WHATS HAPPENED TO THE FORUMS???!!!!!

54 posts / 0 new
Last post

"You" wrote:
It could be me seeing a problem where there is none.

The thing is we have a lot of people on here who have almost the same opinion on a whole range of issues.

When someone makes a statement, everyone will chime in on their opinion on the issue. Since a lot of the people will have a similar opinion, it can probably seem daunting if you disagree.

It is not a lynching per se, but can at times look like one. It's standard forum dynamics. The number of views on here don't seem to differ too much.

ok just to make you happy You il start disagreeing with everybody that way the forum can be more lively lol. Normally if i dont share someones view il just come out with it anyway i dont care if i get lynched i can stick up for myself.

now let me see who can i disagree with and kick up a fuss :twisted:

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I'll try giving it more time to see if anyone says what I'm thinking on a contentious issue before I jump in. Better that way - my points come with the unspoken caveat that I'm Jewish, and that in itself incurs resistance for some people. But I do add, I've been trying to do that anyway. And who knows, maybe that's in my head.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

no, jump right in.

If people don't like you for whatever reason, their loss. As long as you do not let it get to you, tis all good.

I don't get offended easily, so can at times come off a little harsh.

As an example, I know people who get offended if someone says they will go to hell. ("Who are you to say [b]I[/b] am going to hell?")

On a religious type of forum this can cause issues. Blum 3

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Fair enough, thanks Admin. I've been taking this topic a little personally.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]

"Mr Honey's Day Out" wrote:
I've been taking this topic a little personally.

too right

Lol Thanks.

"You" wrote:
It could be me seeing a problem where there is none..

Ed has seen a prob, I see a prob, so do you.
But I guess we all disagree on what the root of the prob is.

There's no point talking about specific issue's about who's got what agenda,.. just as showkat appears to have an agenda, so does everyone else, in my opinion the non-muslims on here have the most blatant agenda (everyone see's it).

Although the management team are softer on the non-muslims (I understand why they are.. it would be even more boring on here without them), I agree with Admin its forum dynamics.

I think we're looking at the problem with a very narrow mind. look beyond the trees, the success of this forum doesn't only lie on heated discussions and disagreements.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

Why are the forums doooo dead?

Its like a ghost forum.... with only the spammers to keep me company.

hhhmmm with no one on here

I can do pretty much whatever i want :twisted:

Mwahahahhaahaaaa!!!!

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:

I can do pretty much whatever i want :twisted:

Mwahahahhaahaaaa!!!!

good idea lol admins probably snoring away so he wont notice Lol

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol :twisted:

"Seraphim" wrote:
Why are the forums soooo dead?

Some people are on holiday. Others have found more radical friends.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

maybe cz the forums are boring, nowt real discussions are going on thats why people aint posting anymore. no1 fights with each other anymore. seraph, whats happening with ur newsletter idea? that sounded good. i think admin should some kind of email around, just to wake them up.

We have an e group via yahoo.

I doubt an email was sent out about issue 8.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
I doubt an email was sent out about issue 8.

well what u waiting for!

chop chop! get a move on.

That is not my domain (an email may have been sent, but blocked by one of my spam filters...). I still need to put the articles up. That IS my domain.

"Noor" wrote:
maybe cz the forums are boring, nowt real discussions are going on thats why people aint posting anymore. no1 fights with each other anymore. seraph, whats happening with ur newsletter idea? that sounded good. i think admin should some kind of email around, just to wake them up.

Its a work in progress.

Back in BLACK

Since everyone is finding this place a bore, what about a clean break?

We set everything up as brand spanking new, and everything could be better. Or the same. Or worse.

Whaddaya say?

For more info, I am now considering a reverse of what i did before - import the site but not the forums, instead of importing forums and manually adding the site pages.

These old posts will not be lost as they will still eb available in the current location (or moved to an oldforums or similar folder...)

Sounds like a good idea.

So you wanna have all the discussions we had all over again?

It also should make your job abit easier.

"MB" wrote:
Sounds like a good idea.

So you wanna have all the discussions we had all over again?

It also should make your job abit easier.

You realise we're going to have to redo every conversation we've ever had

Back in BLACK

Yeah, but it [i]should[/i] make the forum more livelier

or maybe admin can import some threads from this forum which are old but still active.

"You" wrote:
Since everyone is finding this place a bore, what about a clean break?

We set everything up as brand spanking new, and everything could be better. Or the same. Or worse.

Whaddaya say?

For more info, I am now considering a reverse of what i did before - import the site but not the forums, instead of importing forums and manually adding the site pages.

These old posts will not be lost as they will still eb available in the current location (or moved to an oldforums or similar folder...)

I think the problem seems to be that whenever a topic is started which has previously been discussed, someone will kill it by saying sorry been there, done that. If an old topic is re-visited, all the people who originally posted in it, don't post again, which isn't surprising if they've already said what they wanted to say on the matter. Hence the current situation.

This idea would only work, if we all made an effort to post on topics which we may have previously discussed before.

Also, it would need to be introduced at a peak time, say after a new issue has come out or something like that. If it's really quiet when introduced, it won't be as effective, or simply won't work as the point is to encourage new people to post.

i will guarantee you it will pick up during sept with everyone being back in uni/college and with ramzan starting. Everybody just working and away on hol thats why its so dead.

Pages