WHATS HAPPENED TO THE FORUMS???!!!!!

salaam

going through the list of topics on the forums..... i have to say 95% of topics on on page 1 are boring, pointless, waste of time, garbage, hot air, gossip.............NO REAL TOPICS/DEBATES/DISCUSSIONS.............

whats happened to the forums....?????

yes...forums are to discuss anything n everything...bu c'mon!!!!

or is it just me...?? is my age starting to show:-)

wasalaam

the latter

i dont think anyone, not me certainly, interested in what it means to be british. old dead boring topic Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
the latter

i dont think anyone, not me certainly, interested in what it means to be british. old dead boring topic Smile

that was for the magazine...oh i forgot ur not interested in the mag are you...oh sorry

No it's coz you [i]older[/i] lot have discussed [i]every[/i] interesting topic already!!

There's only contemporary stuff left which is all a bit boring and empty.

What we have is most people who are mellowed out mand some ranting lunatics.

only issue is if the ranting lunatics oppose our view they are hounded out. we are not capable of accepting criticism.

This means real topics are not discussed as all they will result in is personal attacks and hissy fits.

Why would someone start a topic knowing someone ( not mentioning names...) will come on and instead of discussing the topic will just insult the poster instead.

Much easier than possibly discussing the topic.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

That is exactly how you kill a topic. By getting personal.

Seriously it's getting a bit boring now, you should do us all a favour and take it to PM. Blum 3

You talking to me?

You talking to me?

Well there ain't nobody else here!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[size=7]Sh!t!!! ....Lol![/size]

Err no course not.

Blum 3

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:
the latter

that was for the magazine...oh i forgot ur not interested in the mag are you...oh sorry

Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

salaam

going through the list of topics on the forums..... i have to say 95% of topics on on page 1 are boring, pointless, waste of time, garbage, hot air, gossip.............NO REAL TOPICS/DEBATES/DISCUSSIONS.............

Sometimes you behave like a dictator. This scares people. You dont even like me have a go at the Americans.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

"malik" wrote:
salaam

Sometimes you behave like a dictator. This scares people. You dont even like me have a go at the Americans.

u can say what ever u want love...dont bother me.

"malik" wrote:
[size=12]Sometimes you behave like a dictator...

:roll:

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

salaam

yes...forums are to discuss anything n everything...bu c'mon!!!!

or is it just me...?? is my age starting to show:-)

wasalaam

Salaams

I thought i'll check back to see the forums.

I agree with the above point, that is why I haven't posted here for quite a while Smile

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

Got to admit it does get a bit dry. I think some people might hesitate to put up a thread in case they get attacked for their views. I personally think if you got something to say then just say it because the whole point of a forum is to debate and disagree otherwise forums would be boring and wouldn’t exist. There is a possibility that you might offend someone with your views but they shouldn’t take it to heart and get all defensive. Be cool (I know easier said then done).

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

defo would like to see another arguement, at times, you do miss Med/Shazan/All other loopy characters Biggrin

anyone know what happened to the Omrow?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

'Ed thinks I banned him...

you didnt did you?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Why would I do such a thing?

Dont know!

Did he say where hes gone or anything? or disappeared without trace?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Just stopped posting.

I miss Omrow.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]

I guess it aint as heated as before because people have realised that there isn't much point getting into heated discussions. There are more important things to life.

It's quite interesting, the way things have turned out on here. If I could help it, I would not come on here due to various reasons. But as I've typed the URL thousands of times during the last few years, it comes naturally when im bored on the net.

The members on here during the last couple of years imo could be seen as a random pick of views of a generation. It'd be good to keep those posts safe Admin, at least it could be used as a snapshot of historical opinions.

For me, the logical conclusion to make better discussions, is to bring some fresh members on here.

As you've got a new site coming out, you might want to start thinking about new strategies, and new ways forward for this site. The timing also fits perfectly with the appointment of our new PM.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

A new face on the same ole' policies. Lol

One thing I have been considering these past couple of days is whether it is ok to stay with what we have. I do not like this option, but 'Ed keeps talking about not fixing what aint broke.

Moving to a new system is a step sideways. One where I see a lot of possibilities for the future.

However I can ignore the issue for a couple of months or so, when the database issue will force me to change at least something.

I like 1and1, but their stupid policy of only 100megs is grating. I have already got rid of most search terms for the forums.

Zen looked good (and still do), but they are based off RHEL 3 - which is pretty much ancient. They probably also go for the adage if it ain't broke, don't fix it - but they lack support for newer software (They are using php 4.0.x I think and Apache 1.x), and if their software is old, what about their hardware?

This is keeping me in two minds. They have better "policies" than 1and1 IMO. I also like that they are not flashy - comfortable with what they offer and do their job well.

Question is what can we do to get more visitors?

It's the visitors that may turn into members.

1 thing that is a definite is not to lynch any newcomers if they have different opinions. :evil:

When did that happen?

It happens everytime someone has an unpopular opinions.

Everyone gets in line to form a lynch mob.

I like the current mellowed out atmosphere.

But we have lost the original atmosphere we had where there were ALOT of loud people and alot of disagreement.

Admin,

To be perfectly honest, you've got the technical side covered. The physical site itself isn't really that much of an issue. Ed's got a valid point, it serves its purpose of providing a platform where people can share experiences, ideas and thoughts.

[DELETED - already covered]

"You" wrote:

I like the current mellowed out atmosphere.

But we have lost the original atmosphere we had where there were ALOT of loud people and alot of disagreement.

I would agree...

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"You" wrote:

I don't recall it. What opinions?

"Malik" has been the lucky one. He was tolerated far more than most.

Some of the people I ended up banning were also goaded. Maybe unintentionally. Maybe not.

Sometimes even you get stick for no apparent reason. (Sometimes for good reasons. :twisted: )

It's just a general feeling I have. When people discuss personality instead of the topic at hand, I find that a little cheap.

Admin, honestly, I'm seriously not getting that. What kind of opinions? I'm a little concerned as I know some forum members seem to find me controversial, and I end up thinking it isn't me winding them up but the other way round. I do like to establish if someone's got an agenda, like Showkat. So I'm worried that maybe I'm at fault for something. But I don't know if I'm barking up the wrong tree because I don't get what you're referring to.

It could be me seeing a problem where there is none.

The thing is we have a lot of people on here who have almost the same opinion on a whole range of issues.

When someone makes a statement, everyone will chime in on their opinion on the issue. Since a lot of the people will have a similar opinion, it can probably seem daunting if you disagree.

It is not a lynching per se, but can at times look like one. It's standard forum dynamics. The number of views on here don't seem to differ too much.

Pages