Eid ul-Fitr

any halaal alternatives for the youth?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Theres a chand raat event kinda thingy in Manchester just off Cheetham Hill Rd. Which sounds like it could be fun. But thats this Sunday i think.

On Eid... as always first days with relatives... and this year we've inherited new relatives so it'll be twice as busy. 2nd day of Eid, im gonna hang out with the guys. We're gonna go either Bowln, lazer quest... or both and then get something to eat at some fancy restaurant while we catch up. Have hardly seen them all month.

Eid is what you make it people. Dont just sit on your b-hind and expect something great to happen. Get up and make it happen... thats what separates winners from losers.

Back in BLACK

i live nowhere near manchester i thought you knew that?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:

Ofcourse I know that. Im just telln you my plans.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Funzo wrote:

and why would i want to know them lol why anyone want to know them? lol unless you want to "accidently" bump into some one?

Do any of the guys on this forum spend Ridiculous amounts of money on a pair clothes for eid.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Funzo wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
Funzo wrote:

and why would i want to know them lol why anyone want to know them? lol unless you want to "accidently" bump into some one?

LOL... no not really. Just thought you'd be interested 2 knw. As alot of people dont do anything on Eid.

"big bro" wrote:
Do any of the guys on this forum spend Ridiculous amounts of money on a pair clothes for eid.

Define Ridiculous amount?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Theres a chand raat event kinda thingy in Manchester just off Cheetham Hill Rd. Which sounds like it could be fun. But thats this Sunday i think.

you attend chaand raat events? :shock:

we've organised one for tuesday, hope eid is on the wednesday or we are doomed.

When i mean ridiculous, i actually mean prada jeans, gucci jacket, armani top,versachi socks. spending hundreds on desighner braands. My freind actually do that. And i admit that i do do this when eid comes around. And what is everybody doing this eid. please tell.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

First day spend it with the relatives. Fingers crossed the steps wont be coming over otherwise im gonna spend the whole of eid serving, cleaning and washing. Sad

Normally the day after take out the gang but this year all of us only got the one day off plus im broke lol. Might still go out at the weekend and bowl, I think I can stretch to that.

This is the one eid ive not actually brought clothes, ive already got some. Personally for me its a big waste of money coz i only wear them for eid then they go at the bottom of the wardrobe.

Noor wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

you attend chaand raat events? :shock:

Whats wrong with that?

we shop they pay :badgrin:

Theres a mixed chand raat in longsight on the monday i think, defo not going to that coz its on one of the odd days. Theres an only womens one at nawaabs on the sunday i think. Would be nice to go to as it means i can whip off me head scarf. I miss my hair Cray 2 I need to check in with my taxi driver for the latter Lol

big bro wrote:
When i mean ridiculous, i actually mean prada jeans, gucci jacket, armani top,versachi socks. spending hundreds on desighner braands. My freind actually do that. And i admit that i do do this when eid comes around. And what is everybody doing this eid. please tell.

Or you can save a few bob and go to bury new road.

I cant believe someone snitched on them last year.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Do you prefer the suit/formal or traditional Arab/Asian clothes?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

"Noor" wrote:

you attend chaand raat events? :Shock:

Lol, why the shockd face? Actually this will be my first.

I never spend more than £100 on any single outfit. Im just not comfortable spending more than that on myself. And its always casual... im not wearing a suit on Eid. Suits are for weddings and work.

Back in BLACK

Funzo wrote:
any halaal alternatives for the youth?

Alternatives? To Eid?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I'm gonna spend the day doing nothing!

and uni the net day

and work the day after!

oh yeah, we are playing secret eidy with family.......i already know whos getting me a present, some secret :roll:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Sirus wrote:
oh yeah, we are playing secret eidy with family.......i already know whos getting me a present, some secret :roll:

What is it with "innovations" like these?

I was surprised last year when I found out some muslim families were doing a "secret santa" too.

It just feels wrong to me.

(not used the word "bid'ah" as that has certain religious connotations which I am not trying to (explicitly) allude to.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

salams,

make du'a for me this Eid please, it's gonna be lonely here, just me husband and children :(. Talking of ridiculous spending, now that i've matured a bit, i used to spend a lot of money on Eid clothes. As a way of justification that was the only time i'd spend a huge amount in one go. The most £250. Since growing up £50 max. This Eid i've purchased nothing new, i'll be wearing outfits that are hanging in my wardrobe for special occasions. If my mum got word that i didn't buy myself a new outfit she'd go ballistic, in my culture they really make out it's a "must" to get a new outfit for Eid, if you don't you've broken the Eid rules.

P.S what's secret satan, santa?

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Eid this yr is special coz my hubby is going to be with me, first eid together (cheesy i know!)

First day involves going to uncles house, staying there till 5ish then coming back to mum and dad's and everyone comes over there.

Second day of eid is going to other family houses.

I've got new clothes coz i had presents for my birthday/anniversary - I'm sick of new clothes! (I hardly ever wear my asian clothes coz i'm mainly in work and on my days off in my pyjamas! Well most of the time)

You wrote:
Sirus wrote:

I was surprised last year when I found out some muslim families were doing a "secret santa" too.

(not used the word "bid'ah" as that has certain religious connotations which I am not trying to (explicitly) allude to.)

I can see why it might feel wrong because were told not to imitate the non believers but, think of all the money your saving by buying just one present instead of many.

Aint no one getting a present from me this year. Maybe next year when im a bit richer.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Seraphim wrote:
"Noor" wrote:

cz i never knew guys went, what do you do there? get mehdni done?

first day of eid is gona be with family, well the afternoon anyway and evening with friends and second day with freinds i think. will decide on the day though. as for clothes, gona wear one of the abayas i bought from saudi.

Naz wrote:
I can see why it might feel wrong because were told not to imitate the non believers but, think of all the money your saving by buying just one present instead of many.

Aint no one getting a present from me this year. Maybe next year when im a bit richer.

This may be a good question to put in the mag for next issue. "Yo Mister Shaykh, wanna be my secret santa?"

Noor wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
"Noor" wrote:

cz i never knew guys went, what do you do there? get mehdni done?

Lol, actually i dont have to attend now. Managed to worm out of it. Brother and his inlaws going. What they do is up to them, i got a better offer anyhow hahaha. Excellent.

Back in BLACK

You wrote:
Sirus wrote:

What you need to do, is watch the American version of The Office, the Christmas episode from the second series.

I think it is possibily the funniest thing I've ever seen...but then again I used to work in an office so appreciate it a lot.

MUCH better than the UK version of the show.

Search for it online, its only half and hour of your life an I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Thers nothin wrong with secret santa! if you want you can call it secret shaykh or summat like that. we r doin it at school, its better coz you just hav to buy one present and you can spend quite a bit on it.
we don't care about the name.

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

I don't understand what the harm is in playing Secret Santa?
If its the Santa part you don't have to call it that. It doesn't even have to have a name.
Your just giving gifts, that cant be a bad thing.
They don't really even have to be extravagant.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
If its the Santa part you don't have to call it that. It doesn't even have to have a name.
Your just giving gifts, that cant be a bad thing.
They don't really even have to be extravagant.

innit though!

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

Seraphim wrote:

copying rituals originally used as part of non-islamic religious festivals?

on a similar note, what is your opinion on having a christmas tree?

Naz wrote:

But that assumes that I will give gifts in the first place.

Last year there was secret santa at christmas. the "present" I gave was a fiver in an envelope. The one I got back was a different fiver in a different envelope. I liked that. Blum 3

You wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

copying rituals originally used as part of non-islamic religious festivals?

on a similar note, what is your opinion on having a christmas three?

But whats wrong with the act of giving gifts? Just bcoz ppl from different faiths do it too, doesnt mean it should automatically be made haraam... or bidah.

Plus i hav no idea what you mean by Christmas Three Biggrin

Back in BLACK

and I typed that twice!

You wrote:
and I typed that twice!

Lol, tbh i have no opinon on the Christmas tree.
To me it serves no purpose other than being decorative.

Back in BLACK

Pages