Why We Are Losing Our Youth

37 posts / 0 new
Last post

With every question based on avoiding islam the answer is usually the pursuit of money is consuming too much time and time isnt available but your question is futile because i was just saying that reading the quran should be pushed to understanding it.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Why can't you give a straight forward answer without trying to sound clever? No offence.

"Ya'qub" wrote:

I don't personally really like the Mohsin Khan/Hilaali version, which seems to be the most common. Its seems to be written in such an awkward way which is not enjoyable to read at ALL. Plus there are words in it which aren't even in the dictionary e.g 'tith'. I think the translators are not native English speakers. Its a shame that this is the version that the Saudis chose to print thousands of copies to distribute around mosques, because there are plenty of better ones.

The Hilali and Khan is a Saudi (Salafi) translation which explains why its more easily (and freely) available.. its only become popular in the last 10 years (as far as i have witnessed??).. when i was young, the Yusuf Ali English translation was the most popular worldwide, and id like to think that it is still so.. :?

Id recommend the translations by M.A. Abdel Haleem of Oxford Uni Press, the Majestic Quran by Abdal Hakim Murad, Badawi et al and the Thomas Cleary translation..

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

I dont try, its not a front if you see me in real life you would realise im the same, most find it annoying but what can i do dumb myself down?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Erm let me think about that for a second or two.......... no Smile

Pages