"Bad" Hijab Girl

Salaam to all

I unfortunately have been seeing some Muslim girls who wear the Hijab behaving rather un-Islamically. I sometimes see these girls at university and it is an issue which gets to me. I am by no means a perfect Muslim and I’m not coming on here to say this is what and what not you should do, but it saddens me to see someone disrespecting the Hijab in such a way.

This is something that the Holy Prophet(saw) fought for, the religion of Islam. It seems to me a shame but now I see girls wearing the hijab who hang around with groups of boys, wear lots of make up, wear very tight and revealing clothing such as jeans etc, these are all contradictory to what the hijab is about. By doing this are the girls rebelling or something?

I know that this is a minority group but it doesn’t send the right signals to non muslims or even muslims, do you agree? I was very shocked to see some girls wearing the hijab whilst also wearing revealing clothes. It just isn’t right. I mean if they are gonna do bad stuff then why wear the hijab? Put it this way, if I was to hang around with a group of girls, smoke, party etc etc I certainly wouldn’t have a beard and a Muslim hat on my head! So why do these girls do it? I must admit that I haven’t seen any guys who I just mentioned with a beard and hat doing stuff like free-mixing etc, but Im not gonna deny that it doesn’t happen.

So, have you people seen any examples of this “bad hijab girl”, what are your thoughts? How does it make you feel? What is the best way to solve this problem?

Please share your thoughts.

Ah Viper Viper viper...

The path of the rightious is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Truely blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepards the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truely his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children.

Now I just say that for dramatic affect.

Ive seen these women you mentioned and i agree with you, theres no point in wearing the hijaab if thats what they're gonna be doing. But on the other hand becoming the best of muslims is an on going process. You start off with the little things and over time move more and more into being Islamic.

If i had to explain it i would hazard a guess that these women (however misguided they currently mayb) are trying to become better muslims by taking it slowly. Change is not an easy thing and nor can it be done over night. It takes time and practice. Trial and error.

Now to the many of ppl on here that may seem a little optimistic and these women maybe no more than stupid hypocrits who simply wear it coz it seems "cool" or bcoz they're parents have asked them to.

But i prefer to see people in the best of possible lights.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
theres no point in wearing the hijaab if thats what they're gonna be doing.

/Lex Luthor Voice on

WRONG!!!

/Lex Luthor Voice off.

No matter how they act, they are atleast fulfilling one part of the obligations on them. They should be applauded for what they do, not ostracised for what they don't.

Oh, and what RIGHT do any of us have to make any demands?

Holier than thou pretentiousness is an ugly characteristic.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Honourable sisters never behave like Kaafirs.
You must be seeing things.
Hijab protects dignity of our sisters. They would not do bad things because Allah grants them guidance.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

The world is not a black and white place.

Not everyone is either good or evil.

People do both good things AND bad things.

if you have no right to demand something off someone, why bother with the holier than thou attitude?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"malik" wrote:
Hijab protects dignity of our sisters. They would not do bad things because Allah grants them guidance.

You need to lay off whatever drugs your on and open your eyes :shock:

People do all sorts of crap... religious or not.

And Admin dont use your Lex Luthor voice with me.... i invented that! You dont fulfil an obligation by openly mocking it.

Back in BLACK

You do fulfil the obligation of covering yourself by wearing the hijab.

You may not fulfil a different obligation (of modesty/free mixing etc), but that is an different matter.

Thay are under the same umbrella, but each step should be applauded. Afterall we have no RIGHT to criticise.

Unless you are a sibling, parent or spouse of the aforementioned person.

if you are a teacher, friend, scholar you can advise.

Under no circumstances is gossip an appropriate response, and that is what we are doing here.

It is to make us feel better. "I am better than so and so because that person does this". I do not hold to that.

They both come hand in hand. If you accept the obligation of one then you must accept the obligation of the other.

There will be NO applauding... its unIslamic. lol.

We have every right to criticise as every1 in Islam are brothers & sisters. Siblings, friends, countrymen... Romans.

This is not gossiping... if it was gossiping there would be naming names and i have yet to hear a single name ascribed to this phenomenon.

And no it doesnt make me feel better ... it makes me sick is what it makes me.

Back in BLACK

I am not saying applaud the bad.

You can applaud them for the good thing they have [b]chosen[/b] to do. without being bitchy about the bad.

I don't understand how people think they have the right to comment on another.

"You" wrote:

If people didnt want to be commented on they shouldnt leave their homes.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"You" wrote:

That is not a choice people have. You have to work. shop. It still does not put you in the public domain.

"You" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
"You" wrote:

That is not a choice people have. You have to work. shop. It still does not put you in the public domain.

Sure it is... stay at home.... or go out... its a choice. Not much of a choice but a choice none the less.

No it doesnt put you in the public domain... being a part of the general public makes you in the public domain.

Back in BLACK

We always see people like that and yeah sometimes you do think it's a bit ironic, but you know who are we to judge. We don't know what's in someone's heart. We're all just so quick to judge others.

Plus where do you stop... is it funny that lot's of brothers go to the mosque on Eid, but never any other times even though they know there is more reward praying in jamaat. If someone covers their hair then do we think, yeah but you'r not quite there yet coz you don't where the niqab. None of us are perfect, I know I can be a much better Muslim than I am right now, and how does someone else know whether I am trying to or not? I know loads of girls who where the hijab but don't pray but I also know some girls who pray but don't wear the hijab. All we can do is pray for them, but also pray for ourselves too, coz all of us need Allah's guidance too, but maybe in different ways.

We all should concentrate on ourselves, to be the best we can and to be there for others if ever they need us. Instead of looking down at them, we should be encouraging them. I remember having a conversation with a girl about praying in Ramadan and she said there's no point coz I don't pray otherwise - I don't want to be a hypocrite. I was like you're not being a hypocrite, I do more ibadah in Ramadan than any other time too, we will be rewarded for everything we do, no matter how big or small and we should do as much as we can, whatever feels right to us.

It's a shame that some people who start practicing all of a sudden think they're better than those who aren't. It's these people that might have the greater impact on those around them and inshallah help them on the right path too. That is our obligation to them. But not to do their head in.

Problem is, when people see a girl with a hijaab or a guy with a beard…Islamically they automatically expect MORE from them.

No one really gets bogged down with non Hijaabi Muslim girls, when they wear tight clothes, make up, free mix etc…but the moment a Hijaabi does that, all hell breaks loose.

Some people have a very strange way of thinking if they believe that ‘if a person does x they shouldn’t even do y’

It’s like saying to someone that they have no right to fast in Ramadan cos they don’t pray all year round, or that they don’t have a beard so they have no right to deliver a talk on Islam, or that they don’t give Zakah so they have no right to go to Hajj.

It’s pretty lame.

Everyone has different levels of Iman and Taqwa. It’s our job to encourage the good, and not to tell them to give up the little good they are already doing ‘i.e. you might as well take it off if you’re gonna wear make up, tight clothes etc’

A ‘bad hijaabi’ won’t become a ‘better Hijaabi’ if she takes off her Hijaab. Furthermore, a ‘bad hijaabi’ is doing something that a non Hijaabi is not doing.

I personally would like to know if those people who look down at the ‘bad hijaabi’s’ do absolutely EVERYTHING they’re supposed to do in Islam.

If not, then who the hell are they to comment on the fact that people haven’t as of yet adapted ALL the required obligations of Islam?

"Imaani" wrote:
We always see people like that and yeah sometimes you do think it's a bit ironic, but you know who are we to judge. We don't know what's in someone's heart. We're all just so quick to judge others.

Plus where do you stop... is it funny that lot's of brothers go to the mosque on Eid, but never any other times even though they know there is more reward praying in jamaat. If someone covers their hair then do we think, yeah but you'r not quite there yet coz you don't where the niqab. None of us are perfect, I know I can be a much better Muslim than I am right now, and how does someone else know whether I am trying to or not? I know loads of girls who where the hijab but don't pray but I also know some girls who pray but don't wear the hijab. All we can do is pray for them, but also pray for ourselves too, coz all of us need Allah's guidance too, but maybe in different ways.

We all should concentrate on ourselves, to be the best we can and to be there for others if ever they need us. Instead of looking down at them, we should be encouraging them. I remember having a conversation with a girl about praying in Ramadan and she said there's no point coz I don't pray otherwise - I don't want to be a hypocrite. I was like you're not being a hypocrite, I do more ibadah in Ramadan than any other time too, we will be rewarded for everything we do, no matter how big or small and we should do as much as we can, whatever feels right to us.

It's a shame that some people who start practicing all of a sudden think they're better than those who aren't. It's these people that might have the greater impact on those around them and inshallah help them on the right path too. That is our obligation to them. But not to do their head in.

Isnt that what i said?

Except less wordy

Back in BLACK

Salaam

Wow, a lot of replies already. I appreciate all the views put forward. If you look at my first post I said I wasn’t a perfect Muslim so there is no holier than thou attitude. Malik Im not seeing things, lol Seraphim agrees with me on that bit, it does exist, I dunno if you’re trying to deny it, okay it may not be that big of a deal as some people have stated but it does happen.

I didn’t create this thread to “make me feel better”, what the hell? If we don’t comment on each other then how are we supposed to know what we are doing wrong? I thought we were allowed constructive criticism? No? I appreciate your post Imaani and Muslim Sister. The points put forward are very interesting. Thank you for your contributions.

Religion is the heart in a heartless world.

Sorry if my words sounded harsh, but I hold to the position that we have no right to demand anything from anyone.

Certain symbols require certain etiquette to be followed. Someone goes to Hajj you expect them to come back spiritually better for it, reading regualr namaaz and all that. IMO its the same with the Hijaab. If you're going to take it up, its necessary to observe the correct etiquette.

But that in no way means suddenly overnight i expect the person to be 100% all Islamic... i dont expect such miracles to happen. But you would think if someone goes through the trouble of wearing a hijaab they would have some idea of what it means and try to follow that?

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
Certain symbols require certain etiquette to be followed. Someone goes to Hajj you expect them to come back spiritually better for it, reading regular namaaz and all that.

I don't.

I realise they are completing a fardh that is due. After that... well not many people change. If they do for the better, it is good - but it is not something I will hold anyone to.

i see BHGs ( bad hijab girls) everyday who dress and behave inappropriately. When i was younger BHGs did frustrate and anger me but now i have gotten older i have realised it is not for me to judge such girls but for Allah (swt) alone. So if i see a BHG on the street i go about my business without giving her a second glance as to what she is doing or wearing. But ppl are so quick to label such girls what about BBBs (bad bearded boys).

Once i was sat in the computer room at uni. Couple seats down sat a BB (bearded boy). Now looking at him one would assume that he was a respectable brother because he has a beard (thats the assumption that many ppl would draw). However, when this brother opened his mouth and spoke i soon realised that he his image did not match his attitude. He swore in every single sentence and was talking about the most disgusting matters. What about BBBs who wear jeans? Jeans are not only tight on the girls but also on the boys too.

And finally i dont see why you lot are getting your beards in a twist its us GHG (good hijab girls) that have to put up with the BHGs giving us a bad name. Biggrin

"Seraphim" wrote:
"malik" wrote:

You need to lay off whatever drugs your on and open your eyes :shock:

People do all sorts of crap... religious or not.

I think maybe Malik likes to see the better side of these girls rather looking into the negative. Perphaps thats why he does not see what we see.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Seraphim" wrote:
Certain symbols require certain etiquette to be followed. Someone goes to Hajj you expect them to come back spiritually better for it, reading regualr namaaz and all that. IMO its the same with the Hijaab. If you're going to take it up, its necessary to observe the correct etiquette.

I agree with that, especially about the Hajj.

Nice post Naz, I read the bit at the bottom that says you're a girl! Lol. Yeah true, I know jeans can be tight on guys too. Anyway, I hear what you're saying sister. Naz, you may think the BHG's may give the GHG's a bad name but IMO that means they're giving everyone, the guys included, a bad name. Remember we are one Ummah.

May Allah(swt) make us all better Muslims.

So... are the guys not giving everyone a bad name?

:roll:

Yes, remember I posted on what I have seen. I said I haven't seen any examples of guys with beards etc doing bad stuff BUT if you read my first post I said that I'm not denying it doesn't happen.

Are you telling me you do not know any guy with a beard (big or small) who smokes weed?

mashallah, you have good company.

"You" wrote:
mashallah, you have good company.

Very good company indeed.

"Naz" wrote:

I think maybe Malik likes to see the better side of these girls rather looking into the negative. Perphaps thats why he does not see what we see.

Dont we all. But not at the expense of whats clearly infront of u.

Back in BLACK

Whatever happened to making 70 excuses for another Muslim?

"Noor" wrote:

I don't do that. But then again I don't condemn them either.

"Noor" wrote:
Whatever happened with making 70 excuses for another Muslim?

We've just reached 71.

Back in BLACK

"Viper" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

I agree with that, especially about the Hajj.

Nice post Naz, I read the bit at the bottom that says you're a girl! Lol. Yeah true, I know jeans can be tight on guys too. Anyway, I hear what you're saying sister. Naz, you may think the BHG's may give the GHG's a bad name but IMO that means they're giving everyone, the guys included, a bad name. Remember we are one Ummah.

May Allah(swt) make us all better Muslims.

yeh it does reflect badly on all muslims but its more on girls because the BHG have the same gender as the GHG.

"Viper" wrote:
I read the bit at the bottom that says you're a girl! Lol

whats so funny bout my sig. I got sick on being cald a guy hence why i put it to clear that issue.

"Viper" wrote:
I said I haven't seen any examples of guys with beards etc doing bad stuff
well you must turn a blind eye then coz i have seen plenty!

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Noor" wrote:

1. They're smoking weed bcoz it acts as a painkiller (it's true, research shows that cannabis does relieve pain).

Feel free to add your own Blum 3

Pages