Gutter Mouth

Salaam

Wouldn’t it be correct to say that the way we talk says a LOT about us?

A lot has to be said about a person who can not speak without F’ing and blinding in every sentence.

Many people can not speak without slipping a couple of F words in their speech…regardless of who they’re speaking too.

If they were called to a job interview…or had to speak to their employer or were stopped by the police-or whatever…would it really look good if they slipped a couple of F words in their sentence every now and again?

Some think that its OK to speak in front of their mates in relaxed and indecent way…but strongly believe that if they have to speak to important people they’ll “talk proper”…

But when one becomes SO relaxed and used to speak in a crude manner then automatically swear words escape from their mouth even when they don’t intend to…

I know ones school and area strongly plays a part….I went to a school where being foul mouthed was very common…..and whilst I didn’t become foul mouthed myself (cos I was “too girly” to swear) I did become immune to crude speech…it didn’t bother me one bit…..

The “snob school” that I attended after high school taught me the importance of avoiding swear words in ones speech…regardless of who you’re speaking to.

So, what can be said about someone who can not speak without adding the F word after every three word?

Are parents responsible for the usage swear words…after all if they made a massive fuss whenever their child said a swear word then the child would KNOW that what he/she is saying is wrong?

OR is it correct to say that sometimes one NEEDS to use swear words in order to express their feelings clearly?....but then again shouldn’t such a person purchase a good quality thesaurus?

Our society dictates that it is “unladylike” for a woman to swear…so does that mean that men who swear are more “manly”?

And when exactly is swearing if ever-justified? I’ve always thrown the word “crap” around…that’s cos for a long time I wasn’t even aware that it was a swear word…. :oops:

And don’t some youth, from certain areas where unemployment is high swear SO much?

Is this something that one can easily grow out of?

Or is this like many things “minor” and a big deal shouldn’t be made about it?

And would any one agree that Urdu/Punjabi swear words sound “ruder” then English swear words? And that many elderly folks from the older generation need to calm it down as well….

Share your thoughts…

Wasalaam

Salam

There is nothing wrong with swearing.

Let me explain:

If it helps you to express yourself and get the point across, then that is all that matters.

It is simply a question of taste, and not of morality.

Morality comes into it only if she actually swears AT the listener.

However, if she is swearing at an idea, or a policy, then whats wrong with it ?

For example, she says, in rage: The questions in that interview were f***ing racist.

Omrow

I despise swearing - it's base and vulgar and has no place in a religious minded persons speech.

"Constantine" wrote:
I despise swearing - it's base and vulgar and has no place in a religious minded persons speech.

i agree. the english language is vast enough to express oneself, without the need to swear. :roll:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
i agree. the english language is vast enough to express oneself, without the need to swear. :roll:

I assent to your response, our shared vernacular is prodigiously satisfactory for personal articulation to such an extent profanity is unnecessary.

A person resorts to swearing when he/she cant find a word more suiting to the situation. Sometimes a slap on the hands or a thesaurus will help... but like most things the person has got to want to change.

IMO a person who instantly resorts to swearing is weak and incapable of channeling their anger/frustration in a more appropriate way. Responsibility partially lies with the parents they have to fully discourage it and follow it up with punishment if the kids swear. Most parents dont seem to care.

The way a person speaks says [b]ALOT[/b] about a person. He can come across as intelligent and smart or ignorant/obnoxious and scummy. Words are very powerful in that we can use them to draw a picture of what a persons ettiquite and manners are like.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
A
The way a person speaks says [b]ALOT[/b] about a person. He can come across as intelligent and smart or ignorant/obnoxious and scummy. Words are very powerful in that we can use them to draw a picture of what a persons ettiquite and manners are like.

i agree so i have started to tone down my language. Like Muslim Sister i went to a school where everyone swore and those that swore the loudest and most were seen as the coolest

i really have to restrain myself from using swear words on here as sometimes i just feel like stringing every swear word i can think of to make a sentence

but i never swear infront of elders and children just my mates

"Constantine" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

I assent to your response, our shared vernacular is prodigiously satisfactory for personal articulation to such an extent profanity is unnecessary.

Evreything he said Biggrin

Yeah schools are the big problem in terms of picking up bad habits such as swearing. the kool kids swear so every1 who wants 2 fit in feels the need to swear unneccesarily.

I used to swear around mates, simply out of habit....however i had this thing where when i was around family or people i respect, i never swore. it just never came to the tongue.....only starts flowing like a river when im around my peers :?

my old next door neighbour....he was swearing in every sentence, i explained to him theres no need to stick swears in.........ur not angry at anything, uve got no reason to swaer....ur simply saying it for the sake of saying it.

he started attacking me for that, sayin im not perfect. lol, im far from it but thats the response you get when you try helping todays kids. they dont want to listen unfortunately.

ive stopped swearin now for about 2 months and its goin wel Alhamdulillah.

didnt knw Crap was a swear :?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

yeah 'crap' is pretty shoddy and low level swear i never use it its just too mild

depends who u talkin too...

ur boys...its not so bad...

just dont swear infront of ur mum....

or she'll kick ur ass Biggrin Biggrin

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

"Constantine" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

So, you just said what she said but you said it in an airy-fairy, arty-farty way? :roll:

Blum 3

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

no need for dat language aphroditee hee...

callin da emperor a "fairy" is blasphomous :twisted:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

"St George" wrote:

George!

Is the COE in partial communion with the Catholic Church?

I swear when reacting to something bad or unexpected. And when I let emotion get the better of me. I really should start saying sugar and fudge instead.

But I always pick up on whenever my little brothers or cousins swear. I tell'em to repeat what they said. For some of them it takes two or three goes before they realise I dont want them to swear.

"St George" wrote:

Georgy boy! How do sir?

Ok, ok.. tell me what he said up there isn't airy-fairy and I'll take back what I said... maybe...

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"Aphrodite" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

So, you just said what she said but you said it in an airy-fairy, arty-farty way? :roll:

Blum 3

lol I was proving her point

There are too many words in the English language

"seema*" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:
A

i agree so i have started to tone down my language. Like Muslim Sister i went to a school where everyone swore and those that swore the loudest and most were seen as the coolest

Hey me too, it was called primary school.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"irfghan" wrote:
I swear when reacting to something bad or unexpected. And when I let emotion get the better of me. I really should start saying sugar and fudge instead.

I stopped swearin long time ago but i always use the word s**t which now is normally replaced with "sugar" which i still feel bad using becuz my intention is to replace "sugar" with "S**t", swearing is disgustin, bad way of getin your point across!

"angel" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:

I stopped swearin long time ago but i always use the word s**t which now is normally replaced with "sugar" which i still feel bad using becuz my intention is to replace "sugar" with "S**t", swearing is disgustin, bad way of getin your point across!

heh, that would add a new meaning to 'how many lumps you want in the tea'!

And before anyone says it, that is disgusting.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

My son swore once. I washed his mouth out with soap. Dettol soap to be precise. He's never used profanities again.

"Admin" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:

:evil: that was not very decent of you ewwwww admin go away

"Aphrodite" wrote:
My son swore once. I washed his mouth out with soap. Dettol soap to be precise. He's never used profanities again.

That is a good way to teach a lesson!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:

lol...yeah that is pretty gross

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Aphrodite" wrote:

Serious? Biggrin

i thawt it was just a sayin!!!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I swear all the time...

its no big deal....

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
I swear all the time...

its no big deal....

And who said wonders will never siese?

I've cut down on my swearing a LOT

I only very very occsaionally slip the F word-when I'm bubbling with anger

but since I've made up with my brother I dont have a reason to swear anymore

I'm starting Uni 2moro-and I DONT wanna come across as being "cheap, common and uneducated" cos them people who swear a lot do come across like that

Ive NEVER sworn in front of dad cos he'd shout at me-

IF my baby sister ever says a rude word-however minor it is-we all sort her out

my brother is becoming foul mouthed-I blame his friends :evil:

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Our society dictates that it is “unladylike” for a woman to swear…so does that mean that men who swear are more “manly”?

and it is MORE of a big deal is woman swear-that cos we live in a society full of double standards :evil:

Salam

Jesus Christ used to swear at the religious leaders of his day.

However, he never directed any abusive words at the Romans.

Strange isn't it.

Omrow

Salam

I'm sorry furbal, but they do.

Omrow

Pages