Eid ul-Fitr

90 posts / 0 new
Last post

I bumped into an old friend from primary school. He's urbanised himself a bit but not really that much.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Salam

Eid Mubarak to everyone on Revival.

I love you. You guys are the best.

Omrow

Eid Mubarak everyone! Biggrin May Allah aza waj'al always bring blessings and smiles your way, Ameen.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

so how did everyones eid go? what did ya'll get up 2?

Salam

Noor. Happiness is all about you.

I toured about 4 family homes and 3 houses of friends.

Every house I went to had practically the same food - roast chicken, rice and sweets.

They all kept forcing me to eat.

How much can a guy take. So, from third house onwards, I simply asked for tea.

But they wouldnt take no for an answer. Hence, more Paki sweets were planted before me.

Dont get me wrong. They were lovely.

No one make sweets better than Pakis.

Eid is all about food, loud music and lots of bright clothes.

After sunset, me and the gang hit Manchester. I was too full to eat, so we invaded the cinema.

It was completely packed with Pakis.

Pictures is all good fun but some were snogging in the dark. This is Islamically unacceptable.

One ought to be happy and celebrate the Eid. But one must not do something that God does not approve.

Omrow

Omrow wrote:

Pictures is all good fun but some were snogging in the dark. This is Islamically unacceptable.

One ought to be happy and celebrate the Eid. But one must not do something that God does not approve.

Omrow

Maybe they were married bro?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Omrow wrote:

Omrow

Good point!

And Amal, just trivia by the way, I used to think that people actually said Allah as the Wajal, and I remmeber thinking, "what's a Wajal?"

Seraphim wrote:
Omrow wrote:

Omrow

Just coz your married doesnt mean you have the right to gross ppl out. Theres a time and place for stuff like that and it aint in the cinema. Im pretty sure theres a hadith that says something along the lines of showing public affection is not allowed.
I dont understand why some ppl feel the need to parade/prove their love for each other to the whole world.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Naz wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
Omrow wrote:

Omrow

Just coz your married doesnt mean you have the right to gross ppl out. Theres a time and place for stuff like that and it aint in the cinema. Im pretty sure theres a hadith that says something along the lines of showing public affection is not allowed.
I dont understand why some ppl feel the need to parade/prove their love for each other to the whole world.

I dont understand why people have to watch. Thats ridiculous; thats like saying theres a time and a place for prayer and thats only in the mosque. Which is not true, you can read salat anywhere (in theory).

I dont think its so much as a need to parade or prove their love for each other, its more of a case of being soo lost in the other person that you forget there are ppl around you. It happens, especially among young couples.

Back in BLACK

Salam

Seraphim wrote:

Naz wrote:
Just coz your married doesnt mean you have the right to gross ppl out.
Theres a time and place for stuff like that and it aint in the cinema.

I dont think its so much as a need to parade or prove their love for each other,
its more of a case of being soo lost in the other person that
you forget there are ppl around you.
It happens, especially among young couples.

Naz has a point too but Jedi is right:

In a lot of places, a good husband a good wife tend to drown in one another.

When a man loves a woman, he is so lost in her eyes that he forgets to keep in the bedroom.

It is up to good people not to stare at them, and let them be.

True lovers are treated leniently by God.

Fake lovers are never let off.

Omrow

Seraphim wrote:
Naz wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
Omrow wrote:

Omrow

I dont understand why people have to watch.

Its kinda hard not to when they are sat right in front of you!. Till this day i have only ever seen one Muslim couple snogging in public and that wasnt because they were "totally in love" with each other, the woman thought i was checking out her fresh pot husband! snogging in public is done mostly by non Muslims and its a non Muslim practice.

Seraph wrote:
Thats ridiculous; thats like saying theres a time and a place for prayer and thats only in the mosque. Which is not true, you can read salat anywhere (in theory).

Praying is fard, sticking your tongue down someone throat isnt.... eurgh. Islam is very big on modesty. Whats wrong with holding hands? Ive seen a lot of Muslim couples holding hands esp the older ones, its soooo cute.

Seraph wrote:
I dont think its so much as a need to parade or prove their love for each other, its more of a case of being soo lost in the other person that you forget there are ppl around you. It happens, especially among young couples.

I think you have been watching too many bollywood movies lol. And another thing if they are sooo lost then how do manage to leave the house and safely cross the road?

Lol, its not always necessary to stick your tongue down their throat. This isnt France. And why were you checking out some poor girls hubby? Tut tut tsk tsk haha. Ofcourse nothing wrong with holding hands between couples.

Back in BLACK

Apologies. Naz made an unnecessary remark and I felt it necessary to correct her.

Pls continue with the previous discussion before we got side tracked.

Back in BLACK

THIS THREAD IS HILARIOUS!!

goodness u do do interesting things on eid lmao

my advice - never step foot into the cinemas on eid day or day after, its packed full of PAKISTANIS and most of them are smelly boys and girls who look like they forgot to get dressed in the morning.

and i think couples holding hands is cute Smile

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Alright!!! Back to Eid. Let couples do what they want.

xSmurfy786x wrote:
THIS THREAD IS HILARIOUS!!

goodness u do do interesting things on eid lmao

my advice - never step foot into the cinemas on eid day or day after, its packed full of PAKISTANIS and most of them are smelly boys and girls who look like they forgot to get dressed in the morning.

and i think couples holding hands is cute Smile

I went out to the cinema on Eid/day after Eid (depends on how you look at it, mine was suppose to be on the tue but i did it on the wed Biggrin ). I dont smell (well at least i dont think i do) and i actually made an effort (didnt want to let the team down) to dress up. If you go to see a bolly then the cinema is gonna be full with Paks but if you went to see an English movie (like i did) then its full of white ppl.

I never seen any.....erm let me think (i dont want to be too explicit).... hanky panky business in the cinema but then i again i never sit right at the top.

wednesday wrote:
ppl plz stop putting thigs in me head... i'm too young for this talk and think abt the rest of the forum members! (the ones who are younger)

Sorry. Its just that me and my siblings discuss these things openly and I forget that this forum doesnt. Why are ppl so embarrassed to discuss things like this openly? You would expect this sort of mentally from our parents not from British educated Muslims.

Seraphim wrote:
Lol, its not always necessary to stick your tongue down their throat. This isnt France. And why were you checking out some poor girls hubby? Tut tut tsk tsk haha. Ofcourse nothing wrong with holding hands between couples.

I wasnt. Why would i want to check out a fresh pot? I had gone into specsavers to get my glasses fixed and they were busy so the woman told me to take a seat. Anyways across me there was a stand with the designer glasses on it and i was looking to see if they had any new decent frames in. At the stand was some fresh pot checking himself out in the mirror :roll: while his wife was in the queue at the desk (which is right next to glasses stand). She must have seen me looking at the glasses stand and thought i was checking out her not even remotely good looking husband.

Sorry ppl for going off topic but what the Seraph said was unnecessary and i felt the need to correct him Blum 3

Ok back to the topic.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
I wasnt. Why would i want to check out a fresh pot? I had gone into specsavers to get my glasses fixed and they were busy so the woman told me to take a seat. Anyways across me there was a stand with the designer glasses on it and i was looking to see if they had any new decent frames in. At the stand was some fresh pot checking himself out in the mirror Rolling Eyes while his wife was in the queue at the desk (which is right next to glasses stand). She must have seen me looking at the glasses stand and thought i was checking out her not even remotely good looking husband.

Well Naz, clearly that woman thought you were. And since you did nothing to correct her. Well ill leave you to think about it. I guess most women are insecure about such things. hmmm watever.

"wednesday" wrote:
Seraph, when did you become The Seraph? lol

That certainly news to me.

Back in BLACK

Wednesday, it's like when people call someone called Robert Rob. Do you get it?

Happy Belated Eid Mubarak to everyone.

I had an amazing time on Eid as my 3 month niece was over, she is so beautiful mashallah, she kept me occupied, since it was her first time over here in Scot all the family was over (we have a very big familly). Having my first Eid with hubby was very special, even though I was busy his being with me was great.

It was just nice, had a nice couple of days. Alhumdulillah, made me realise the importance of family.

Hate to be picky but what's Happy Eid Mubarak? It's either Happy Eid or Eid Mubarak, not both.

It was a mistake

Happy Eid or Eid Mubarak, whatever you fancy

Angel

Seraphim wrote:
"Naz" wrote:
I wasnt. Why would i want to check out a fresh pot? I had gone into specsavers to get my glasses fixed and they were busy so the woman told me to take a seat. Anyways across me there was a stand with the designer glasses on it and i was looking to see if they had any new decent frames in. At the stand was some fresh pot checking himself out in the mirror Rolling Eyes while his wife was in the queue at the desk (which is right next to glasses stand). She must have seen me looking at the glasses stand and thought i was checking out her not even remotely good looking husband.

Well Naz, clearly that woman thought you were. And since you did nothing to correct her. Well ill leave you to think about it. I guess most women are insecure about such things. hmmm watever.

Well Seraph the woman was being paranoid. If i had gone up to her and told her i wasnt checking out her hubby she wouldnt have paid any attention to what i would be saying, she would be too busy calling me every name in the book. Most married women are under the illusion that every girl is after her husband :roll:. Shes one of those girls that thinks her husband is all that and more.

I feel sorry for the men who have paranoid wives, i really do.

Secondly at the time i didnt realise who the woman was (she use to wear the full ninja kit but now has whipped it off) until i told my mum about her. If i had corrected her my mum would have broken my legs. Were to stay away from her and her family coz of the kind of ppl they are.

(shes been around the block several times if you get me drift. If im seen talking to her, Asians being Asians will think im that kinda girl too. I dont give a crap what ppl think of me but my parents do).

Now do you see why i kept quiet?

Courage wrote:
Hate to be picky but what's Happy Eid Mubarak? It's either Happy Eid or Eid Mubarak, not both.

On the Trafford Centre screen they had written exactly the same thing, Happy Eid Mubarak. It dont make sense.

Do you still disagree?

Courage wrote:
Do you still disagree?

Ofcourse... im just too lazy at mo to voice my full disapproval.
Maybe later.

Back in BLACK

wednesday wrote:
Courage wrote:
Wednesday, it's like when people call someone called Robert Rob. Do you get it?

abreviating?

No, that would be calling him 'S'.

And I would be called 'Y'. Because I GOTTA!!

lol that joke was from The Mask, which was my favorite film for about 3 weeks when I was 10 years old.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Sorry for that nonsense. I wasn't even talking about abbreviation, I was talking about acronyms. Ah well, we can't all be perfect all of the time. I think abbreviation was the correct term, anyway.

Now onto more pressing matters, i.e Eid.

I had a wonderful trip yesterday. I visited the maqam of Imam Nawawi. In his lifetime he objected to building domes over graves, and when he passed away his followers built a dome over his. BUT... a huge tree grew out of his grave and broke through the roof, subhan'Allah!

I also visited the maqam of Prophet Ayoub (Job) (as).

Also I saw the temple of the monk who first identified Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) when he visited Syria when he was a boy. Also where the camel made Sajda.

Also the first mosque built in Syria, which was built by Umar (ra).

All very beautiful. I may upload photos if I get a chance, insha'Allah.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Is it T-shirt weather in Syria? Or do you go around pretending to be native?

Pages