"Bad" Hijab Girl

147 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Noor" wrote:
perv. try lowering your gaze :roll:

if they didnt want bros to look then they wouldnt dress like that Biggrin

tera mere milna & mohatarma

The beard issue really annoys me. I think it is a praiseworthy thing if grown FSA (for the sake of Allah (swt)) but many people do it to show off/gain respect, or our of fear of being looked downupon. On top of this, MANY people whose beards are beautiful have manners which are very UGLY!

People worry so much about looking as Sunnah as possible but unless they ACT in a SUNNAH manner i.e. be polite, courteous, calm, patient etc etc etc then all they are is an empty shell dressed in a beard and a thobe.

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said 'The only reason I have been sent is to perfect good manners.' (Ahmad) , [and not to give us fashion advice!]

In regards to hijab, of course I think its important, but once again it must only be worn FSA. if its worn for someone's parents or to gain respect from friends then there is no reward in it. The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said 'Verily actions are by intentions, and for every person is what he intended.' (Bukhari and Muslim). It may be quite safe to say that someone who is happy to indulge in many *dodgy* things openly and in public would not have made an informed and genuine decision to wear the hijab. Although ofcourse Allah (swt) is the Judge of all things.

But EVEN if we are correct in saying 'that girl isn't a particularly good Muslim even though she wears the hijab' what can we possibly achieve from this? Does it make us a better person because of association? not really. Can we learn a valuable lesson in raising our own children? perhaps. Are there more pressing matters for us to concern ourselves with? I would say so.

I think in general people are so consumed with outward appearance that they often lose sight of the real message that Islam (for me) teaches: To Worship Allah (swt) in the way he has prescribed, and to treat others in a reasonable, kind and generous manner. Its quite simple (although not easy) and I don't see why anyone needs to add anything to it. For me, that would just dilute the beauty and truth of Islam.

Throughout the Qur'an and hadith there are dozens and dozens of examples of what type of action leads someone to Paradise, and correct me if I'm wrong, I don't remember anywhere saying someone has to look a certain way to enter Paradise.

So why can't we all (me included) stop looking at other people and start looking at ourselves (inside)?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

yaqub i take it you dont have a beard and dress like a tranny?

"bro" wrote:

if a brother chooses to wear a jilba it does not make him a "tranny". Its called modest covering something which your obviously not familiar with!

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
"bro" wrote:

if a brother chooses to wear a jilba it does not make him a "tranny". Its called modest covering something which your obviously not familiar with!

whats a jilba? :oops: whats with all the aggro?

ppl are both consumed with the outer and inner. I think both are a reflection of each other, they're equally important. If you really understand islam internally you will naturally wish to express that externally, why would you refuse to or be adamantly opposed to it. Unless you're ashamed of association with other muslims or you're simply not ready. If you're not ready for physical changes then that's fine. But doing so coz you'd rather blend in with the non muslims and be kushy with them is really low.

i doubt a brother would grow a beard for a few months or years merely to show off how pious and dedicated they are to their faith. It's not like buying a piece of cloth and placing it on ur head, it takes a lot more inner strength i think. I mean witha headscarf if you feel ur not ready u can remove it, with a beard it could be a lot more difficult. Sure some show off, and have bad manners, but that's true for hijabis and niqabis also.

Someone already mentioned this. Just coz a muslim man or woman wear islamic attire does not mean they are perfect in every way. We shouldn't expect saintly behaviour from them, perhaps that why so many muslims are being judgemental. We expect the highest levels of virtue from them at all times simply because of their external appearance. We need to alter our outlook. They're human they sin like any other person.

I know for a fact that i was more dedicated to islam, and had more zeal for it when i first began practising, and that was prior to wearing a headscarf. Your average muslim would have looked at me and not known i was muslim or thght oh shes an immodest girl no hijab, acting like a non muslim blah blah. Yet were they aware i was up doing my tahhajud and fajr whilst they were asleep. I was completing the Quran on a monthly basis, i was reading non obligatory prayers and regularly attending islamic gatherings.

Now i'm in niqab yes, but i don't get to do many of the extra acts of worship because of time restrictions, because of new duties i have since getting married. Yet if those judgemental muslims looked at me they'd most likely think masha'Allah she's so pious, well how do you know, fact is you don't, so hold ur tongue perhaps?

i have no problem with someone doing anything external to express their inner beliefs or feelings. in fact (like i said before) i think this is praise worthy in itself.

my problem is with a certain type of guy (or girl) who thinks that the fact that they have a beard or jubba (or hijab or niqab) gives them a stamp of authority which enables them to turn their noses up at everyone else.

This is by all means NOT the majority of people who have a beard etc., but in my experience there are a HUGE number of people like this. (there is also a significant amount of Muslims who look down on people because they DO have a beard etc too, and this is just as bad if not worse) the classic example of this was when someone SHOUTED at my friend in the mosque (disturbing everyone else's prayer AND humiliating my friend) because he had shaved his sideburns.

This type of behaviour leads to a Muslim community that is fractured and there is no internal dialogue and in turn not enough progress within the wider society.

I for one have a wide range of very close friends who I can truly call my brothers, some of whom have beards, some moustaches and some clean-shaven faces, and I've even got a friend who has a gigantic tattoo of a crucifix on his arm, but what is important is that they are all good Muslims (which means they are NICE people). Because I've kept an open mind i've realised not to focus on appearences as much as i can, and alhamdulillah I am so glad I did, i hope more people can do this in the future.

Imam al-Ghazali said there are THREE people who judge somebody:

-an Imam
-his Deputy (in the Imam's absense)
-an Imposter (i.e. nobody else has any right to judge anybody).

And I think that just about says it all

"bro" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:
"bro" wrote:

whats a jilba? :oops: whats with all the aggro?

i meant jilbab its the islamic dress. I aint having ago at you, you just need to choose your words more carefully. Just because you might not wear a jilbab or have a beard doesnt give you the right to take the mick out of others who do. Ok perphaps you didnt mean it the way it sounded thats why im saying choose your words more carefully in the future. [/img]

I'm shocked at the posts by "bro". Make your posts more civilised man. The comment you made about a girl who wears hijab in jeans being fit was very pervy :roll:

Religion is the heart in a heartless world.

"Viper" wrote:
I'm shocked at the posts by "bro". Make your posts more civilised man. The comment you made about a girl who wears hijab in jeans being fit was very pervy :roll:

Well he's got a point,

if your gonna dress like a tramp you should expect pervs will look at you.

Take that however you want.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Viper" wrote:

Well he's got a point,

if your gonna dress like a tramp you should expect pervs will look at you.

Take that however you want.

Exactly my thoughts. He was being honest. If you dont want the attention then dont dress like that!

fank u fank u. i wasnt saying having a beard makes you look like a tranny. i said not having a beard makes you look like a tranny. gyals who dress like that want bros too look they cant blame a bro if he wants to look at what shes offerning

He shouldn't be looking at her in the first place despite the fact she's dressed inappropriately. Two wrongs don't make a right!

"bro" wrote:
fank u fank u. i wasnt saying having a beard makes you look like a tranny. i said not having a beard makes you look like a tranny.

Not having a beard DOESN'T make you look like a tranny. How do you figure that one out?

"Noor" wrote:
He shouldn't be looking at her in the first place despite the fact she's dressed inappropriately. Two wrongs don't make a right!

Although it certainly seems enough to condem a man.

Back in BLACK

cos not having a beard makes a guy look like a gyal. and guys who look like gyals are called trannys.

"bro" wrote:

I never said whether or not i had a beard. why do u assume that me not liking judgemental people means that I don't have a beard?

If u mean the fact that I go around in a cocktail dress and high-heels then yes, I suppose i DO dress a bit like a tranny...

Many of my friends from South-East Asia or sub-Saharan Africa simply can't grow beards, does that make them less Muslim in any way?

Atleast they don't have hairy backs!

"bro" wrote:
cos not having a beard makes a guy look like a gyal.

And who the hell are you to decide whether if a guy looks like a girl just cz he doesn't have a beard? That may be the case for you but certainly not for everyone else.

If a brother chooses to have a beard then its his own personal choice. Just because a brother does not have a beard DOES NOT make him a tranny! If a women chooses to dress inappropriately she is going to attract attention from the opposite sex, it’s a fact. It’s in a mans genetic makeup to stare if the temptation is standing right in front of them. Take for example women when the sales are on the temptation is too much for them; they out there spending like there is no tomorrow. That’s a fact.

its not about deciding its about what it looks like. a bro who looks like a woman looks like a woman. this isnt gcse physics. and the one who dresses up as a girl really shouldnt. :roll:

And one should concentrate on themselves instead of others.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

but i dont look like a woman. who are you?

I am You.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

if your me then who am i? Dirol

weres my hairy gyal thread gone? :shock:

I never said I am you. I am You.

I deleted that topic. inappropriate. also correct me if I am wrong, but none of your business really. Just an opportunity to gossip.

u should have the decency to tell me then ennit. prick.

no.

"bro" wrote:

I think that this brother has psychological problems :shock:

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

"bro" wrote:

Admin (You) might be alot of things, one thing is for sure he is not a prick. He is a meddler! Just kidding.

You, Ban this guy! Give me his IP add and I will teach him a lesson or two! Wink

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

Pages