So what is about this that makes YOU go crazy for it?

97 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSister" wrote:
By the way guys, my name is a persian name and means "Milk"

You are so lucky, the closest I have is when I go round to Hayder's house his family call me Dawud Dood wala. gtg Hayder's calling.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"angel" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:
Talking of milk-based Pakistani food, has anyone tried something called flooda?

I shouldnt use such words...but I find it yucky.

In fact I dislike ALL milk-based Pakistani dishes. I don't like "bits" in my milk.

I cant even stomach warm milk....

Cold milk is ok but warm milk is a defnite no no!

unless its in HOT CHOCOLATE!! Biggrin

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
By the way guys, my name is a persian name and means "Milk"...maybe that explains my great love and appreciation of Milk.

Later on I'll post up some virtues/benefits of Milk from an Islamic perspective

(And thanks for that Aasiya, I'll try that recipe out later on)

That's a strange sort of thing to name somebody...

I mean you have a very pretty name and it's not strange you were named that. But it's strange it's a persian name.

Who was the persian guy that had a daughter and said to himself "I shall name thee.... MILK!"

You joker.... Blum 3

My name means "pure as Milk" not literally just Milk...

My grandad had a thing for persian names.

so what is ur name?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

i dont like milk on its own, or faluda or lassi or anything paki-ish

maybe i shud take this to the coconut thread Biggrin

hey Aasiya, u copied my pic :x

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSister" wrote:

You joker.... Blum 3

I hadnt heard of your name until last yr...so its persian, its not really a common name? Its pretty and unique

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
i dont like milk on its own, or faluda or lassi or anything paki-ish

i love most things pakyish. Take the milk that we get in uk. That stuff, I dont drink too much, infact only in tea or with cereal. But back home, when they take the milk straight out of the cow it tastes DEELICCIOUS. Any1 who doesnt like milk, I give an invite to come to my village and taste the milk there! I promise you you will LOVE it.

The milk here has been all processed and tastes weird, in pak the milk is more nourishing and remember milk is a big ni'mah from ALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSister" wrote:
You joker.... Blum 3

lol and what is pure about milk?

Milk is the purest drink there is…

Milk helps to alleviate depression and distress. It calms the spirit…drinking it with honey beautifies the complexion and causes plumpness.

It is the absolute and most perfect drink for the human body because of the complete nutrition it provides. It enriches the blood, agrees with newborn needs and it innately agrees with the human body.

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) chose to drink Milk on his way to Miraj (night ascension to heaven), Angel Gabriel said to Him “All praises be to Allah who has guided you to what is innate, had you chosen wine, your followers would have strayed after you left them”.

On a side note, the above only refers to good quality milk…and we should know that too much of anything is bad for us.

(Source: Medicine of The Prophet (saw), taken from the book “Provisions of the hereafter by Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya).

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Milk is the purest drink there is…

Milk helps to alleviate depression and distress. It calms the spirit…drinking it with honey beautifies the complexion and causes plumpness.

It is the absolute and most perfect drink for the human body because of the complete nutrition it provides. It enriches the blood, agrees with newborn needs and it innately agrees with the human body.

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) chose to drink Milk on his way to Miraj (night ascension to heaven), Angel Gabriel said to Him “All praises be to Allah who has guided you to what is innate, had you chosen wine, your followers would have strayed after you left them”.

On a side note, the above only refers to good quality milk…and we should know that too much of anything is bad for us.

(Source: Medicine of The Prophet (saw), taken from the book “Provisions of the hereafter by Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya).

Well I never really thought about it like that... kinda sounds like Muslims are to milk what Christians are to water.

We always looked at water as the purest substance... cleansing both physically and spiritually.

And living on the Ocean myself it's hard to describe but you sort of have this connection with your gigantic blue neighbor.

Couldn't imagine living landlocked like out west or in mid continent.

in Islam milk and water are known as the purest substances

u must have heard of "zam zam" water?

the most blessed water in the world according to Muslims

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

From the well that God sent to Hagar and Ishmael correct?

"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

From the well that God sent to Hagar and Ishmael correct?

YES

known as the most blessed water in the world

apparently the rivers of paradise will run with this water

as well as rivers of milk and rivers of honey (which is also considered special in Islam)

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

YES

known as the most blessed water in the world

apparently the rivers of paradise will run with this water

as well as rivers of milk and rivers of honey (which is also considered special in Islam)

And it appears you are having your effect on me.

I am taking an Islam class by the way! (Dunno if I mentioned this)

Head and shoulders above everyone else right now just from forum information.

So what does heaven look like for muslims? - start a new thread if possible.

People are so eager to discuss punishments and such, and yet it seems that you have a somewhat clear idea on what heaven looks like, tell me about it.

what effect am I having one you?

btw start a thread up-ur better with words then I am

call it "What Reward Awaits The Belivers? or just Description of paradise.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I'm learning - and you can't keep that compliment for yourself, that was addressed to everyone.

"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I'm learning - and you can't keep that compliment for yourself, that was addressed to everyone.

We all know your post was adressed to Moi and Moi Only Dirol

Pay attention and I'll make u pass ur Islam class.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

We all know your post was adressed to Moi and Moi Only Dirol

Pay attention and I'll make u pass ur Islam class.

lol we'll see about that.

Ironically it's taught by the chaplain (a christian).

Guy doesn't know his Christian history either, he thought that Constantine saw a Cross before the battle of Milvian Bridge.

It was a labarum. :roll:

"Constantine" wrote:

Guy doesn't know his Christian history either, he thought that Constantine saw a Cross before the battle of Milvian Bridge.

I was taught that he 'saw a cross in a dream' before the battle. :?

"irfghan" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

I was taught that he 'saw a cross in a dream' before the battle. :?

Eusebius reported that the Emperor told him it was a long spear of gold (or light) with a bar forming a cross and an imperial wreath - and transposed on that was the monogram of Christ.

"Constantine" wrote:

Eusebius reported that the Emperor told him it was a long spear of gold (or light) with a bar forming a cross and an imperial wreath - and transposed on that was the monogram of Christ.

Ohh... interesting.

Our lecturer didn't go into so much detail.

"irfghan" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Ohh... interesting.

Our lecturer didn't go into so much detail.

Ahh that's too bad - Eusebius was an interesting guy, he wrote the book the pretty much gives us all our information on the emperor "Vita Constantina" or simply the life of Constantine.

He's called the father of church history.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
hey Aasiya, u copied my pic :x

oops, sorry didnt notice... admin shudv added my HP one to his list!! :roll:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

How many diffirent animals has everyone drunk milk from?

As of thus far I can only claim one. (cow)

c'mon people I want to know... Blum 3 (milk thirst)

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

hoarse milk is gud 4 u

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

I like milk too.

Lots of vitamins, packed with calcium and other stuff. And tastes nice.

What's not to like?

I like it warm with honey on a cold day...or really cold on a warm day.

"Shabana" wrote:
I like milk too.

Lots of vitamins, packed with calcium and other stuff. And tastes nice.

What's not to like?

I like it warm with honey on a cold day...or really cold on a warm day.

yess, finally someone who gewts it!

horse milk? i hear goats milk is readily available in norway...Norway here we come.

"Dawud" wrote:
yess, finally someone who gewts it!

horse milk? i hear goats milk is readily available in norway...Norway here we come.

Horse milk...sounds gross! Plus, I think they use it in shampoos and creams, etc.! Doesn't sound too appealing.

I've never actually tried goats milk...sounds horrible. Very good for you though. In fact, when I go shopping I might buy some (chocolate) goals milk to see whether it's any nice...

To me milk is like them energy drinks. It really does boost my energy. I wish every shop sold Milk in a bottle like they sell coke.

However, I feel sick at the thought, sight and smell of boiling hot milk with a skin on it... :?

I wouldnt have a problem with milk only if it didnt leave that taste in your mouth, having said that i prefer tea or hot chocolate.

Boiled milk with the skin ewwww

Pages