How long are the admins going to let this thread exist?

256 posts / 0 new
Last post

why?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
why?

Crossed the distinction between public and private.

You'll figure that out by age 18 probably.

c'mon tell me on PM

u really do think its okay don't u?

ur a scrubber dave!

lol Judda your parents have failed you

or vice versa

huh?

Tip of the day: Don't burn couscous.

whats couscous?

"100" wrote:
Tip of the day: Don't burn couscous.

That can't be pleasant

[url= unspun[/url]

I mixed a tesco med-veg couscous with some plain couscous, poured on boiling water and thought I could get away with leaving it on low heat for a few minutes, which isn't necessary as it only needs to absorb hot water, but I always used to do that. Then I prepared a honey and rose harissa dressing which is lovely. But I burned the couscous and now if I don't eat it I'll be starving. It tastes appalling.

That's why the United States has graceously bestowed pizza delivery services on the rest of the world.

Come to think of it there is a kosher vegetarian pizza service run by an American I know but they I doubt they deliver. btw If you ever need a kosher vegetarian pizza or burnt couscous sent over from the UK let me know.

"100" wrote:
Come to think of it there is a kosher vegetarian pizza service run by an American I know but they I doubt they deliver. btw If you ever need a kosher vegetarian pizza or burnt couscous sent over from the UK let me know.

I do like kosher food...

I thought all veg was kosher?

Just like Veg are halaal?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

There is a Jewish part of Charleston with the most awesome deli in the world.

The guy there is really cool too, he's Orthodox Jewish I think, tells me all kinds of interesting stuff about Judaism.

For example Tanak is an acronym. TNK for Torah Neviim and Ketuvim.

I wish Christian pastors were more like Jewish Rabbis - without exception they are always the most intellectual clergy of any faith.

Admin,

Good point. Veg are kosher, but to be certified kosher a place must be meticulously scrubbed and keep dairy seperately from meat, hence kosher vegetarian. But I am happy, as it happens, to accept that somewhere like Govindas is strictly vegetarian so that is good enough for me. In fact the kosher pizza place I was thinking of probably has some tuna toppings and the like so it won't be strictly veggie, but they won't allow meat on the premises. I equate kosher dairy-only with veggie but that isn't accurate. I am strictly veggie and don't get much nourishment, so if the couscous is burnt I still eat it.

Charleston, that isn't in the line of Rita?

Hey Constantine, I am really impressed!

"100" wrote:
Charleston, that isn't in the line of Rita?

Nope, that was Ophelia.

Rita is threatening Texas

"100" wrote:
Hey Constantine, I am really impressed!

Thank you kindly, what have I done to impress you?

That you remembered what the deli man said. Probably he could have told me about the couscous too.

"100" wrote:
That you remembered what the deli man said. Probably he could have told me about the couscous too.

lol some people are just very good at explaining things.

I'm not sure if he himself is a Rabbi but my inclination is that he is not, most Rabbis I know spend most of their time studying and lecturing (outside of their clerical responsibilities) and would have no time for a small business.

The guy at the deli is phenomenal though - he quite literally walks to his synagogue on Saturday, probably a good 4 or so miles.

"100" wrote:
Good. From what I was reading [url= another disaster is waiting to strike. I'm hoping this is just nervousness after Katrina.

Yea.. that fool Nagin wants to send people back into New Orleans despite the fact Rita is going to go straight by it.

I dunno what happened to Ophelia, last I heard my parents said it wasn't touching Carolina.

Is this lurgy thread still going?!!!

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

Constantine,

Walking around on a Saturday's obligatory, miles and miles is dedication! He could be a rabbi but one who never took up an official position, either way if he's well studied some of his peers will be rabbis.

I just commented on Nagin on the Rita thread, seems we're in agreement on that guy.

Gotta go. Hugs.

Yikes, that's impressive - I didn't know that was obligatory.

I have some reform Jewish friends who drive, but what i've quickly learned about my reform Jewish friends is that they are very laissez faires with religion.

What is necessary for some one to become a rabbi? Is there some sort of ecumenical school?

A talmudic college is called a yeshiva. (I went to one but dossed around and, about a week before I was due to leave for kibbutz, they quite rightly kicked me out and I spent some time in Jerusalem hanging around the Old City which was mostly educational.) Just like any qualification the strength of a rabbi's s'micha (rabbinical qualification) depends on the reputation of the yeshiva.

"100" wrote:
A talmudic college is called a yeshiva. (I went to one but dossed around and, about a week before I was due to leave for kibbutz, they quite rightly kicked me out and I spent some time in Jerusalem hanging around the Old City which was mostly educational.) Just like any qualification the strength of a rabbi's s'micha (rabbinical qualification) depends on the reputation of the yeshiva.

Wow... you don't seem like the dossing type - Jerusalem must have been fabulous.

Always wanted to go to Israel.

So what is the most respected Yeshiva?

Depends what type of community. For instance there are some 'broad church' orthodox yeshivot in Jerusalm like Ohr Sameach and Aish Hatorah which are universally acknowledged, in England we've got Jews' College and in NY the Yeshiva University, but there are also a lot more 'hardcore' yeshivot for those who don't really need an intro. Mine was pretty hardcore but by no means the most 'black-hat' charedi yeshiva. There are also numerous little 'frum' (very religious) yeshivot dotted about everywhere.

Pages