Gutter Mouth

109 posts / 0 new
Last post

"angel" wrote:

I love takin the mick out of my uncles, they from walsall, the most ugliest acent ever. I also copy my cuz's from aylesbury, they have a funny accent.

nothing is funnier then the liverpoodlian accent

boy do they stretch their words.....

"Seraph" wrote:
Funny story with me and accents ... i seem to have a half-decent American accent ... but ... wait for it ... it only ever comes out when im really nervious. Dont ask why.... dunno myself... not bothered either as it also separates me from other people when it happens at interviews.

lol it's not all that hard - just flatten your 'r's for the north and keep it the same but more naisal for the South and youll be convincing enough.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I love the liverpool accent and think they are the most nicest ppl on earth (thats the way the come across as over the fone)

"Constantine" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:
Funny story with me and accents ... i seem to have a half-decent American accent ... but ... wait for it ... it only ever comes out when im really nervious. Dont ask why.... dunno myself... not bothered either as it also separates me from other people when it happens at interviews.

lol it's not all that hard - just flatten your 'r's for the north and keep it the same but more naisal for the South and youll be convincing enough.

Just strange thats all. Ive only ever actually met one person from California and that was back in college but i think i was doing before then aswell. It just became more obvious after that.

Oh well i can always say i spent the summer in the US at their summer camps... did u ever attend them dave? Whats the deal with summer camps? We hear about them all the time? Explain.

Back in BLACK

"angel" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I love the liverpool accent and think they are the most nicest ppl on earth (thats the way the come across as over the fone)

that's coz the rest of the gang is nicking yours cars wheels!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lol summer camps are a tacky middle class america thing

Never been to one - never intend to send my progeny to one.

Basically they go to these stupid dirty camps and learn how to make fires et al.

It's that whole "survivalist" thing, as well as a great way to lose the kids for a week or three.

Stick to the topic guys

this topic is about people who swear too much

btw aint it tru that unemployed area's always consist of people who swear more then people from posh areas?

"Constantine" wrote:

Basically they go to these stupid dirty camps and learn how to make fires et al.

It's that whole "survivalist" thing, as well as a great way to lose the kids for a week or three.

Right.... i thought it was the common thing there. Saw it on Simpsons... and then on Adams Family... and maybe a few other places... just though it was the norm there.

Back in BLACK

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
Stick to the topic guys

this topic is about people who swear too much

btw aint it tru that unemployed area's always consist of people who swear more then people from posh areas?

True.

Its coz the prats from the posh areas are at work, so less swearing in the area. All that is there are the dear old ladies just past retirement...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Seraph" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Right.... i thought it was the common thing there. Saw it on Simpsons... and then on Adams Family... and maybe a few other places... just though it was the norm there.

lol yea it's the norm I suppose.

I spent most of my childhood in boarding schools so I don't really know anybody that went to them.

Salaam

Has anyone noticed that certain people from the older generation are very free with their swearwords?

I was in a mates house the other day and her grandma was throwing around such dirty swearwords. It was ironic cos that family is very decent and no one ever swears...

SO many times I've become stuck in situations when I've had to transalate stuff for an elderly person to the doctor....

Often the old lady is swearing her head off in Punjabi at the doctor and the doctor asks me "What did she say?"...and I usually give it "She said, thank you very much for all your help, she is very grateful and is making a prayer for you, your wife and kids" (and usually the old lady is swearing/cursing the docters wife and kids).

The above is the reason why I declined a very decent paying job in the hospital as a translator.

Wasalaam

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
the old lady is swearing her head off in Punjabi at the doctor and the doctor asks me "What did she say?"...and I usually give it "She said, thank you very much for all your help, she is very grateful and is making a prayer for you, your wife and kids" (and usually the old lady is swearing/cursing the docters wife and kids)

I would not have imagined a good woman to be this deceptive.

You betrayed the trust of the doctor who relied on you to tell him the truth.

Perhaps if you had been honest, he would have cared more for the elderly patient. You PREVENTED care !!

A doctor has the right to know that an old lady is very upset at his lack of care in her treatment.

Omrow

Lol-the old lady was treated very well by the doctor...she was just a bit of a bitter and ungrateful lady.

She just had a funny way of expressing her gratitude.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Often the old lady is swearing her head off in Punjabi at the doctor and the doctor asks me "What did she say?"...and I usually give it "She said, thank you very much for all your help, she is very grateful and is making a prayer for you, your wife and kids" (and usually the old lady is swearing/cursing the docters wife and kids).

Lol. That is propa funny.

About changing your accents I do that aswell when I go to a different area, dunno why and inm my head im thinking i sound like a freak chattin in a different accent but it just comes out like that.

Has any1 noticed that cussing some1 in MP or punjabis is way funnier than any cusses in english or is that just me?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Lol. That is propa funny.

About changing your accents I do that aswell when I go to a different area, dunno why and inm my head im thinking i sound like a freak chattin in a different accent but it just comes out like that.

Has any1 noticed that cussing some1 in MP or punjabis is way funnier than any cusses in english or is that just me?

Its defnitely funny in MP!!

"Med" wrote:

I think it sounds ruder...cos the person being insulted dont even know what is being said.

I can't stand when people speak in front of me with others in strange ethnic languages I have no possibility of knowing.

I always feel like I am being talked about and it's unnerving.

And what's worse is when they start laughing and then get real quiet.

I have these stupid estonian friends that do it to me all the time.

It's rude. I have colleagues at work who do that in front of people that are not 'one of us' :roll: I tend to shy away when they start that.

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

i like english swears i'm not yet capable enough to swear in punjabi but my cousins in pakistan handle that side of affairs - and yes swears do sound funnier in punjabi cos they're really dirty! i dont do dirty i draw the line at graphic punjabi swearing phrases

...I've always avoided Urdu/Punjabi swear words. Those swear words are so unbelievably rude and dirty...

People should avoid swearing in general, it's terribly base.

"Constantine" wrote:
People should avoid swearing in general, it's terribly base.

I agree

dont matte what langauge, it says a lot about you

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

yep it is base and so is showing lots of flesh and picking noses, french kissing in public, scratching body parts, being smelly, smacking children etc its all vile and base

"seema*" wrote:
yep it is base and so is showing lots of flesh and picking noses, french kissing in public, scratching body parts, being smelly, smacking children etc its all vile and base

yep u right seems

all that is disgusting

but older people should know better-I hate it when they swear

some old ladies are such bad examples for kids :evil:

Why do all Asian sub-continent profanities have to be about your mother? :?

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"Aphrodite" wrote:
Why do all Asian sub-continent profanities have to be about your mother? :?

cos its the ultimate Daddy of all cuss's

the worst thing u can say to someone

this cuss ticks EVERYONE off

Salaam

I once heard a hadith about this issue…The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said “The worst thing one can do is swear at his own mother”. And the Sahaba’s asked “Who would swear at their own mother?” He Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said “When one swears at other people’s mothers and they retaliate”

Wasalaam

yeahhh

i been told if u swear at someones parents....your really swearin at your own

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote: