The Revival Magazine Issue 9 - OUT NOW!!!

103 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Why have sudoku @ the back for, a wordsearch is easier.

sudoku is well top gets the juices in the brain flowing.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:
Why have sudoku @ the back for, a wordsearch is easier.

sudoku is well top gets the juices in the brain flowing.

That would require brains and juices.

Back in BLACK

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I read the magazine ages ago but couldn't be bothered to leave feedback so here it is.

- Some people decide whether to take a copy by just looking at the front cover, and I was told by a sister that the cover doesn't look appealing... to sisters.

not everything will appeal to everyone. can't help that not everyone will like a cover. Admittedly, we have not had amny covers that appeal only to girls, but the thing is while a girl may (I think - but may be wrong) pick up something with a car or guns on it, how many guys will publically pick up a mag that is "girly"?
Quote:
- Good to see you've got adverts not just based in Oldham :).
- Aliyah & Jameela article:-
'Aliyah: Alright Jameela, where you at?
Jameela: Er... I'm good Alhamdulillah. What you been up to?'
So Aliyah is saying where you at, which also means where are you and Jameela says I'm good. Doesn't make sense, but anyway....
- Ali & Jamal article, it says 'Meanwhile on the other side of the globe'. I thought they were all in the UK, so come on which country are they in?
- So Ali was banged up for a bag of flour, come on you can do better than that.

Ali is the uk. A few issues ago we said Jamal had gone to learn. I want to call that country Islamistan, but i think 'Ed has issues with the fact tha no such country existing...

and he was not banged up for a bag of flour. That is his excuse. Lawyerly lie.

Quote:
- 'Idiots guide to the Quran', I know some people who took that literally so I had to explain to them.
- My fav articles was the Q&A section (obviously) and '10 things Islam can offer you'.
- The jokes at the back are lame, did you get a 5 year old to come up with that.
I think we know who to blame for that...
Quote:
- Why have sudoku @ the back for, a wordsearch is easier.
- For the brain teasers at the back, how can we check our answers?

1. Some people may not like wordsearches. there is no strict formula or structure for this page. it will always be different from what we have had before.
2. Just ask?
Quote:
- Lastly and not leastly, could you get anyone more biased to review the phones. I mean ' The Revival verdict: IT'S A NOKIA'. Booo! I mean come on!

It is meant to be a little bit of fun. the "facts" were mentioned. After that it is up to the person to decide.

Thanks for the reply. It helps us to know what others think about the magazine - where we are going right, or where we are going wrong.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
how many guys will publically pick up a mag that is "girly"?

Do you mean flowers and the colour pink, if so then I would pick it up... when no-one is looking.

Ok, brain teaser time.

Q1. Possible answers:
- The two children are seated on their mothers laps, or they may be sharing a seat?

Q2. Possible answers:
Angel 3 monkeys?
(b) 54 monkeys?

Q3. Possible answers:
- Suicide, or the person has immunity in the country they're living in?

Q4. No idea.

I think th number 1 brainteaser is refering 2 the fact that 1 person can be some1's mother & some1 else's daughter at th same time...

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"MuslimBro" wrote:

Q2. Possible answers:
Angel 3 monkeys?
(b) 54 monkeys?

question 2 is about how many minutes not how many monkeys

and question 3 is that the person was executed

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
question 2 is about how many minutes not how many monkeys

Oh yeah, 2(a) was supposed to be 3 minutes, not monkeys.

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
and question 3 is that the person was executed

The person must go to trial before they are executed, or unless...

Ok, after a final spurt of effort, I have managed to put all the articles from issue 9 online:

Quote:
[url= Chef - Boneless Chicken[/url]

[url= Chef - Spaghetti Bolognese[/url]

[url= & A - Can Muslims Go To The Pub? Even If They Do Not Drink?[/url]

[url= & A - Animal Rennet. When is it acceptable to consume and for whom?[/url]

[url= & A - Purpose of fasting and how can I become a God fearing person?[/url]

[url= Things Islam Can Offer You[/url]

[url= Guide - Phone-O-Rama[/url] (With added Errata.)

It did take me a long time to put everything up. From the first article to the last, there is an approximate time lapse of about 2 months.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Well, being the generous person that I am, I decided to spend some time to get most of the fun page online too.

Unfortunately the "joke" had to be put down first. Brutally. It did not make it.

im pretty sure this was a sticky thread why has it become unsticky?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

It has been sticky for a couple of months.

There was no need to keep it up there. I think most people that come on here have got the message that Issue 9 is out...

Pages