching them via the means of sweets is more effective...but yeah, they do end up eating them. Although, its OK if you're trying to teach them subtraction.

I taught my new class "Ta la al badru alayna" the other day. They picked it up really quickly.

MuslimSister wrote:

I taught my new class "Ta la al badru alayna" the other day. They picked it up really quickly.

mashallah thats awesome! record it!

Seraphim wrote:
LMAO, goood goood Naz.
Give in to your hate.
Take your weapon... strike me down and your journey to the darkside will be complete

mwhahahaha

UNLIMITED POWER!!!

lol

Use the Force, Naz! Use the Force!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

'Accidentally fall'... a likely story.

If there was a large gust of wind, then perhaps all, or at least MOST, of the bottles might fall (depending on how full they were with water/alcohol/liquid mercury).

But just ONE at a time? I don't believe it for a second. In my humbe opinion someone is firing a pellet gun at a row of bottles, and singing an 'innocent song' to cover it up.

So now on to Puff the Magic Dragon - another 'innocent' children's song or dangerous propganda about drugs to warp our little kiddies' fragile little minds?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Salam

Naz wrote:

What is it that you disagree with,
the colour green representing the environment or using the bottles to help them count?

Both.

Education of children has nothing to do with it.

Its all about scaring the kids - putting "fear" into them.

Plan is that when they grow up, they should always panic and hence lose their "bottle".

I see we are beginning to have a produtive discussion about
bottling songs disguised as programming tools.

Omrow

Post 2.

Omrow wrote:

I see we are beginning to have a produtive discussion about
bottling songs disguised as programming tools.

Omrow

But we have overstepped you five-post-per-topic rule.

Careful not to let this good intention go to waste, we must be.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Pages