THE REVIVAL PERSON OF 2005

179 posts / 0 new
Last post

Thanks MuslimSister!

I really shouldn't recieve an award for jumping ship though... not a particularly classy move.

I'll nominate Judda (STOP! PUT THE ROCK DOWN!! - there's an explanation)

Looking at his recent posts he's put forth a serious effort to not through verbal molitov coctails with every post - and consequently it looks like some of you have found his questions pretty interesting/meaningful.

And he's also managed to not lose his personality in this new adventure in politeness.

Can u mods make a final nominatio list to narrow it down...then get everyone to vote again.. There just too many members to choose from..

But my vote goes to lilsis aswell.. her posts always put a smile on ma face.. bless her lil character.

"chm1" wrote:
bless her [i]lil character[/i].

ohh that's not going to go over well...

"chm1" wrote:
Can u mods make a final nominatio list to narrow it down...then get everyone to vote again.. There just too many members to choose from..

But my vote goes to lilsis aswell.. her posts always put a smile on ma face.. bless her lil character.

Who said its a democracy?

:twisted:

Naah, I think wait a bit, and let 'Ed set up a poll at some point...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

this competition has been rubbish

from Yash, Ed, my sis, Hayder, Dave, Moi to judda budda and Med have been nominated

and Mr Admin has been discouraging it all the way thru

just lock this thread :roll:

well u can cancel my nomination, i aint interested.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Ok peole...

THERE WILL BE NO THE REVIVAL FORUMS PERSON OF THE YEAR

Ed wanta a person of the year for the next Issue of the mag though...

He has suggested Aamir khan.

I disagree...(again)...

what do you lot think?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Ok peole...

I disagree...(again)...

what do you lot think?

Aamir Khan!! no for sum1 who aint willing to give us time for the magazine, why should we vote for him (actually did he say no?)

I do not know.

It was probably the manager... after he turned professional...

BUT what has he done that is so special this year?

Nowt.

Last year, he was in Olympics, but he has done nowt this year...

Bu then again noone else has either.

"Admin" wrote:
I do not know.

It was probably the manager... after he turned professional...

BUT what has he done that is so special this year?

Nowt.

Last year, he was in Olympics, but he has done nowt this year...

Bu then again noone else has either.

Is Ed determined in havin a muslim personality of the year to be published in the next issue of the magazine?

That is something he wants...

Salam

"Admin" wrote:

I disagree.

He is absolutely no good.

I have NOT seen him do any good work since 2002 when he made Lagaan.

I prefer Salman Khan.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Admin" wrote:

I disagree.

He is absolutely no good.

I have NOT seen him do any good work since 2002 when he made Lagaan.

I prefer Salman Khan.

Omrow

How lame :roll:

"Admin" wrote:
Ok peole...

I disagree...(again)...

what do you lot think?

Definitely not, what has he done for muslims in general, nothing. I think someone like Yusuf Islam is much more worthy. Amir Khan name will grab the people attention, but it too early in his career to be singing his praise, i personally can't see him beating that Kevin Mitchell bloke.

IMO someone like Yusuf Islam is much more worthy, he queitly goes about his business, has been propagating islam for ages (as long as i can remember) someone the whole of teh UK is familar with, he did give up a very promising career as a singer for islam. He does bare Charity work and highlight many issue of muslim suffering. Too me he is like the figure of British Islam. He may not be the latest in thing like Amir Khan, but still a more worthy winner IMO.

I also don't see why anyone complaining about the forum personaility, we have had much more vote then last year and as lilsis seem to have taken 60% of teh votes, she should be awarded the personality award IMO.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
IMO someone like Yusuf Islam is much more worthy, he queitly goes about his business, has been propagating islam for ages (as long as i can remember) someone the whole of teh UK is familar with, he did give up a very promising career as a singer for islam. He does bare Charity work and highlight many issue of muslim suffering. Too me he is like the figure of British Islam. He may not be the latest in thing like Amir Khan, but still a more worthy winner IMO.

all true, but as always, admins probably gonna ask u: 'but wot has he done THIS year?'

Quote:
I also don't see why anyone complaining about the forum personaility, we have had much more vote then last year and as lilsis seem to have taken 60% of teh votes, she should be awarded the personality award IMO.

yeh - surely getting loadsa votes in is a [b]good[/b] thing? Fool granted thers a lot of ppl being voted for too... i'll be the sad one who goes through these pages and writes down everyones votes if u guys arent willing to do it? Blum 3
btw my vote would go to Dave too. Smile for all the reasons stated by MuslimSis and more, but we dont want to make ol' Dave big-headed now do we? Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

that IS a good question.

and the reason it is called person of the [b]YEAR[/b]

He dones load this year, like he done every years. From the dignity he showed when not being allowed into America, to the way he handle all the allegation about his link too Terrorist. He even got The Sun too formally apologies for one of the news articles and recivev libel cost from both The Sun and The Sunday Times.

On top of that he released a song with Ronan Keating which was quoite successfull and brought himself to the attention of a new generation. His also done loads of Charity work with Tsunami, Niger, Sudan and Mali and currently with the Earthquake appeal. He done Concert all over the world to help raise money for these disaster including places like Jakarta and Abu Dubia.

His school that he hekp run are also doing brillantly and is currently rank one of the area that it is based. Also he done alot of work for IBERR, which does alot of work in helping educate teh muslim ummah, this year it was mostly based in Nigeria.

He also done loads of interviews and had many article written about him, he has done loads of work worldwide and is publicing islam in a good manner and making healine for the right reason, with his charity Samll kindness. There loads more he done which hasn't come to the public attention, just need to look it up, i just got all this stuff from his website

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Ed wants me to do Amir Khan, by the end of tonight

but no1 besides him agrees!!!

i was thinkin, Junai Jamshed?

from pop star to holy moly?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
Ed wants me to do Amir Khan, by the end of tonight

but no1 besides him agrees!!!

i was thinkin, Junai Jamshed?

from pop star to holy moly?

but junaid jamshed's 'transformation' didnt take place this year did it?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

But he's established himself as a nasheed artist this year I think.

its become evident over the last year, and the nasheeds and albums and tv appearances have beenrolling lately

what you people think?

i dont want to write one on Amir Khan, quite frankly coz, i dont think theres much to write!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

salaam

THE REVIVAL PERSON OF 2005 IS:
YUSUF ISLAM

An article on Yusuf Islam as Person of 2005 will be in issue 4 of the mag...out in mid jan.

wasalaam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

THE REVIVAL PERSON OF 2005 IS:
YUSUF ISLAM

An article on Yusuf Islam as Person of 2005 will be in issue 4 of the mag...out in mid jan.

wasalaam

Alhumduillah, couldn't agree more. Actually that two years in a row that i have agree with Revival choice. He definitely been a worthy winner this year IMO and too be honest the same could be said for the last 5 years or so since 9/11.

[url=http//

lol.

Last year it was me pulling the rug from under everyones feet to Select Abdul Bari Atwan.

Read up was here:

On another note, I am revamping the people section.

Any names that should go in?

Once I have done my reorganisation, I will work on it...

I have not read this years write-up, so cannot comment if its any good.

Is there a category for "Cow of the Year" ?

"Omrow" wrote:

Why?

Is it cos u wish to nominate urself?

I had u down as the mouse of the year. :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:

Why?

Is it cos u wish to nominate urself?

I had u down as the mouse of the year. :roll:

maybe he liked my exploding cow question?

Back in BLACK

Pages