THE REVIVAL PERSON OF 2005

salaam

[b]THE REVIVAL PERSON OF 2005[/b]

OK people, its that time of the year again...its time to vote for The Revival person of 2005.
[b]
Last years winners are here:[/b]

so many things have happened this year, nationally, internationally...who has stood out? Who has stood up for Islam? Who has been the outstanding Muslim of the year for you? Who has been active throughout the year? who has made a difference? who has defended Islam the year over? who has influenced you the most this year? who do you think should be recognised for their efforts this year?

[b]OK we have three categories;

1. Muslim Personality of the year 2005

2. Non-Muslim persoanlity of the year of 2005

3. The Revival Forum personailty of the year 2005[/b]

At the moment we will leave it open, we will introduce the short list soon.

The winners will be decided by YOU the member of this forum and will be published in the november/december issue of The Revival 2005. Deadline Nov 1st for all nominations.

So people keep the discussions clean, respectful, and interesting.

wasalaam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

The winners will be decided by YOU the member of this forum and will be published in the november/december issue of The Revival 2005. Deadline Nov 1st for all nominations.

lol somehow I remember there being some confusion on some of the nominees/winners that nobody discussed or voted for.

"Dave" wrote:

lol somehow I remember there being some confusion on some of the nominees/winners that nobody discussed or voted for.

Thats the way its gona be like this time, so i aint gona bother votin! but i will vote for the third category but thats gona be later.

"angel" wrote:
"Dave" wrote:

Thats the way its gona be like this time, so i aint gona bother votin! but i will vote for the third category but thats gona be later.

last time the winner wasnt supposed to be decided just by the forum members, but also by the revival team BUT this year it WILL BE decided by [b]just[/b] the forum members. so the highest votes wins, simple. Really its an opportunity to reflect on the year and to give credit, where credit is due.

last time the winner wasnt supposed to be decided just by the forum members, but also by the revival team BUT this year it WILL BE decided by [b]just[/b] the forum members. so the highest votes wins, simple. Really its an opportunity to reflect on the year and to give credit, where credit is due.

Thats better, so we shouldnt expect any names poppin up that arent famliar otherwise you will be in trouble ed :evil:

I nominate Fareed Zakaria for the Muslim of the Year, Jon Stewart for Non Muslim and Muslim Sister for Revivaler.

From the standpoint of a nonmuslim the above have done the most to curb violence and rage against muslims, and (perhaps with the exception of Stewart) to expose the false stereotypes connected with Islam

Should we do 1 guy and 1 girl from the forum or just 1 person?

ed aint it abit early?

we have almost a quarter of the year left!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

jus lookin at last years.....i never liked that Abdul Bari Atwan man! i thought he was a sell out, maybe i didnt pay enough attention to what he said :?

and for Revival Forum.....I'd agree with Muslim Sister, however i noticed she won it last year and should she be the winner this time, it would be for the same reason.

im not sure on muslim and non muslim personality.....but for the forum my vote is Judda......not. lol.......It would be LilSis

Quote:
Admin - A hard working person, updating the site, and moderating the Forums.

Couldnt be further from the truth Lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

Quote:
Admin - A hard working person, updating the site, and moderating the Forums.

Couldnt be further from the truth Lol

All I have to say is Bugmas wants to give you a Hug

Asalamualaikum!

well...

[b]Muslim Personality of the year 2005 [/b]- Id hav to definately say
[b]Shaykh ul Islam Prof Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri[/b]:- even though he has been working hard for the past years since the 7/7 wen he came 4 his tour in the UK he especially organised conference's to point out the clear name of Islam in Glasgow n Chesham.

[b]Non Muslim Personality[/b] - i cant think of any1 yet but i will wen ive decided

[b]The Revival Forum Personality [/b]- still cant think as every1 is gr8 n i dnt want 2 disappoint any1 either..so ill hav a think 1st :roll:

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

CAN U DO NUT CASE OF THE FORUM AWARD?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
CAN U DO NUT CASE OF THE FORUM AWARD?

Bless... somebody wants appreciation (and therefore ligitamisation).

:roll:

The nominations are:
exHT
Oldham dude
Brewali
Mujahid
Mujahid'
Judda

Can u also do a best/worst thread of the forum award?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
Mr Ed can we nominate best thread from the OLD OLD forums?

Move on. Get with times.

"irfghan" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
Mr Ed can we nominate best thread from the OLD OLD forums?

Move on. Get with times.

u bullying me Cray 2

i dont come to this forum for the people-but cos of the hot debates

Can we also do best/worst moderator award?

Best mod: Admin

Worst mod: Can't decide with Ed and phantom mod, they is both evil, but atleast Ed has a brain. Why don't phantom Mod ever reply to posts? is he shy? or is he dum.b?

How many mods do u have at the revival? and how many r women?

Can we also do vote for who ppl like more ED OR ADMIN i prefer admin, very nice guy indeed....

Muslim of the year is quite hard, I glad that Bari dude won it last year, but it goes to show you the state of the muslims world, where I findit hard to point anyone out, so I going with [b]Habib Ali Jefferi[/b] as out of a the scholar I have seen he has impress me the most

On the non muslim section I going for [b]Karen Armstrong[/b], I still gutted that she didn't get it last year. I think it about time her hard work got notice.

On the forum member, I appreciate Khan the most, he one person who always willing to help and he alway gage in good debates, Eazy D is by far the best poster but he only has 12 posts to his name, so it ain't far. But I try being rational with the decision. The forum too me has three sides, the joker side where angel, lilsis, Seraph and Hayder play a big part. Then you have the political side, which Irghan, Salaf and Dave are good at. Then you have the islamic side where Ed, Aasiyah, Yash and muslim sis are very good at, Mujidah seem very good as well. But overall I think that[b] Admin [/b]deserve the The Revival poster of the year, as he covers himself well in all those areas and he manage to keep the forum going even though he had to change server twice.

On lilsis subject of the old thread. I think I enjoyed the Milad threads alot as I did ExHT, freewill vs Destiny was good as well. But I have to say the political thread was the best IMO.

1. Muslim Personality of the year 2005
[b]Habib Ali Jefferi[/b]

2. Non-Muslim personality of the year of 2005
[b]Karen Armstrong[/b]

3. The Revival Forum personailty of the year 2005
[b]Admin[/b]

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

It was before my time but what was so good about the ExHT thread?

:?

Everyone seems to remember it for some reason.

popularity contests are bad IMO

u always get some who feel left out Cray 2

EVERYONE in their hearts knows who's the best and who's the worst person

no need to state the obvious

"irfghan" wrote:
It was before my time but what was so good about the ExHT thread?

:?

Everyone seems to remember it for some reason.

someone named suzy cussed the HT

lots of people joined in

my sister stuck up for them

her and suzy argued ALL the way thru

suzy was very rowdy

some "alter ego's" popped up

my sister left

then she returned

yuit contributed a lot too-he also stuck up for them

thread went off topic in the end when people began to big up my sister

it was a action filled thread

better then watching Eastenders

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
popularity contests are bad IMO

u always get some who feel left out Cray 2

EVERYONE in their hearts knows who's the best and who's the worst person

no need to state the obvious

Yeah u right, but if Ed insist, we have to provide the goods.

ExHt was a good thread, I only liked it as it was the first time I came across Susan and her spilt personality.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

My vote for personality of 2005 as with all years is Shaykh ul Islam Prof. Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, he has and is always doin alot for the muslim ummah, Minhaj-ul-Quran has spread worldwide, particular mention goes to Shaykh-ul-islam givin the youth his precious time for the Al-Hadiyah camp and the spiritual tour for two whole weeks..

Non-muslim- dunno

Forum personality of the year has got to go to admin and ed for makin us realise that they werent some sort of computurised system that just edited profanity etc. I think they both have contributed a lot to the new new forums, also agree with yuit admin has dont alot to keep this forum up and runnin well done! Also to Ed for bringing bak a successful revival magazine!!

"yuit" wrote:
the joker side where angel, lilsis, Seraph and Hayder play a big part. Then you have the political side, which Irghan, Salaf and Dave are good at. Then you have the islamic side where Ed, Aasiyah, Yash and muslim sis are very good at, Mujidah seem very good as well.

:shock: oh so im jus a joker now.....great! Sad

political stuff bores me to death im afraid, i get enough as it is on my degree.
islamic side....i like to listen and learn, not in a knowledgable position like those mentioned.

why am i in the same catagory as Angel :evil:

"angel" wrote:

Also to Ed for bringing bak a successful revival magazine

that has nothing to do with the forums....theye were still going when the mags were down :roll:

jus what i think.....but Ed and Admin shouldnt be up for nominations

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I say forget forum personality.

apart from that can you please give reason for your nominee winning. (something done THIS year!).

I do not agree with Ed on having a good and proper vote, but that is his choice.

How many of you looked upAbdul Bari Atwan after he was nominated, and won last time?

mostly the hard workers are not recognised, but the people there for the fame are.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Judda" wrote:
The nominations are:
exHT
Oldham dude
Brewali
Mujahid
Mujahid'
Judda

Can u also do a best/worst thread of the forum award?

All of them sem to have many similarities.

worst thread? this one. or that bugmas one. made just so I would lock it. The fool!

:twisted:

my votes are as follows Muslim Sister (female candidate) and Dave (male candidate) if you're not having a male and female one then Dave as non Muslim of the year - this is my vote

"Admin" wrote:
or that bugmas one. made just so I would lock it. The fool!

:twisted:

He noticed!

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
the joker side where angel, lilsis, Seraph and Hayder play a big part. Then you have the political side, which Irghan, Salaf and Dave are good at. Then you have the islamic side where Ed, Aasiyah, Yash and muslim sis are very good at, Mujidah seem very good as well.

:shock: oh so im jus a joker now.....great! Sad

political stuff bores me to death im afraid, i get enough as it is on my degree.
islamic side....i like to listen and learn, not in a knowledgable position like those mentioned.

why am i in the same catagory as Angel :evil:

"angel" wrote:

Also to Ed for bringing bak a successful revival magazine

that has nothing to do with the forums....theye were still going when the mags were down :roll:

jus what i think.....but Ed and Admin shouldnt be up for nominations

They are also members of the forum :roll: you should be honoured to be in the same category as me!

Pages