Things that annoy/frustrate you!

120 posts / 0 new
Last post

Elaborating on what courage has said it means you should keep the thing you already have as its more certain or valuable instead of chasing/running after something which you might not get.

Think of it like this. You have a pair of trainers which you have had for donkey years. They are totally worn out, pong real bad, torn and have holes in them but, they have seen you through the bad times and never let you down. One day your casually walking down the street and you notice a brand new pair of slick looking trainers gleaming in the window. They are calling out to you saying "buy me, you know you want to". Your now faced with a dilemma do you

a) ditch your old trainers and get the new ones where there is a chance they might not meet your expectations or

b) stick with the old ones. Yeah they might be old, worn out and smell but hey they are comfortable.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I much prefer the Native American proverb -

“If you chase two rabbits, you catch neither.”

Something worth bearing in mind when making priorities in life.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Asian men that act like creepy slimeballs!
[/quote]

yh i agree ALL men not just asian men!

life is for living, live it peacefully...

Things that annoy me:
Women

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
Things that annoy me:
Women

especially when they say one thing but mean the other. we're not mind readers u knw.

Back in BLACK

Yeah and they ask you to tell them the "truth", when actually they want you to lie.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

wateva

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Funzo wrote:
Things that annoy me:
Women

i take it you dont want to marry then.

women do annoy me as well even though im a girl
espesially women with kids i always get in trouble with them

"to allah we belong and to him we return"

Bus drivers that stop, as thought they want you to cross but when you do they nearly kill you!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

MuslimBro wrote:
Amal wrote:
My current annoyance is being outbid on Ebay, especially on items that ive being watching for days and days :@

Tip: make a bid in the last 10 seconds. And avoid rounding the bid upto the nearest pound. So for example if you're going to bid £5... don't. Put a bid for £5.01 - "Trust me, I'm a professional."

I used to bid but now I just BIN.

Ebay can be very addictive Beee My tactic is to bid in the last 10 seconds too, and it usually works like a charm lol But my annoyance is people bidding on item WELL WELL over and above the RRP brand new, and then adding P&P on top. Isnt ebay supposed to be about getting bargains?

I generally dont bother bidding until the last day, so that I can watch items before they end to mull over, stop myself from frivolously buying, and allow everyone else to bid in the mean time before i decide whether or not to go in for the kill.. Ironically, I purposely banned myself from going to shopping centres because I felt I needed to cull my desire for want of materialstic things, that is still going well alhamd (I know that sounds sad lol but I need to control my shopping desires) - I never though took into account internet shopping till of late.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

PEOPLE BURPING IN NAMAAZ AND THEN BLOWING IT AROUND SO THAT EVERYBODY CAN SMELL THERE CURRY BREATH :evil:

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Amal wrote:
MuslimBro wrote:
Amal wrote:
My current annoyance is being outbid on Ebay, especially on items that ive being watching for days and days :@

Tip: make a bid in the last 10 seconds. And avoid rounding the bid upto the nearest pound. So for example if you're going to bid £5... don't. Put a bid for £5.01 - "Trust me, I'm a professional."

I used to bid but now I just BIN.

Ebay can be very addictive Beee My tactic is to bid in the last 10 seconds too, and it usually works like a charm lol But my annoyance is people bidding on item WELL WELL over and above the RRP brand new, and then adding P&P on top. Isnt ebay supposed to be about getting bargains?

Man im getting really frustrated my comp is dodgey and i cant go on my laptop so its say something like 20 secs left i put a bid in and it says bidding ended?!?!?

big bro wrote:
PEOPLE BURPING IN NAMAAZ AND THEN BLOWING IT AROUND SO THAT EVERYBODY CAN SMELL THERE CURRY BREATH :evil:

I think its called a 'Taraweh Special'.

Well if its not it should be!

Ppl who only see the hijab :x

Naz wrote:

How do you mean? People who thinks it's in and fashionable but don't wear it?

Naz wrote:

Hmmmm true, I don't think many people remember your name once your start wearing a hijaab... you'll just get referred to as the girl who wears a scarf in 'gossip discussions' lol

otherwise most of the asian population see the hijaab and think 's***' she's got somehting to hide. or hmmmm she's one of us, we'l let her join our 'group'!

people who talk in library's....arrrrgggggg!

i want to kill them! it specifically says 'quiet study area' for a reason! (maybe they can't read)

i once made the fatal mistake of going to the library to revise, in the half hour i was there, i learnt the life story of 20 different people, no joke!

if you are one of these people (you know who you are!) go and chat outside the library, its juts as nice there!

otherwise:

drunk people, or people eating beef/pork crisps (the smell makes me wana vomit)

people with there hands down their pants....yuk, put them in your pockets if you dont know what else to do with them

Girls bitching with each other for no reason
e.g she called me an ugly cow Lol

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

When Khateeb starts at 1:15 and he's still talking at 1:40!

Courage wrote:
Naz wrote:

How do you mean? People who thinks it's in and fashionable but don't wear it?

No I mean for example the other day at work some woman comes up to me and says do you work here? I felt like saying to her "no I just enjoy wearing the company uniform!" but thought best not as Im still a probationer. Its obvious that she had only looked at my head. If she had looked at my body (not in that way) she would have seen my uniform and the big letters on the back on my fleece.

"stranger999" wrote:
Hmmmm true, I don't think many people remember your name once your start wearing a hijaab... you'll just get referred to as the girl who wears a scarf in 'gossip discussions' lol

Lol i had that problem before the hijab days. It never use to bother me before but lately it does. Seriously how hard is it to pronounce Nasreen. Their names are foreign to me yet i can still pronounce them properly.

When people insist that we should jsut stick to our own race and colour. I feel like saying, wake up, stop sniffing crack and then talk to me!

Courage wrote:
When Khateeb starts at 1:15 and he's still talking at 1:40!

Why? That means you get excellent knowledge masha'Allah!

Oh yeah, but the Prophet Muhammad said: "Keep the Khutba short,"
Having a half an hour Khutba isn't really short. 15-20 mins Ok no worries about that. But not 30 mins!

Courage wrote:
Having a half an hour Khutba isn't really short. 15-20 mins Ok no worries about that. But not 30 mins!

half and hour seems 'short' to me. Should be 45 mins otherwise the khateeb has to rush through things. How do you know the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) meant less than 20 mins when he said 'short'?

Jummah is many people's only opportunity to gain Islamic knowledge, its one of the only times of the whole week that people get to sit quietly and contemplate Allah (swt).

But it seems that some people wanna rush through it so you can get back to your XBox.

Ya'qub wrote:
Courage wrote:

half and hour seems 'short' to me. Should be 45 mins otherwise the khateeb has to rush through things. How do you know the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) meant less than 20 mins when he said 'short'?

Jummah is many people's only opportunity to gain Islamic knowledge, its one of the only times of the whole week that people get to sit quietly and contemplate Allah (swt).

But it seems that some people wanna rush through it so you can get back to your XBox.

I agree with bro Ya'qub. 30 mins seems a lil short to be honest. No real time to go into detail and explain stuff.

People worry too much about money money money of the dunya when they should be MORE worried about gathering knowledge for the hereafter.

Back in BLACK

Ya'qub wrote:
Courage wrote:

I don't even have an XBox. Most other Khateebs only do it for 20 mins max! Which is all right.

Whats wrong with people, in our masjid people say its too short, now your saying half an hours is too long?

Pages