"Bad" Hijab Girl

147 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Naz" wrote:
"Viper" wrote:
I read the bit at the bottom that says you're a girl! Lol

whats so funny bout my sig. I got sick on being cald a guy hence why i put it to clear that issue.

Everytime I read that I have to stop myself replying with:

"Tell that to yourself enough and one day you might believe it"

(From POTC and a few other films aswell I think...)

/sowwy

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Back on topic, lets forget weed for a moment. Even smoking is a "bad thing".

What it boils down to is whether "society" finds such an act as a bad thing or not. It is OK to jump on some bad things while others are accepted wholesale.

It is not about right and wrong, but about fake "honour".

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
PS back on topic, forget weed.

Even smoking is a "bad thing".

Talking of smoke it will be intresting know to see where all teh undercover girls and boys will go know to smoke. As if they will smoke in public they will be fined.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

I thought that was still allowed? just not in enclosed areas.

Stick to topic Bliss and Admin.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Problem is, when people see a girl with a hijaab or a guy with a beard…Islamically they automatically expect MORE from them.

No one really gets bogged down with non Hijaabi Muslim girls, when they wear tight clothes, make up, free mix etc…but the moment a Hijaabi does that, all hell breaks loose.

Well I think it's wonderful how we attribute such excellent behaviour with Islam, ie that we have high expectations from a sister in hijab or a brother with a beard. That just shows how high we regard Islam and its teachings.
But, we're all human. We all sin. Doing good isn't supposed to be easy.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I personally would like to know if those people who look down at the ‘bad hijaabi’s’ do absolutely EVERYTHING they’re supposed to do in Islam.

If not, then who the hell are they to comment on the fact that people haven’t as of yet adapted ALL the required obligations of Islam?

Exactly. Plus that's the beauty of Islam, if you are humble, which alongside modesty is also a characteristic of a Muslim, then you never know what your destination will be. This is what I love about Islam, you can never be too nice, too polite, too holy... our example is the beloved Prophet pbuh, so til our dying day we should still be striving to be the best of the best of the best. Plus behind every action is our intention, of which Allah swt knows all about.

"Viper" wrote:
Salaam

I didn’t create this thread to “make me feel better”, what the hell? If we don’t comment on each other then how are we supposed to know what we are doing wrong? I thought we were allowed constructive criticism? No? I appreciate your post Imaani and Muslim Sister. The points put forward are very interesting. Thank you for your contributions.

Salaam Bro, but were your criticisms constructive?

What did you find interesting bro about the comments? Do you agree we should focus more on ourselves and not be too quick to judge others. In your original post you asked what we thought were the solutions to sisters behaving like this, what do you think they are?

Soz don't mean to corner you, just interested.

"You" wrote:
I thought that was still allowed? just not in enclosed areas.

Correct, for now. Savvy bars are building or making use of covered and heated patios and balconies

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

Some of the girls only wear the headscarf to keep their parents happy or get repect from the brothers. If you were to ask some of these girls why they actually wear the headscarf and what it means to wear one they probably couldnt tell you the answer. I think society are far more accepting of a girls who wear a headscarf (even if for the wrong reasons) then those that dont.

"Bliss" wrote:

Talking of smoke it will be intresting know to see where all teh undercover girls and boys will go know to smoke. As if they will smoke in public they will be fined.

they dont smoke in public anyway would tarnish their rep and image. They will stik wiv the usual the toilets.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

if someone is showing cleavage, has short sleaves or is wearing tight fitting clothes, then even if they wear a headscarf they are still NOT in hijab.

So they are NOT fulfilling an obligation.

This does not give us the right to become judgemental, but its still a point I think worth noting

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Naz" wrote:
Some of the girls only wear the headscarf to keep their parents happy or get repect from the brothers. If you were to ask some of these girls why they actually wear the headscarf and what it means to wear one they probably couldnt tell you the answer. I think society are far more accepting of a girls who wear a headscarf (even if for the wrong reasons) then those that dont.

"Bliss" wrote:

they dont smoke in public anyway would tarnish their rep and image. They will stik wiv the usual the toilets.

quite the opposite in my school girls and boys smoke openly to build up their rep and image.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
if someone is showing cleavage, has short sleaves or is wearing tight fitting clothes, then even if they wear a headscarf they are still NOT in hijab.

So they are NOT fulfilling an obligation.

This does not give us the right to become judgemental, but its still a point I think worth noting

Whose being judgemental... we're just looking at them with mild disgust.

Back in BLACK

"Bliss" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

"Bliss" wrote:

quite the opposite in my school girls and boys smoke openly to build up their rep and image.

In school your at that immature age where you think its cool to be seen smoking and yeh it does wonders for your rep and image but once you get older you realise that ppl are not so accepting and it is not cool to be smoking so you do it behind close doors where you think nobody is looking but there is someone.

"Naz" wrote:
"Bliss" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

"Bliss" wrote:

In school your at that immature age where you think its cool to be seen smoking and yeh it does wonders for your rep and image but once you get older you realise that ppl are not so accepting and it is not cool to be smoking so you do it behind close doors where you think nobody is looking but there is someone.

lol hope your not calling me immature , not that i smoke anyway lol

"Bliss" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:
"Bliss" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

"Bliss" wrote:

lol hope your not calling me immature , not that i smoke anyway lol

no no no not you
when i was typing that i had the guys in mind Lol

im a hijaabi who wears jeans

one day when i become a better Muslim i'l adopt more decent clothes

but i would like to ask the people who are 'disgusted, critical and all judgemental'

do u have the correct length sunnah beard

do u guys always wake up for fajr/never miss a prayer

have u never lied, or broken a promise in ur life

are u lot perfect Muslims in every way?

:roll:

if so - u have every right to look down at the Muslims who arent as perfect as ur good self

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
if so - u have every right to look down at the Muslims who arent as perfect as ur good self

Actually.. no they still don't.

"Imaani" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
Problem is, when people see a girl with a hijaab or a guy with a beard…Islamically they automatically expect MORE from them.

No one really gets bogged down with non Hijaabi Muslim girls, when they wear tight clothes, make up, free mix etc…but the moment a Hijaabi does that, all hell breaks loose.

Well I think it's wonderful how we attribute such excellent behaviour with Islam, ie that we have high expectations from a sister in hijab or a brother with a beard. That just shows how high we regard Islam and its teachings.

why is a hijaab or a beard the only symbols of hijaab

a Muslim name is usually the main Islamic symbol for me

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Even so, no one has the right to look down at anyone. We can't judge, a true humble believer is the one who thinks they are the most sinful person on this earth.

were just to tooo judgemental, as a sister once said at a conferance just before you point a finger at someone else point three back to your self. if that make sense.

"You" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

i think it was jesus who said

'he who is without sin may cast the first stone'

point being

the saints may feel free to judge

That was just one of many examples of something people associate with Islam/piety. Only used coz Viper is talking about girls in hijab and MS gave another similar example of brothers with beards.

But a true saint wouldn't, he would think he's the most sinful person on this planet.

nawty hijabis? Lol :twisted:

tera mere milna & mohatarma

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"You" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

i think it was jesus who said

'he who is without sin may cast the first stone'

point being

the saints may feel free to judge

is she for real?

Who dares to judge another soul? Are appearances such a true measure?

Here's a story. One day some students making their way to the synagogue of their Rebbe, their spiritual mentor, Rabbi Levi Yitzchak of Berdichev, encountered a young, uneducated Jewish shepherd in non-Jewish employ playing the flute. The shepherd boy enquired and was told that this was the Jewish New Year, a time of contemplation of life, making amends and celebrating new commitments. A few days later, passing him again, the congregation of students explained Yom Kippur was approaching, a night and full, tiring day of fasting and prayer ending in forgiveness and spiritual renewal. The shepherd asked his adoptive parents if they would take him to Berdichev.

The next day the Rebbe reached Ne'ilah, the final service of Yom Kippur in which all judgement is at stake, and paused in meditation for an unusual length of time. His students, hungry and exhausted, became restive, beginning to express concern. Suddenly what seemed like a travesty occurred. The shepherd boy walked in, saw the congregation murmuring and looking to the Rebbe, took out his flute and played. No instrument has been played on Yom Kippur, or any other holy day, since the time of the temple. The Rebbe, however, motioned to his congregation not to interrupt the boy. At the end of the soulful melody the Rebbe approached the boy and told him that the prayers of the congregation had not been enough. Tearfully the Rebbe instructed him that only his simple prayer on the flute brought redemption for the year ahead.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

"You" wrote:
Are you telling me you do not know any guy with a beard (big or small) who smokes weed?

mashallah, you have good company.

Yes that is what I'm saying.

Naz, I was laughing at the fact that you went out of your way to let everyone know that you're a girl, bcoz as u said people mistake you for a guy. That's all.

"Imaani" wrote:

Salaam Bro, but were your criticisms constructive?

What did you find interesting bro about the comments? Do you agree we should focus more on ourselves and not be too quick to judge others. In your original post you asked what we thought were the solutions to sisters behaving like this, what do you think they are?

Soz don't mean to corner you, just interested.

It's ok you can corner me I don't mind lol. Yes I agree that maybe we shouldn't be too quick to judge others, like I said I'm not perfect, I'm human, if I'm doing something wrong, tell me. I think the solutions are that we have to educate these people more and let them know the mistakes which they may be making. In a constructive way. Like the posters have been doing to me Biggrin

I am inclined to agree with the brothers post saying that if you have headscarf on but your cleavage is revealed and short sleeves etc, how can this be hijab? It can't be. That I know is fact. What I do know is that the proper covering is hair, arms etc, face and hands can be shown.

Religion is the heart in a heartless world.

hijabi gyals with tight jeans look fit. Dirol they shouldnt dress like that infront of bros :twisted:

perv. try lowering your gaze :roll:

"Viper" wrote:
I think the solutions are that we have to educate these people more and let them know the mistakes which they may be making.

I have to partially agree with this point. Whilst it is the job of every Muslim to inform and educate another Muslim about Islam I think the ppl with the most responsibility to educate their child is the parents.
Many of the BHG are fully aware of the rules of Islam yet they still choose to ignore them so I don’t think the problem is the lack of education.

Pages