The Night Journey

73 posts / 0 new
Last post

"angel" wrote:
So then why did angel jibreel take the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) to a certain level and declare that he couldnt go further, what was the point of sayin that? .

VERY good point

"angel" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

But, if angel gabriel wasn't able to get by, even though he was made of noor, surely it was down to the blessing of Allah swt that the prophet saw was allowed to pass by. I personally, don't know much about the agrument about noor or bashr and neither do I want too, I rather focus on the message instead.

So then why did angel jibreel take the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) to a certain level and declare that he couldnt go further, what was the point of sayin that? What was the point of ridin the buraq when it only took the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) to only a certain level? I personally believe it was to show the status of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) as Allah (swt) knows how far angel jibreel and the buraq could travel, rather i think Allah (swt) wanted us to show the status of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and the fact that the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is not an ordianry human like us and nor is he like the angels, infact he is superior to all creations.

Exactly, that the question I am asking. If people are saying that this prove that the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was made out of noor, so why wasn't a creature made out of noor also allow to past this point, I just asking a question. No one is doubting the status of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) here, but the reason the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was allow to past that point, has more too do then the agrument about whether he was noor IMO. Obviously in the time of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) he made a point of not illustrating these issues of noor and his miracles and I believe that like everything esle, it was done for a reason. So getting bogged down in what I percieve as minor issue, is not worth it. The prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was a blessing and mercy on mankind, and as long as people realise that, it ok IMO.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

actually that fact that he could cross whilst the angel couldnt

proves that he's MORE special then Bashr AND noor

this shuts them people up who say that he was "just like us"

the reson why these arguments never took place in his time is cos Muslims werent trying to put him down like many do today

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
actually that fact that he could cross whilst the angel couldnt

proves that he's MORE special then Bashr AND noor

this shuts them people up who say that he was "just like us"

the reson why these arguments never took place in his time is cos Muslims werent trying to put him down like many do today

Yeah it does show he was more special then Bashr and Noor, afterall he was the Prophet of Allah swt he was a seal of all the Prophets and the one who revealed the word of Allah swt to everyone and who led the lifestyle that all muslims should follow. That all we should concretrate on. These MINOR issues are just used to seperate the muslims on the whole. I also don't think that anyone is trying to put the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) down, it just there way of trying to understand and relate to his mission. As long as these people believe what I have stated above, I don't see no problem and I don't see the point of getting caught up in these discussion especially looking at the error that lie within muslims today that need to be turn around.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

salaam

noor /bashr is an old irrelevent issue...
who cares if the prophet was noor or bashr?

its not going to change our view and love of the prophet is it? its not going to make us follow him any less? it doesnt increase or degrade his status does it?

its an issue that enemies of Islam have a field day with....the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) came to divide us, elevate us, show us a purpose of life and motivate us to do good and forbid evil...oooohhh no...lets argue if the prophet was noor or bashr.
Dont fall in to the traps of the enemies of Islam.

Leave this issue to the highly qualified scholars and respect their views, dont waste time debating it.

wasalaam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

noor /bashr is an old irrelevent issue...
who cares if the prophet was noor or bashr?

its not going to change our view and love of the prophet is it? its not going to make us follow him any less? it doesnt increase or degrade his status does it?

its an issue that enemies of Islam have a field day with....the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) came to divide us, elevate us, show us a purpose of life and motivate us to do good and forbid evil...oooohhh no...lets argue if the prophet was noor or bashr.
Dont fall in to the traps of the enemies of Islam.

Leave this issue to the highly qualified scholars and respect their views, dont waste time debating it.

wasalaam

Totally agree.

[url=http//

dont censor debates Mr Ed :evil:

i also dont care if people think that he was noor or he was bashr

my only issue is with them who cuss others for not seeing the Prophet as they see him

the noor/bashir is an old debate

but so is the Milad one that YOU have been arguing over throughtout the thread

that issue also divides people

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
dont censor debates Mr Ed :evil:

i also dont care if people think that he was noor or he was bashr

my only issue is with them who cuss others for not seeing the Prophet as they see him

the noor/bashir is an old debate

but so is the Milad one that YOU have been arguing over throughtout the thread

that issue also divides people

i havent been arguing over milad, i have simply tried to answer those who say it is wrong to do it...i also have been stating that if one celebrates it or not it is up to the individual.... its not anyones job to accuse one another. my stand was trying to unite people on the issue.

i have said what i need to on this issue and milad..i havent got anything else to say on the matter..but feel free to continue in the discussion.

wasalaam

Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
everything that happens in life is due to blessings of God

Listen furbal.

Hitler did not murder 6.2 million Jews with the blessing from God !!

What sort of God would bless the Holocaust ?

Certainly not the true Lord of the Universe.

Omrow

theres a thing called Blessings in disgiuse! not everything is straight forward. God obviously knew the holocaust was going to happen, after all he makes things happen. question is, what positives can we take from it and what can we learn from it?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder Hussain" wrote:
theres a thing called Blessings in disgiuse! not everything is straight forward. God obviously knew the holocaust was going to happen, after all he makes things happen. question is, what positives can we take from it and what can we learn from it?

He allows us to have free will. That can have positive impacts as well as well as negative.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

yes it is.

but i dont know of any events happening around our area :?

Ed...Admin....knw anywhere?

i let my lil bro go to london for Qibla's event 2nyt, but i dont knw where i can go sumwhere 2day!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Tonight is the night (I think).

The night of Mi'raj.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

mum woke me up this morning for Sehri but I carried on sleeping-so I'm not fasting today :oops:

at three in the morning a person is totally DEAD they need more then a gentle "wake up" call

they need to be dragged out of bed

even in Ramadan getting up for sehri is the hardest part of fasting to me

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
mum woke me up this morning for Sehri but I carried on sleeping-so I'm not fasting today :oops:

at three in the morning a person is totally DEAD they need more then a gentle "wake up" call

they need to be dragged out of bed

even in Ramadan getting up for sehri is the hardest part of fasting to me

hehe..gettin up in da mornin is hard.

I hav 3 alarms in my bed room:- my mobile, a normal alarm n alarm dat talks n screams weneva the bell goez off its really annoyin but its worth it even though sumtimes i still dnt get up :oops:

We meant 2 keep a fast after the night of mi'raj, ours night programme is 2day so i aint fasting 2day either, gnna b fasting 2moro insh'Allah.

If i sleep dwnstairs i think dat'll get me up easier coz i can chuk myself off the sofa by fallin off Lol

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

the night of Miraj was last night-last night was 27th night so today is 27th day

so shouldnt we be fasting today?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
the night of Miraj was last night-last night was 27th night so today is 27th day

so shouldnt we be fasting today?

well we shuld fast after the night of ibadat many mosques in lancashire r doin dat tonight so i suppose most of us dwn here wuld b fasting 2moro.

but shouldnt all of UK be celebrating Miraj on the same night?

Miraj was on the 27th-which is today and started last night

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
but shouldnt all of UK be celebrating Miraj on the same night?

Miraj was on the 27th-which is today and started last night

It shuld b celebrating on the same night but wat can u do wen the Imams of the mosques keep different dates. Same thing happens wid ramadhan n wen it happens wid Eid is well annoyin.

In the function at the mosque last night the imam talked about the Qaseeda Burda Shareef. He spoke in Urdu so I only understood bits. But the story is really moving.

This is a documentary in English. (27 mins)

Broadband
[url=
[url=

Lowband
[url=
[url=

The Qaseedah Burdah is really beautiful mashallah. and ive got hundreds of versions, all excellent.

my lot are fasting 2day....except me! had ma braces taken out 2day....in pain Cray 2

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

It's a looong fast today. It going to open at around 8.15pm

I was too lazy/tired to make myself anything at Sehri time, so I just drank milk.

I'm so lazy at Sehri time, I just about read my Fajr. :oops:

Tell me bout it..these fasts r long i wonder hw mine is gnna b 2moro coz i hav 2 open it during dhikr mehfil in mosque as it's gnna open after 8pm.

Oh..well it's friday 2moz my favourite day of de week..hehe

Guessed why?....it's half day at wrk coz i read jummah which its top Lol

Hmm i wondering, when are the clocks gona go back? That wil mean the fast will be opening earlier...i cant get up for sehri, i always say to mum i am gona come in 5 mins but by then i am knocked out and mum comes again to wake me up and by this time she gets pretty annoyed with me....same with fajar i get lazy at times.

p.s mujahida are u at wrk at the mo?

"angel" wrote:

Yes! am sis.
Weneva i send mssges on the revival i mainly send them 4rm wrk. Work becums more fun wid the revival n 1 of the other groups put 2getha is even betta..hehe Biggrin

"Mujahidah" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

Yes! am sis.
Weneva i send mssges on the revival i mainly send them 4rm wrk. Work becums more fun wid the revival n 1 of the other groups put 2getha is even betta..hehe Biggrin

luki you, where do u work? Where i work we cant even use internet or mobile fones unless we are on our break, talkin of work i need to go in a bit Cray 2 Sad i hate work!

what are the benefits of fasting on shabe-miraaj? anyone know

Pages